29 August 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Memorandum on the Designation of the Department of Homeland Security as Lead Federal Department for Facilitating the Entry of Vulnerable Afghans into the United States The White House 29 Aug 2021
- DHS to Serve as Lead Federal Agency Coordinating Efforts to Resettle Vulnerable Afghans DHS 29 Aug 2021 -- President Biden has directed the Secretary of Homeland Security to have his department serve as the lead agency coordinating ongoing efforts across the federal government to resettle vulnerable Afghans, including those who worked on behalf of the United States.
- President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. Approves Louisiana Disaster Declaration The White House 29 Aug 2021
- Remarks by President Biden on Hurricane Ida The White House 29 Aug 2021
- Readout of Biden Administration Calls with Gulf Coast Elected Officials The White House 29 Aug 2021
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- US Teacher Source of COVID-19 Outbreak at School, CDC Says VOA 29 Aug 2021 -- A U.S. teacher who read aloud to her students while not wearing a mask is serving as a cautionary tale as schools across the country begin to open for the new school year.
- Full text: Statement by Vice Foreign Minister Ma Zhaoxu on Release of U.S. Intelligence Report on COVID-19 Origins People's Daily 29 Aug 2021 -- Following is the full text of the Statement by Vice Foreign Minister Ma Zhaoxu on Release of U.S. Intelligence Report on COVID-19 Origins, issued on Saturday:
- China blasts 'mendacious' US report on virus origins tracing Press TV 29 Aug 2021 -- China has blasted a "mendacious" report by the US intelligence community that concluded a months-long investigation into the origins of the coronavirus, warning Washington against politicization of the issue.
- China firmly opposes U.S. intelligence community's COVID-19 origins tracing report People's Daily 29 Aug 2021 -- China firmly opposes the report on COVID-19 origins by the U.S. intelligence community and has made strong representations with the United States, Vice Foreign Minister Ma Zhaoxu said on Saturday.
- State governance, strength in organization key to China's anti-pandemic success People's Daily 29 Aug 2021 -- China's state governance, featuring high efficiency and a decentralized national system, and strength in organization have played a key role in its fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, a Sri Lanka-based political economist has said.
- Kosovo Delays Start Of School Year Amid Rise In COVID Cases RFE/RL 29 Aug 2021 -- Kosovo will delay the start of the school year by two weeks and introduce new restrictive measures to cope with a rise of coronavirus infections.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage crossed 63 Cr landmark India PIB 29 Aug 2021 -- India's cumulative vaccination coverage has crossed the 63 Crore landmark yesterday
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 29 Aug 2021
- India's COVID-19 tally rises to 32,695,030 People's Daily 29 Aug 2021 -- India's COVID-19 tally rose to 32,695,030 on Sunday, as 45,083 new cases were registered during the past 24 hours across the country, according to the federal health ministry's latest data.
- COVID-19 kills 581 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 29 Aug 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 106,482 with 581 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- 10 domestic COVID-19 cases part of same-family cluster: CECC CNA 29 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan on Sunday reported 23 new COVID-19 cases -- 13 of them transmitted domestically -- according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC), the first time double-digit domestic cases were reported in one day in nearly three weeks.
- Taiwan receives 30,000 Moderna doses donated by Czech Republic CNA 29 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan on Sunday received 30,000 doses of the Moderna vaccine donated by the Czech Republic when a flight from Istanbul touched down at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport at 5:49 p.m.
- Mongolia logs 2,414 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 29 Aug 2021 -- Mongolia recorded 2,414 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours, taking the national count to 208,871, the health ministry said Sunday.
- Sri Lanka receives 300,000 doses of Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine donated by China's PLA PLA Daily 29 Aug 2021 -- Sri Lanka's Defense authorities on Saturday received a batch of 300,000 doses of Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine, donated by the People's Liberation Army (PLA) of China.
- Australia Approves Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine for Children Over 12 VOA 29 Aug 2021 -- Australian drug regulators have approved the use of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 12 to 15.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|