30 July 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Trump asked DOJ officials to declare 2020 election corrupt: Documents Press TV 30 Jul 2021 -- Former US Republican President Donald Trump pressured senior officials in the Department of Justice (DOJ) to declare the 2020 presidential election results corrupt, new documents have revealed.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Delta variant, a warning the COVID-19 virus is getting 'fitter and faster' UN News 30 Jul 2021 -- Cases and deaths resulting from COVID-19 continue to climb worldwide, mostly fuelled by the highly transmissible Delta variant, which has spread to 132 countries, said the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) on Friday.
- Conflict, COVID, climate crisis, likely to fuel acute food insecurity in 23 'hunger hotspots' UN News 30 Jul 2021 -- Life-saving aid to families on the brink of famine is being cut off in several countries by fighting and blockades, the UN's Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and World Food Programme (WFP) said in a new report issued on Friday.
- Millions in 23 Hunger Hot Spots Face Famine, Death, UN Agencies Say VOA 30 Jul 2021 -- The United Nations warns global hunger is increasing and urgent action is needed to stave off famine and death over coming months in nearly two dozen unstable, violence-prone countries.
- US govt. document warns officials 'the war has changed' as delta variant rages Press TV 30 Jul 2021 -- The delta variant of the coronavirus, which first emerged in India, has spread across the US and is causing more severe illness than earlier variants, according to an internal US government document.
- CDC Report: COVID Delta Variant Can Spread 'As Easily As Chickenpox' VOA 30 Jul 2021 -- According to reports in The Washington Post and The New York Times, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to make public Friday an internal federal health document about the delta variant of the coronavirus that can be spread "as easily as chickenpox" by vaccinated and unvaccinated people.
- Chinese producers test vaccines against Delta variant saying current vaccines are still effective Global Times 30 Jul 2021 -- Chinese vaccine producers are conducting tests against Delta variant on their products, companies officials told the Global Times on Thursday during the Business Dialogue on Vaccine Cooperation, hosted by the Chinese Foreign Ministry.
- Nanjing COVID-19 outbreak source detected: cleaning staff get infected in cabin of flight CA910 from Russia Global Times 30 Jul 2021 -- A flight from Russia was identified as the source of the latest round of the COVID-19 infections in Nanjing, East China's Jiangsu Province, the Nanjing health authority said on Friday. Airport cleaning staff members were infected when cleaning the cabin.
- Chinese megacity ramps up efforts to curb COVID-19 resurgence People's Daily 30 Jul 2021 -- Nanjing, capital of east China's Jiangsu Province, has been on high alert after witnessing over 100 novel coronavirus infections since July 20.
- China tightens management on int'l flight staff for COVID-19 People's Daily 30 Jul 2021 -- China's aviation authorities have asked its relevant departments to work with local governments to implement closed-loop management on flight staff who have direct contact with international passengers and cargo in efforts to intensify COVID-19 prevention and control.
- China's Jiangsu reports 20 new locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 30 Jul 2021 -- East China's Jiangsu Province reported 20 new locally transmitted confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, the provincial health commission said Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports 21 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 30 Jul 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 21 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, including 18 in Jiangsu, two in Hunan and one in Beijing, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Friday.
- Flight from Russia source of latest COVID-19 outbreak in east China city People's Daily 30 Jul 2021 -- The recent coronavirus outbreak in the eastern Chinese city of Nanjing originated from a flight from Russia, said Ding Jie, deputy director of the municipal center for disease control and prevention, on Friday.
- China's Nanjing reports 13 new locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 30 Jul 2021 -- Nanjing, capital of east China's Jiangsu Province, reported 13 new locally transmitted confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, one day after it launched a third round of citywide nucleic acid testing, local authorities said Friday.
- China's Nanjing reports 6 new locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 30 Jul 2021 -- Nanjing, capital of east China's Jiangsu Province, reported six new locally transmitted confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Friday, after it launched a third round of citywide nucleic acid testing on Wednesday, local authorities said Saturday.
- China provides over 700 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses to countries globally People's Daily 30 Jul 2021 -- China has done its best to provide over 700 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines to countries across the world, especially the developing nations, a foreign ministry spokesperson said Thursday.
