15 February 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Ukrainian Defense Ministry's Website Among Several Hit By Cyberattack RFE/RL 15 Feb 2022 -- The websites of the Ukrainian armed forces and several Ukrainian ministries and banks have been crippled by a cyberattack, the Ukrainian government says.
- Islamic State, Al-Qaida Building Support in Afghanistan, Report Says VOA 15 Feb 2022 -- Despite lingering concerns among some officials in Washington that Afghanistan is on its way to once again becoming a terrorist haven, recent U.S. defense and intelligence assessments seem to indicate that at least for now, groups like Islamic State and al-Qaida are not ready to use the country as a launch pad for attacks against the West.
- High-Ranking Nigerian Police Officer Arrested for Alleged Drug Trafficking VOA 15 Feb 2022 -- Nigerian police have arrested a high-ranking police officer and four other officers for alleged involvement in an international cocaine smuggling cartel. Deputy police commissioner Abba Kyari had already been suspended since August over an indictment linking him to money laundering and fraud in the United States.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly operational update on COVID-19 - 15 February 2022
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 15 February 2022
- Utah National Guard supports hospitals facing COVID surge Army News 15 Feb 2022 -- For the first time since the beginning of the pandemic, Utah National Guard members are providing direct hospital support in non-medical roles.
- DAF COVID-19 Statistics - Feb. 15, 2022 US Air Force 15 Feb 2022
- Officials punished in Huludao for neglecting duties amid COVID-19 outbreak Global Times 15 Feb 2022 -- Suizhong county in the coastal city of Huludao, Northeast China's Liaoning Province announced punishments for officials on Tuesday, for neglecting their duties in the latest COVID-19 outbreak, which started on February 8.
- Border city Manzhouli under lockdown after 5 positive COVID-19 cases found Global Times 15 Feb 2022 -- Manzhouli in North China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region was placed under lockdown with domestic airlines and railway and bus transportation suspended since Tuesday morning, after five COVID-19 positive cases were found in the city, three months since it was placed under lockdown last time.
- HK will stick to dynamic zero-case strategy, has asked central govt for help: Lam Global Times 15 Feb 2022 -- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Chief Executive Carrie Lam said on Tuesday that the government has mobilized everything it can to fight the epidemic, including the arrangement of isolation facilities and testing kits, saying that it is not an option to surrender to the COVID-19 virus. Her remarks come as the city recorded 2,071 new confirmed cases and about 4,500 preliminary positive cases on Monday amid the latest COVID-19 flare-up.
- More than 3.05 billion COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on Chinese mainland People's Daily 15 Feb 2022 -- The number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on the Chinese mainland has reached over 3.05 billion on Monday, growing by about 57 million from the day before, data from the National Health Commission showed Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 40 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 15 Feb 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Monday reported 40 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said on Tuesday.
- Xinjiang cleared of all COVID-19 cases People's Daily 15 Feb 2022 -- Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region has been cleared of all COVID-19 confirmed and asymptomatic cases as of Tuesday, local authorities said.
- HKSAR gov't to leverage support of central authorities to curb COVID-19: Carrie Lam People's Daily 15 Feb 2022 -- Carrie Lam, chief executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), has said that the HKSAR government will leverage the central authorities' support and spare no effort to combat COVID-19.
- Hong Kong reports 2,071 new COVID-19 cases, gov't rolls out sixth-round relief People's Daily 15 Feb 2022 -- Hong Kong recorded 2,071 new cases of COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, according to data from the Center for Health Protection on Monday.
- WHO Warns Of COVID Rise In Eastern Europe Amid Lagging Vaccination Efforts RFE/RL 15 Feb 2022 -- The World Health Organization is warning that a new wave of infections from the omicron variant of the coronavirus is moving toward Eastern Europe, and urging authorities to take appropriate measures.
- Concern over low vaccination rates as 'Omicron tidal wave' floods Eastern Europe, Central Asia UN News 15 Feb 2022 -- The World Health Organization's (WHO) top official in Europe on Tuesday called on governments and health authorities to "closely examine" why there is low demand and acceptance of COVID-19 vaccines, as an "Omicron tidal wave" slams countries in the east of the region.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 173.42 Cr India PIB 15 Feb 2022 -- With the administration of more than 44
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 396 India PIB 15 Feb 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has reached nearly 174 Crore (1,73,82,43,994) today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 15 Feb 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 15 Feb 2022
- COVID-19 kills 167 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 15 Feb 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 134,053 with 167 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Saudi Arabia Reports 1,982 New COVID-19 Cases, 3,372 Recoveries SPA 15 Feb 2022 -- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia announced today the registration of 1,982 new COVID-19 cases and 3,372 recoveries in the past 24 hours.
- Taiwan records 1st COVID-19 Omicron death, 45 new cases (update) CNA 15 Feb 2022 -- Taiwan on Tuesday recorded its first COVID-19 death, an Omicron variant infection, and reported 45 new cases of the disease, including five that were domestically transmitted, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan receives second shipment of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine in 2022 CNA 15 Feb 2022 -- Taiwan on Tuesday took delivery of its second shipment of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine this year, comprising 1.4048 million doses, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan mulls easing border controls to let in foreign travelers CNA 15 Feb 2022 -- Taiwan is considering easing its COVID-19 related border restrictions, starting with the entry of foreign tourists and then lifting the ban on overseas travel by tour groups, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Tuesday.
- Africa, EU to Meet After Rifts Over COVID Vaccines VOA 15 Feb 2022 -- The European Union and African Union are holding their once every-three-year summit this week, after a two-year delay due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Kuwait Records 2,166 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 15 Feb 2022 -- Kuwait recorded 2,166 new infections with the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), in the past 24 hours, bringing the total infections to 606,035.
- Morocco Records 822 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 15 Feb 2022 -- Morocco recorded, in the past 24 hours, 822 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the total number of infections to 1,156,356.
- Palestine Records 3,648 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 15 Feb 2022 -- Palestine recorded 3,648 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), 24 new deaths and 4,073 recoveries in all Palestinian governorates, in the past 24 hours.
- Jordan Records 18,477 New Cases of Coronavirus SPA 15 Feb 2022 -- The Jordanian Ministry of Health announced the registration of 18,477 new infections of the novel coronavirus in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of infections to 1,508,950.
- Mexico Reports 146 More COVID-19 Deaths; Overall Toll Reaches 312,965 SPA 15 Feb 2022 -- Mexico's health ministry reported 7,831 new confirmed coronavirus cases and 146 more fatalities on Monday, bringing the country's overall death toll from the pandemic to 312,965 and the total number of cases to 5,300,537, Reuters reported.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|