29 September 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- The United States and Qatar Take Actions Against Hizballah Financial Network US Dept. of State 29 Sep 2021 -- The United States and the Government of Qatar have taken coordinated actions against a major Hizballah financial network based in the Gulf.
- The United States and Qatar Take Coordinated Action Against Hizballah Financiers US Treasury 29 Sep 2021 -- Today, the United States, through the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), and the Government of Qatar both designated in coordinated actions a major Hizballah financial network based in the Arabian Peninsula.
- US, Qatar Sanction 7 People for Supporting Hezbollah VOA 29 Sep 2021 -- The U.S. and Qatar together sanctioned seven individuals for supporting a financial network of the Islamist political party and militant group Hezbollah in the Arabian Peninsula.
- Readout of Deputy Secretary of Defense Dr. Kathleen H. Hicks' Travel to U.S. Cyber Command and National Security Agency DoD 29 Sep 2021
- Russian Security Agents Raid Moscow Offices Of Major Cybersecurity Company RFE/RL 29 Sep 2021 -- Russian security agents raided the Moscow offices of Group-IB, a leading Russian cybersecurity company known for its work in tracking down hackers and fighting theft and cyberfraud.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Pfizer, BioNTech to Seek OK for Emergency Use of COVID Vaccine for Children Aged 5-11 VOA 29 Sep 2021 -- Partner COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers Pfizer and BioNTech SE said Tuesday they will formally request U.S. government authorization of their vaccine for emergency use in children between ages five and 11.
- China's top health authority eyes COVID-19 booster policies for key groups Global Times 29 Sep 2021 -- China's National Health Commission (NHC) is formulating policies and measures for a booster shot against COVID-19, an official from the health authorities announced on Wednesday, while when some regions in the country have already started giving additional shots to key groups.
- Harbin in NE China's Heilongjiang punishes nine officials for neglecting duties in viral fight Global Times 29 Sep 2021 -- Northeast China's Heilongjiang Province held nine officials accountable for failing to pay enough attention to the epidemic prevention and control work and their poor management of quarantined people and transport work in the latest COVID-19 outbreak.
- Delta variants detected in genome sequencing in Fujian COVID-19 cases in E. China, from same transmission chain Global Times 29 Sep 2021 -- The latest COVID-19 outbreak in East China's Fujian Province was caused by Delta variant strains, belonging to the same transmission chain, Fujian authorities said during a press conference on Wednesday, after they have completed the genome sequencing.
- Latest COVID-19 outbreak in China's Fujian under control: official People's Daily 29 Sep 2021 -- The latest COVID-19 outbreak in east China's Fujian Province has been brought under control, a health official said Wednesday.
- Over 2.206 bln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in China People's Daily 29 Sep 2021 -- Over 2.206 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccine had been administered in China as of Tuesday, data from the National Health Commission showed Wednesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 11 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 29 Sep 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Tuesday reported 11 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Wednesday.
- Russia Posts Record Daily COVID-19 Death Toll For Second Day In A Row RFE/RL 29 Sep 2021 -- Russia has reported 857 new coronavirus-related deaths, a single-day record since the pandemic began, as the country continues to see a surge in infections linked to the Delta variant and a lackluster vaccination campaign.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 87.66 Cr India PIB 29 Sep 2021 -- With the administration of 54,13,332 vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage exceeded 87.66 Cr (87,66,63,490) as per provisional reports till 7 am today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update - Day 257 India PIB 29 Sep 2021 -- In a significant achievement, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed88 Crore landmark milestone (88,28,81,552) today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 29 Sep 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 29 Sep 2021
- Iran's COVID-19 death toll exceeds 120,000 IRNA 29 Sep 2021 -- Some 272 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the country's total deaths to 120,160, Iran's Health Ministry said on Monday.
- Taiwan reports 11 new COVID-19 cases, zero deaths CNA 29 Sep 2021 -- Taiwan on Wednesday reported 11 new COVID-19 cases, including an Indonesian national who has received over a dozen tests since May, and zero deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Epidemic Prevention Work Further Intensified in DPRK KCNA 29 Sep 2021 -- The emergency epidemic prevention units at all levels are steadily intensifying the preventive campaign in the DPRK.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|