11 March 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- DHS Releases Report on Internal Review of Domestic Violent Extremism DHS 11 Mar 2022 -- Today, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) released a report on how it can best prevent, detect, and respond to potential threats related to domestic violent extremism within the Department.
- Statement from CISA Director Easterly on the Passage of Cyber Incident Reporting Legislation CISA 11 Mar 2022
- Convening Authority Takes Action on Sentence in U.S. v. Majid Khan DoD 11 Mar 2022 -- Today, in accordance with his authority under 10 U.S.C. Â§ 950b, the Convening Authority for military commissions, Mr. Jeffrey D. Wood, took action in the case of United States v. Majid Khan.
- Islamic State Fighters in Iraq, Africa Line Up Behind New Leader VOA 11 Mar 2022 -- The Islamic State group is moving to solidify support for its new leader, sharing photos on social media showing fighters uniting behind his rule.
- China detects overseas cyberattacks PLA Daily 11 Mar 2022 -- China has detected continuous cyberattacks targeting its internet since late February, the country's cybersecurity watchdog said Friday.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Department of the Army announces updated COVID-19 vaccination statistics US Army 11 Mar 2022 -- The U.S. Army announced updated COVID-19 vaccination statistics and exemption requests as of Mar. 10, 2022.
- New Application Helps DLA Track COVID-19 Test Kits for White House DoD News 11 Mar 2022 -- The Defense Logistics Agency developed a new dashboard application that provides real-time metrics as it packs and distributes millions of free, at-home COVID-19 tests to American households as part of the White House test kit mission.
- Chinese City of Changchun Locked Down Over COVID Outbreak VOA 11 Mar 2022 -- Chinese officials in the northeastern city of Changchun on Friday ordered the city of 9 million to be locked down over a rise in COVID-19 cases.
- Changchun in NE China under closed-loop management; conducts 3 rounds city-wide nucleic acid testing Global Times 11 Mar 2022 -- Changchun, capital of Northeast China's Jilin Province will conduct three rounds of city-wide nucleic acid testing for COVID-19 starting from Friday and the city has carried out closed-loop management to ensure each resident undergoes nucleic acid testing.
- Chinese mainland's daily domestically transmitted COVID-19 infections exceed 1,000 for the first time since Wuhan outbreak Global Times 11 Mar 2022 -- The Chinese mainland reported 1,100 locally transmitted COVID-19 infections on Friday, including local asymptomatic infections, the first time daily case numbers have exceeded 1,000 since the initial outbreak in Wuhan in Central China's Hubei Province.
- China sees spike of local silent COVID carriers amid new wave Global Times 11 Mar 2022 -- China has seen spikes in domestically transmitted COVID-19 infections in recent days, of which about 50 percent are asymptomatic cases, affecting at least 16 provincial-level regions, the latest daily report showed on Thursday.
- China to make COVID-19 response more scientific, targeted: premier People's Daily 11 Mar 2022 -- China will continue to make its COVID-19 response more scientific and targeted based on the epidemic situation and new developments and features of the virus, Premier Li Keqiang said Friday.
- Central gov't has deep concern for HK residents, fully supports COVID-19 fight: premier People's Daily 11 Mar 2022 -- The central government has deep concern for Hong Kong residents and fully supports their COVID-19 fight, Premier Li Keqiang said Friday.
- Over 3.18 bln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on Chinese mainland People's Daily 11 Mar 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday saw over 5.07 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered, with the total number reaching over 3.18 billion, the National Health Commission said on Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 397 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 11 Mar 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 397 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- Hong Kong's COVID-19 epidemic nears peak, exponential rise in cases ceased: mainland expert People's Daily 11 Mar 2022 -- A Chinese mainland expert has said that Hong Kong's COVID-19 epidemic situation is approaching the peak and plateau stage, with the exponential rise in COVID-19 cases contained.
- Shanghai tightens anti-epidemic measures amid surging COVID-19 cases People's Daily 11 Mar 2022 -- The eastern Chinese metropolis of Shanghai has carried out stringent measures to curb its latest COVID-19 outbreak after the city registered more than 100 local infections in the last 48 hours, according to local authorities.
- German Health Minister to Public: Pandemic Is Not Over VOA 11 Mar 2022 -- German Health Minister Karl Lauterbach on Friday said the COVID-19 situation in the nation is serious and urged citizens not to act as though the pandemic was over.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 179.72 Cr India PIB 11 Mar 2022 -- With the administration of more than 16
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 420 India PIB 11 Mar 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 179
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 11 Mar 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 11 Mar 2022
- COVID-19 kills 139 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 11 Mar 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 138,711 with 139 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Taiwan records 82 new COVID-19 cases, including 7 domestic CNA 11 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan on Friday reported 82 new COVID-19 cases -- seven domestically transmitted and 75 that originated abroad -- and no new deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan sees 7 new local COVID-19 cases, 3 in Greater Taipei CNA 11 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan on Friday reported seven new locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases, three of which are linked to a family cluster in the Greater Taipei area, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Kenya Lifts COVID-19 Restrictions VOA 11 Mar 2022 -- Kenya has lifted COVID-19 prevention measures, including wearing face masks in public and restrictions on gatherings, after sustaining a less than one percent positivity case rate.
- Africa's COVID-19 cases pass 11.26 mln: Africa CDC People's Daily 11 Mar 2022 -- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Africa reached 11,263,286 cases as of Thursday evening, the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) said.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|