18 September 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Chinese mainland reports 31 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 18 Sep 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported 31 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, all in Fujian Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Saturday.
- China hands over COVID-19 vaccines to UN peacekeepers PLA Daily 18 Sep 2021 -- The handover ceremony of COVID-19 vaccines donated by the Chinese government to the UN peacekeepers was held via video link on September 17.
- India Expected to Ease COVID-19 Vaccine Export Restrictions VOA 18 Sep 2021 -- Despite doubts about the effectiveness of China's COVID-19 vaccines, the global vaccine shortage is giving China an international soft power boost.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage crosses the landmark of 79 Cr India PIB 18 Sep 2021 -- With the administration of more than 2.5 Crore vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage surpassed the landmark figure of 79 Cr (79,42,87,699).
As per the 7 am provisional data, the total vaccination is 2.15 Crore, while the total vaccination reported by States is over 2.5 crores
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update - Day 246 India PIB 18 Sep 2021 -- In a landmark achievement, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed80 Crore landmark milestone(80,33,75,147) today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 18 Sep 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 19 Sep 2021
- Health minister: Vaccination of students aged 12-18 to start on Sunday IRNA 18 Sep 2021 -- Iran's health minister said here on Saturday: For reopening of schools it is necessary that students will have received both doses of their Corona vaccine, and we suggest that the students aged between 12 to 18 years will refer to vaccination centers tomorrow (on Sunday).
- Iran's COVID-19 death toll drops to 355 IRNA 18 Sep 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 116,791 with 355 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Taiwan reported 6 new COVID-19 cases, all imported CNA 18 Sep 2021 -- Taiwan reported six new COVID-19 cases -- all patients who contracted the virus overseas -- and no deaths from the disease on Saturday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan reported 6 new COVID-19 cases, all imported CNA 18 Sep 2021 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) has determined that a small cluster of COVID-19 infections involving EVA Airways pilots is under control, while another cluster linked to a preschool has likely also run its course.
- CORONAVIRUS/2nd Medigen jab rollout to start early; flu vaccine coming soon CNA 18 Sep 2021 -- The second Medigen COVID-19 vaccine jab will start a few days early while the seasonal influenza vaccination program will be rolled out around Taiwan starting Oct. 1, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Saturday.
- WHO: Rich Countries' Chokehold on COVID Vaccines Prolongs Pandemic in Africa VOA 18 Sep 2021 -- The World Health Organization is warning that COVID-19 vaccine export bans and hoarding by wealthy countries will prolong the pandemic in Africa, preventing recovery from the disease in the rest of the world.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|