13 February 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Central govt aid to HK to boost public confidence Global Times 13 Feb 2022 -- Aid from the central government to help the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) fight against surging COVID-19 infections will greatly boost public confidence amid a gloomy epidemic situation in the city which is finding it difficult to trace all infections and quarantine people after reporting over a thousand new cases for a fourth day running.
- Beijing education regulator dismisses rumors of forcing kids to receive COVID-19 vaccines before new semester Global Times 13 Feb 2022 -- Beijing education authorities issued a clarification on Sunday to dismiss rumors that some schools and kindergartens in the capital city are allegedly forcing students to get the COVID-19 vaccine before coming to the campus for a new semester.
- South China's Guangxi reports 13 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 13 Feb 2022 -- South China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region reported 13 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases on Saturday -- 12 in the city of Baise and one in the provincial capital Nanning -- according to the regional health commission on Sunday.
- Beijing Agrees to Fulfill Hong Kong's Support Requests as City Grapples With Record COVID Infections Sputnik 13 Feb 2022 -- The Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe's (OSCE) special monitoring mission (SMM) in Ukraine has a major role in de-escalating the crisis and should be able to work without interruptions, German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock says.
- Chinese mainland reports 28 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 13 Feb 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported 28 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said on Sunday.
- Hong Kong secures stronger mainland support in fighting 5th wave of COVID-19 People's Daily 13 Feb 2022 -- China's central authorities have agreed to support the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government in taking all measures needed to contain the fifth wave of COVID-19, a senior official said here Saturday.
- Russia Records 197,949 New COVID-19 Cases, 706 Deaths in Past 24 Hours SPA 13 Feb 2022 -- Russia recorded 197,949 new COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of infections to 14,133,509.
- Russia registers 203,766 daily COVID-19 cases People's Daily 13 Feb 2022 -- Russia confirmed 203,766 new COVID-19 cases over the past 24 hours, taking the nationwide tally to 13,935,560, the official monitoring and response center said Saturday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 172.81 Cr India PIB 13 Feb 2022 -- With the administration of more than 49
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 13 Feb 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 13 Feb 2022
- COVID-19 kills 148 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 13 Feb 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 133,718 with 148 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- S.Korea Records 56,431 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 13 Feb 2022 -- South Korea recorded 56,431 new cases of COVID-19 in the past 24 hours.
- Saudi Arabia Reports 2,136 New COVID-19 Cases, 3,482 Recoveries SPA 13 Feb 2022 -- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia announced today the registration of 2,136 new COVID-19 cases and 3,482 recoveries in the past 24 hours.
- Taiwan reports 52 new COVID-19 cases, including 12 domestic CNA 13 Feb 2022 -- Taiwan recorded 52 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday, consisting of 12 domestically transmitted cases and 40 that originated abroad, with no new deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Mexico Reports 579 More Coronavirus Deaths SPA 13 Feb 2022 -- Mexico reported 579 confirmed coronavirus deaths during the past 24 hours, according to health ministry data, bringing the overall death toll to 312,697.
- Egypt Records 2,145 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 13 Feb 2022 -- Egypt recorded 2,145 new infections with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), and 59 deaths in the past 24 hours.
- Brazil Records 140,234 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 13 Feb 2022 -- Brazil recorded 140,234 new infections of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), along with 896 deaths in the past 24 hours.
- New Zealand reports 810 new community cases of COVID-19 People's Daily 13 Feb 2022 -- New Zealand reported 810 new community cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, the Ministry of Health said in a statement.
- Malaysia reports 22,802 new COVID-19 infections, total passes 3 mln People's Daily 13 Feb 2022 -- Malaysia reported 22,802 new COVID-19 infections as of midnight Saturday, bringing the national total to 3,019,163, according to the health ministry.
- Cuba registers lowest daily COVID-19 count in weeks People's Daily 13 Feb 2022 -- Cuba reported on Saturday the lowest daily count of 888 COVID-19 cases in almost six weeks, raising the national count to 1,059,834.
- Brunei's daily COVID-19 cases hit record high for 3 straight days People's Daily 13 Feb 2022 -- Brunei reported 1,125 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, bringing the national tally to 21,579, according to the country's Ministry of Health.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|