- Central Chinese city closes tourist sites, cinemas after new infections emerge People's Daily 30 Jul 2021 -- The city of Zhuzhou in central China's Hunan Province has closed cinemas, entertainment venues and tourist sites after it reported new asymptomatic coronavirus infections.
- China's Nanjing launches 3rd citywide nucleic acid testing People's Daily 30 Jul 2021 -- Nanjing, a mega-city with a population of more than 9.3 million in eastern China, launched the third round of all-inclusive nucleic acid testing campaign on Wednesday, according to the municipal COVID-19 prevention and control headquarters.
- British Transportation Minister Defends Quarantining French Visitors VOA 30 Jul 2021 -- Britain's transportation minister Friday defended the country's decision to continue quarantine requirements on fully vaccinated French visitors, saying they do not want to take chances on thwarting their COVID-19 vaccination program.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 45.60 Cr India PIB 30 Jul 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverageexceeded 45.60 Cr yesterday
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 196 India PIB 30 Jul 2021 -- In a significant achievement, India's Cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage has achieved 46 crore (46,06,56,534) landmark milestone, as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 30 Jul 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 30 Jul 2021
- 2.27 lakh Pregnant Women receive COVID-19 Vaccines in less than a month India PIB 30 Jul 2021 -- In a significant development, over 2.27 lakh pregnant women have received first dose of COVID-19 vaccine under the ongoing National COVID Vaccination drive
- COVID-19 kills 270 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 30 Jul 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 90,344 with 270 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry said on Friday.
- 2nd shipment of Japanese COVID-19 vaccine arrives in Iran IRNA 30 Jul 2021 -- The second consignment of the Japanese COVID-19 vaccine named 'AstraZeneca' arrived in Iran on Friday morning.
- Iran receives 10th Russian Sputnik-V Vaccine cargo IRNA 30 Jul 2021 -- Iran has taken delivery of the tenth batch of the Russian COVID-19 vaccine "Sputnik-V" amid its nationwide combat against the epidemic.
- Taiwan reports 25 new COVID-19 cases, including a factory cluster CNA 30 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan on Friday reported 25 new cases of COVID-19 -- 21 transmitted domestically and four contracted overseas -- and zero deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Delta variant identified in seven more imported COVID-19 cases CNA 30 Jul 2021 -- The more infectious Delta variant of the coronavirus was recently identified in seven COVID-19 patients who entered Taiwan in July, a health official said Friday.
- Philippines receives more Sinovac vaccines from China People's Daily 30 Jul 2021 -- China delivered an additional batch of Sinovac CoronaVac vaccines to the Philippines on Friday.
- Syria receives 150,000 doses of Chinese COVID-19 vaccines People's Daily 30 Jul 2021 -- The Syrian Health Ministry on Thursday received a batch of Chinese COVID-19 vaccines provided by the Red Cross Society of China.
- Over 143,000 BiH citizens receive Chinese COVID-19 vaccines People's Daily 30 Jul 2021 -- More than 143,000 citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) have so far received at least one dose of either the Sinovac or Sinopharm vaccine produced by Chinese companies, the country's relevant health authorities have told Xinhua.
- Cambodia Closes Border Crossings as COVID-19 Crisis Strands Migrant Workers in Thailand Radio Free Asia 30 Jul 2021 -- Cambodian migrant workers in Thailand on Thursday blasted Prime Minister Hun Sen's government for ordering provinces near the Thai border to close down border crossings as a preventive measure against a third wave of the coronavirus that has hit the Southeast Asian nation hard.
- US Donating Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine to the Philippines VOA 30 Jul 2021 -- The United States is sending three million doses of Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine to the Philippines, the White House said Friday.
- Malawi Ready to Store, Distribute Incoming COVID-19 Vaccine: Official VOA 30 Jul 2021 -- aMalawi expects to receive more than 600,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine soon. In May, the country had to discard 20,000 doses due to a lack of demand. But officials say that when the new vaccine arrives, demand will be high and Malawi will be prepared.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|