14 August 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- New COVID cases in US soar 700% in July Press TV 14 Aug 2021 -- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has reported a nationwide surge in new COVID-19 cases.
- Central China county under probe for covering up local COVID-19 epidemic that leads to 4 new cases Global Times 14 Aug 2021 -- Amid the surge of the Delta variant in half of the 31 Chinese mainland provincial-level regions, Yucheng county in Central China's Henan Province is suspected of covering up the local epidemic situation which resulted in four new confirmed COVID-19 cases, and the Shangqiu city government is investigating the case.
- China updates COVID-19 guidelines for key areas, groups People's Daily 14 Aug 2021 -- China's National Health Commission on Friday issued an updated version of its guidelines on regular epidemic prevention for key areas, sites and population groups.
- Speed, efficiency highlighted in China's Delta variant containment measures People's Daily 14 Aug 2021 -- Speed and efficiency need to be improved to ensure the effective containment of the COVID-19 Delta variant, a health official said on Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 30 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 14 Aug 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported 30 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, including 18 in Jiangsu Province, four each in Henan and Hubei, three in Hunan, and one in Yunnan, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Saturday.
- Russia Reports Record Daily High For COVID-19 Deaths RFE/RL 14 Aug 2021 -- Russia reported a new daily high of 819 for COVID-19 deaths, a day after Moscow reported the highest number of monthly deaths in the city since the start of the pandemic.
- India Opens Up, But Threat of a Third COVID Wave Looms VOA 14 Aug 2021 -- Shoppers throng malls offering summer discounts in the Indian capital of New Delhi, tables at popular restaurants are nearly full, and the city's roads are choked with traffic as a holiday weekend begins.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage crosses the landmark of 53 Cr India PIB 14 Aug 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed the landmark of 53 Cr
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 14 Aug 2021 --
The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 211 India PIB 14 Aug 2021 -- In a significant achievement, India's Cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage has achieved54 crore (54,16,07,338) landmark milestone, as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 14 Aug 2021 --
- COVID-19 kills 466 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 14 Aug 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 97,208 with 466 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Raisi: Purchase of 30m covid vaccine doses secured IRNA 14 Aug 2021 -- President Ebrahim Raisi said that Iran has secured buying 30 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine, adding that the number of pharmacies offering COVID-19 related medicine has increased to avoid crowd.
- Iran announces strict anti-COVID measures as cases soar Press TV 14 Aug 2021 -- Iran has imposed a full five-day lockdown starting August 16 to control a major surge in number of coronavirus infections.
- 12 imported breakthrough COVID-19 infections reported since July CNA 14 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan has recorded 145 imported COVID-19 cases since early July, 12 of which involved people who had been fully vaccinated against the disease for at least two weeks, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- At least 600,000 doses of Medigen vaccine to be rolled out CNA 14 Aug 2021 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Saturday it will begin administering the locally developed Medigen COVID-19 vaccine in Taiwan on Aug. 23.
- Taiwan drafting rules to recognize overseas COVID vaccination records CNA 14 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan's government is drafting a protocol on the recognition of COVID-19 vaccination records from abroad, Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) said Saturday.
- Taiwan reports another day of single-digit domestic transmissions CNA 14 Aug 2021 -- Taiwan on Saturday saw another day with single-digit domestic COVID-19 cases, an indication the country is able to keep the disease under control, according to Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸).
- Epidemic Prevention Work Further Intensified in DPRK KCNA 14 Aug 2021 -- As the world health crisis worsens and wet weather lingers in the country, the emergency epidemic prevention units at all levels in the DPRK further intensify their work.
- Australia's NSW Announces Snap Lockdown VOA 14 Aug 2021 -- The Australian state of New South Wales announced a snap lockdown Saturday due to the coronavirus pandemic, with the seven-day, statewide lockdown to begin Saturday evening. Schools will close for at least a week.
- Australia on COVID-19 Alert as Sydney's Delta Crisis Intensifies VOA 14 Aug 2021 -- For the first time in Australia, a state government has said visitors from virus-hit parts of the country must be vaccinated to enter. The state of Western Australia has insisted the tough measures, imposed on travelers from New South Wales, are designed to curb the spread of the delta variant as a record number of infections were reported Saturday in Sydney.
- Thousands in Canada and France Protest Vaccine Passports VOA 14 Aug 2021 -- Thousands marched in Montreal and across France on Saturday to protest vaccine passports.
- Botswana Tightens COVID-19 Restrictions Amid Rising Death Toll VOA 14 Aug 2021 -- Botswana President Mokgweetsi Masisi, whose country has one of the world's highest COVID-19 infection rates per capita, has announced new COVID-19 restrictions, including extension of a nighttime curfew and postponement of the reopening of schools.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|