25 February 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- US Fines Hit Pakistani Bank's Shares in New York VOA 25 Feb 2022 -- U.S. financial regulators have fined the New York branch of the National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) more than $55 million for anti-money laundering violations and compliance deficiencies.
- Readout of Secretary Mayorkas's Meeting with Mayor Bowser and Chief Contee DHS 25 Feb 2022
- China urges U.S. to immediately cease malicious cyber activities People's Daily 25 Feb 2022 -- China on Thursday urged the United States to offer an explanation for and put an immediate end to its malicious cyber activities, vowing to take necessary measures to safeguard its cybersecurity and its own interests.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- General Assembly holds debate to boost momentum for universal COVID-19 vaccination UN News 25 Feb 2022 -- The President of the UN General Assembly appealed on Friday for greater global solidarity to vaccinate the entire world against COVID-19.
- Thousands Could Die From COVID in Hong Kong, Study Shows VOA 25 Feb 2022 -- Hong Kong's fifth wave of coronavirus could see thousands of deaths, a new study said.
- China's Hubei reports 2 local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 25 Feb 2022 -- Central China's Hubei Province reported two new locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases on Thursday, the provincial health commission said Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 82 new local COVID-19 cases Thursday People's Daily 25 Feb 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 82 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said on Friday.
- HKSAR introduces new emergency regulation providing legal basis for central govt's anti-epidemic aid amid rising cases Global Times 25 Feb 2022 -- The government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) invoked a new emergency regulation on Thursday to provide the legal basis for anti-epidemic measures, supported by China's central government, amid the city's worsening COVID-19 outbreak. It is the second regulation made under Hong Kong's Emergency Regulations Ordinance after the 2019 face covering ban but in a wider scale.
- HKSAR government eases legal requirements to fully leverage mainland support against COVID-19 People's Daily 25 Feb 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government on Thursday said it has relaxed legal requirements on licensing, registration and application, among others, in order to fully leverage the mainland support in combating the COVID-19 epidemic.
- Carrie Lam directs HKSAR gov't departments to pull together against COVID-19 People's Daily 25 Feb 2022 -- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Chief Executive Carrie Lam has directed all HKSAR government departments to work together to combat the ongoing fifth wave of the COVID-19 epidemic, the Information Services Department said here on Thursday.
- North China city reports 22 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 25 Feb 2022 -- Hohhot, the capital city of north China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, reported 22 new locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases between midnight on Wednesday and 2 p.m. Thursday, according to a press conference.
- China's Suzhou reports one new confirmed COVID-19 case People's Daily 25 Feb 2022 -- The eastern Chinese city of Suzhou in Jiangsu Province reported one confirmed COVID-19 case in the first 15 hours of Thursday.
- COVID-19 cases exceed 14 mln in Germany People's Daily 25 Feb 2022 -- The number of COVID-19 cases logged in Germany since the start of the pandemic has reached 14.19 million, the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for infectious diseases said on Thursday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 176.86 Cr India PIB 25 Feb 2022 -- With the administration of more than 32
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 406 India PIB 25 Feb 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 177 Crore landmark milestone (1,77,13,71,582) today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 25 Feb 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 25 Feb 2022
- COVID-19 kills 214 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 25 Feb 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 136,166 with 214 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Taiwan reports 68 new COVID-19 cases, one new death CNA 25 Feb 2022 -- Taiwan on Friday reported 68 new COVID-19 cases -- three domestically transmitted infections and 65 that originated abroad -- and one new death from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan reports two domestic cases of unknown origin, one death CNA 25 Feb 2022 -- Taiwan reported two domestic cases Friday whose source of infection remained unknown, which were among a total of 68 new COVID-19 cases, according to Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸).
- Taiwan eases COVID-19 prevention measures People's Daily 25 Feb 2022 -- Taiwan will relax several of its COVID-19 prevention measures from March 1, given that the local epidemic situation is stable and under control, the island's disease-monitoring agency said Thursday.
- Mexico records 18,252 new coronavirus cases, 362 more deaths SPA 25 Feb 2022 -- Mexico recorded 18,252 new coronavirus cases and 362 additional deaths on Thursday, according to health ministry data, Reuters reported.
- Thailand at 'Crossroads' as COVID-19 Surges Amid Tourism, Economy Rebound VOA 25 Feb 2022 -- Thailand's economy has seen growth in its recovery amid the global pandemic, but rising COVID-19 cases concern health experts.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|