02 January 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- January 6 Riot Probe Wants to Know Why Trump Failed to Call It Off VOA 02 Jan 2022 -- The congressional investigation into the riot at the U.S. Capitol last January is zeroing in on why then-President Donald Trump did nothing for more than three hours to stop his supporters from ransacking the building and clashing with police as lawmakers sought to certify that he had lost the 2020 election, the panel's chairman said Sunday.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Statement by Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III on COVID Status DoD 02 Jan 2022
- Over 200 US Marines Discharged as Service Rejects Thousands of COVID Vaccine Exemption Requests Sputnik 02 Jan 2022 -- In August 2021, the Pentagon announced it would immediately require all service members be vaccinated against COVID-19. While the Army and Navy have yet to issue a round of related discharges, thousands of vaccine exemption requests have been denied, and over two dozen airmen and hundreds of Marines have been booted from service.
- Number of Coronavirus Patients at New York Hospitals Nearly Doubles in Past 10 Days Sputnik 02 Jan 2022 -- The number of people hospitalized with COVID-19 in the US state of New York almost doubled in the past ten days amid the spread of the Omicron variant, according to the latest data on Governor Kathy Hochul's website.
- U.S. hits COVID-19 record highs as pandemic enters third year People's Daily 02 Jan 2022 -- The United States has set several new records in COVID-19 indicators as the pandemic enters its third year, and health experts have warned of a "tidal wave" of the pandemic in 2022.
- Xi'an COVID-19 outbreak in NW China still yet to reach inflection point: expert Global Times 02 Jan 2022 -- Northwestern China's city Xi'an is fighting China's severest COVID-19 outbreak since Wuhan's in early 2020 with more than 1,500 people infected, but experts said that the inflection point is still yet to occur.
- Over 2.83 bln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on Chinese mainland People's Daily 02 Jan 2022 -- Over 2.83 billion COVID-19 vaccine doses had been administered on the Chinese mainland as of Friday, data from the National Health Commission showed Saturday.
- Hong Kong reports 17 new COVID-19 cases, 8 additional Omicron infections People's Daily 02 Jan 2022 -- Hong Kong reported 17 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, taking the total tally of confirmed cases to 12,667, data from the Center for Health Protection showed.
- China Records 191 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 02 Jan 2022 -- China reported 191 new coronavirus (COVID-19) cases.
- Chinese mainland reports 131 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 Jan 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported 131 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Sunday.
- Europe tops 100 million COVID-19 cases amid scaled-down New Year festivities Press TV 02 Jan 2022 -- Europe has recorded more than 100 million COVID-19 cases, over a third of all coronavirus infections worldwide, as the Omicron variant spreads rapidly across the continent.
- France Broadens Mask Mandate to Children as Young as 6 VOA 02 Jan 2022 -- France has lowered the age of its mask mandate to 6-year-old children, officials announced Saturday. The news comes just days before schools reopen Monday, following the winter holiday break.
- France to Ease Quarantine Rules for Vaccinated Starting Monday Sputnik 02 Jan 2022 -- France will ease isolation restrictions for the vaccinated starting next week, reducing the number of quarantine days to seven, Health Minister Olivier Veran said on Sunday in an interview with Le Journal du Dimanche.
- Germany Records 12,515 COVID-19 Cases SPA 02 Jan 2022 -- Germany recorded 12,515 new novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases during the past 24 hours, pushing the total number of cases to 7,189,329.
- Britain Records 162,572 New Cases of Coronavirus SPA 02 Jan 2022 -- Britain recorded 162,572 new infections of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), along with 154 deaths in the past 24 hours.
- UK Government Preparing Plans to Avoid Public Sector Chaos Over COVID-19 - Reports Sputnik 02 Jan 2022 -- The UK government is working on contingency plans to prevent disruptions in public sector or transport in the event that many workers have to isolate due to the COVID-19 wave, media reported Sunday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 145.44 Cr India PIB 02 Jan 2022 -- With the administration of 25,75,225 vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 145
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 02 Jan 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 02 Jan 2022
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya reviews Public Health Preparedness to COVID19 and National COVID19 Vaccination Progress with States/UT India PIB 02 Jan 2022 -- Dr
- COVID-19 kills 41 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 02 Jan 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 131,680 with 41 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- S.Korea Records 3,833 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 02 Jan 2022 -- South Korea recorded 3,833 new cases of the novel coronavirus along with 69 deaths in the past 24 hours.
- Cases that Need Health Care, Hospitalization and Admission to Critical Care are Mostly of Individuals who have not Completed Vaccination Doses, Reports Health Spokesman SPA 02 Jan 2022 -- Official Spokesman of the Ministry of Health Dr. Mohammed Al-Abdulaali said that the world is witnessing the highest rate of daily cases since the beginning of the pandemic with the last wave registering the highest rate compared to previous waves of the coronavirus, due to the rapid spread of the omicron variant globally.
- Ministry of Health Reports 1,024 New COVID-19 Cases, 298 Recoveries in Saudi Arabia SPA 02 Jan 2022 -- The Ministry of Health (MoH) announced the registration of 1,024 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 298 recoveries in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia during the past 24 hours.
- Taiwan reports 20 new COVID-19 cases, one from potential cluster CNA 02 Jan 2022 -- Taiwan on Sunday reported 20 new cases of COVID-19, including one from a potential cluster at a quarantine hotel in Taipei, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Palestine Records 137 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 02 Jan 2022 -- Palestine recorded 137 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), two new deaths and 242 recoveries in all Palestinian governorates, in the past 24 hours.
- Jordan Records 1,294 New Cases of Coronavirus SPA 02 Jan 2022 -- The Jordanian Ministry of Health announced the registration of 1,294 new infections of the novel coronavirus in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of infections to 1,065,571.
- Brazil Registers 49 COVID-19 Deaths SPA 02 Jan 2022 -- Brazil reported yesterday 49 COVID-19 deaths and 3,986 additional cases, according to data released by the nation's Health Ministry, Reuters reported.
- Egypt Records 783 New Infections of Coronavirus SPA 02 Jan 2022 -- Egypt recorded 783 new infections of the novel coronavirus "COVID-19", along with 16 deaths.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|