24 September 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- EU Denounces Russian-Linked Cyberattack Campaign As 'Unacceptable' RFE/RL 24 Sep 2021 -- The European Union is urging Russia to adhere to the norms of "responsible state behavior" after a cyberattack campaign targeted a number of member states.
- La. Guard builds bridges, clears roads to recovery after Ida Army News 24 Sep 2021 -- Hurricane Ida blew ashore Aug. 29th, the 16th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, the 2005 storm that breached New Orleans' levees and devastated the Gulf Coast. Ida made landfall as a category four hurricane near Port Fourchon, La. Sustained winds measured 150 miles per hour at landfall, tying Hurricane Laura of 2020 and the 1856 Last Island hurricane as the strongest storm to hit Louisiana.
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jen Psaki and Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas, September 24, 2021 The White House 24 Sep 2021
- Royal Navy seizes Â£17m of cocaine in Caribbean drug bust UK MOD 24 Sep 2021 -- RFA Wave Knight intercepted the suspect craft as it transited international waters near South America, leading to the seizure of 216kg of cocaine.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- WHO backs Regeneron COVID-19 drug cocktail - with equal access, price cut UN News 24 Sep 2021 -- The Regeneron antibody drug cocktail â€“ casirivimab and imdevimab â€“ has been added to the World Health Organization's (WHO) list of treatments for COVID-19 patients, the UN agency said on Friday, before underscoring the need for lower prices and equitable distribution.
- Biden: 60 Million Americans Eligible for COVID-19 Boosters VOA 24 Sep 2021 -- U.S. President Joe Biden said Friday that around 60 million Americans are eligible for a booster shot against the coronavirus.
- CDC Approves Booster Shots for Some Pfizer Vaccine Recipients VOA 24 Sep 2021 -- The director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has approved Pfizer vaccine booster shots for some individuals who completed their first vaccinations at least six months ago.
- Biden Urges Eligible Americans to Get COVID Boosters VOA 24 Sep 2021 -- President Joe Biden on Friday urged eligible Americans to get COVID-19 vaccine booster shots and pleaded once again with the unvaccinated to get their shots.
- Remarks by President Biden on the COVID-19 Response and the Vaccination Program The White House 24 Sep 2021
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 24 Sep 2021
- Latest COVID-19 outbreak in NE China's Harbin caused by Delta variant Global Times 24 Sep 2021 -- The fresh COVID-19 outbreak in Harbin, capital city of Northeast China's Heilongjiang Province, is caused by the Delta variant, local health authorities said on Friday after the city reported nearly 30 cases in three days.
- Over 2.19 bln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in China People's Daily 24 Sep 2021 -- Over 2.19 billion COVID-19 vaccine doses had been administered in China as of Thursday, data from the National Health Commission showed Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 30 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 24 Sep 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 30 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Friday.
- Chinese vice premier urges efforts to curb COVID-19 clusters People's Daily 24 Sep 2021 -- Chinese Vice Premier Sun Chunlan has stressed efforts to carry out various epidemic-prevention measures to curb recent cluster cases in east China's Fujian Province.
- Russia Records New Daily Record For Coronavirus Deaths RFE/RL 24 Sep 2021 -- Russian health authorities say 828 coronavirus-related deaths were recorded in the last 24 hours, a record daily total during the pandemic.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage crosses the landmark of 84 Cr India PIB 24 Sep 2021 -- With the administration of 72,20,642 vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage crossed the landmark of 84 Cr (84,15,18,026) as per provisional reports till 7 am today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update - Day 252 India PIB 24 Sep 2021 -- In a landmark achievement, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 84.82 Crore (84,82,80,511) today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 24 Sep 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 24 Sep 2021
- COVID-19 kills 284 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 24 Sep 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 118,792 with 284 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Vaccine rollout just one factor in looking at lowering of COVID alert CNA 24 Sep 2021 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) will ease COVID-19 restrictions depending on the vaccine rollout and other factors, but lowering the current Level 2 alert will require more careful consideration, Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) said Friday.
- Slovakia to ship COVID vaccine donation to Taiwan; doses increased CNA 24 Sep 2021 -- Slovakia will donate an extra 150,000 doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine to Taiwan, up from the original pledge of 10,000, and will deliver the donation in one shipment on Saturday, according to the Central European country's Ministry of Economy.
- More Than 80 Percent of Indonesia's Vaccine Supply Comes From China Radio Free Asia 24 Sep 2021 -- A little more than 80 percent of COVID-19 vaccines in Indonesia come from China, while a fifth of all vaccines exported by the superpower have gone to the Southeast Asian country, officials said.
- South Africans Want Their Country Off Britain's COVID Travel 'Red List' VOA 24 Sep 2021 -- Britain is gradually easing COVID-19 travel restrictions among African countries on its so-called red list at highest risk of spreading coronavirus. However, South Africa remains on the list, despite a decline in infections. The status is taking a toll on South African tourism and people wanting to visit their families in Britain.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|