22 July 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- New COVID-19 cases, deaths and spread of variants all on the rise: WHO People's Daily 22 Jul 2021 -- While previous months saw decreasing cases of COVID-19 worldwide, the trend has changed this month and last week saw a 12 percent increase in the number of cases, while deaths and spread of variants are also on the rise, the World Health Organization (WHO) reported Wednesday.
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 22 Jul 2021
- Biden admin. weighs pushing masks as COVID-19 delta variant cases rise Press TV 22 Jul 2021 -- The Biden administration is reportedly weighing whether to formally urge vaccinated Americans to once again mask up as the COVID-19 cases is rising across the United States and the highly contagious Delta variant is taking hold.
- China Rejects Second Probe Into Coronavirus Origin VOA 22 Jul 2021 -- China has rejected the World Health Organization's proposal for a second phase of its investigation into the origin of the novel coronavirus pandemic.
- Some people in US may have ulterior intentions on COVID-19 origins tracing: Chinese FM spokesperson Global Times 22 Jul 2021 -- Some people in the US may really have ulterior motives on the origins tracing of COVID-19, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said Thursday, urging the US to give a reasonable explanation for its suspicious attitudes and behaviors in terms of virus origins tracing.
- Chinese health official 'shocked' by WHO's proposal for phase 2 COVID-19 origins study, calling it 'arrogant and lacking respect for common sense' Global Times 22 Jul 2021 -- China's health commission deputy chief said he was shocked to read the World Health Organization ï¼ˆWHO'sï¼‰ proposal for the second phase study into the origins of COVID-19 in China, which he describes as arrogant and lacking respect for common sense.
- China calls for tracing COVID-19 origin in multiple countries, regions People's Daily 22 Jul 2021 -- China hopes that the World Health Organization will genuinely treat the COVID-19 origin-tracing work as a scientific issue, get rid of political interference, and actively and prudently promote the tracing work to be carried out continuously in multiple countries and regions around the globe, said a senior official of the National Health Commission (NHC) on Thursday.
- China Rejects 'Insulting' WHO Criteria for 2nd Phase of Covid Origins Probe, Will Not Follow Them Sputnik 22 Jul 2021 -- China regards the World Health Organization's (WHO) criteria for the second phase of the investigation into origins of the coronavirus as insulting and will not follow them, the National Health Commission said on Thursday.
- Over 1.49 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 22 Jul 2021 -- Over 1.49 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in China as of Wednesday, the National Health Commission announced Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports 12 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 22 Jul 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Wednesday reported 12 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, of which 11 were reported in Jiangsu and one in Yunnan, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Thursday.
- China's Nanjing launches citywide nucleic acid testing after airport COVID-19 infections People's Daily 22 Jul 2021 -- Nanjing, capital of east China's Jiangsu Province, launched an all-inclusive nucleic acid testing campaign Wednesday after 17 airport workers tested positive for COVID-19.
- South Chinese city launches mass testing after 1 case found related to Nanjing airport outbreak Global Times 22 Jul 2021 -- Zhongshan, in South China's Guangdong Province, announced that it would launch mass nucleic acid testing for COVID-19 and restrict transportation on Thursday after one positive case was found to be related to the recent small-scale outbreak at an international airport in Nanjing, East China's Jiangsu Province.
- 13 confirmed and 9 asymptomatic cases found in East China's Nanjing in latest COVID-19 outbreak Global Times 22 Jul 2021 -- Nanjing has found 13 confirmed cases in the whole city, among which seven were light cases and six were ordinary cases. Other nine asymptomatic cases were detected, as of 1 pm on Thursday.
- Over 600,000 Notified to Quarantine in British 'Pingdemic' VOA 22 Jul 2021 -- Over 600,000 users of the United Kingdom's National Health Service's (NHS) COVID-19 test and trace app were "pinged" alerts recommending self-isolation earlier this month.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 41.78 Cr India PIB 22 Jul 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 41.78 crores
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 188 India PIB 22 Jul 2021 -- India's cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage has surpassed 42 crore (42,28,26,035) landmark, as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 22 Jul 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 22 Jul 2021
- Iran to import 3.1m doses of COVID19 vaccines IRNA 22 Jul 2021 -- Assistant Foreign Minister and Director General of Asia-Pacific department Reza Zabib said Iran will import another 3.1 million doses of COVID19 vaccines in the next few days.
- COVID-19 kills 226 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 22 Jul 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 88,063 with 226 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Taiwan reports 33 new COVID-19 cases, 30 domestic cases in the north CNA 22 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan on Thursday reported 33 new COVID-19 cases -- 30 transmitted domestically and three contracted overseas -- and four deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan reports first death from COVID-19 Delta variant CNA 22 Jul 2021 -- A 72-year-old woman in Pingtung County died Wednesday of the COVID-19 Delta variant, the first fatality in Taiwan caused by the highly contagious virus strain, the county government said Thursday.
- Taiwan signs new deal to buy 36 million Moderna vaccines CNA 22 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan's government has signed a new contract to purchase 36 million doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, the Cabinet said Thursday.
- COVID-19 Patients Sheltering in Jungle Amid Clashes in Myanmar's Sagaing Region Radio Free Asia 22 Jul 2021 -- At least 30 people confirmed to be infected with COVID-19 are in hiding in the jungles of Myanmar's remote Sagaing region after fleeing fighting between troops loyal to the country's military regime and a branch of the People's Defense Force (PDF) militia, residents said Thursday.
- Myanmar junta accused of arresting doctors treating COVID-19 patients Press TV 22 Jul 2021 -- Myanmar's military junta has arrested several doctors treating COVID-19 patients independently as the health system struggles to cope with a record wave of infections amid ongoing turmoil across the southeast Asian country.
- Why COVID-19 Is Rising Around Asia This Year After a Mild 2020 VOA 22 Jul 2021 -- Asian countries are reporting record COVID-19 waves this year compared to 2020, as vaccination drives fall short and governments lose hope that mass closures and border controls can keep the coronavirus away, observers in the region say.
- COVID-19: Africa 'third wave' not yet over, while vaccine inequity threatens all UN News 22 Jul 2021 -- Although new COVID-19 cases in Africa have slowed following an eight-week surge, this "small step forward" could be short-lived, the Regional Office of the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Thursday.
- WHO Urges African Nations to Speed Up COVID-19 Vaccinations VOA 22 Jul 2021 -- The World Health Organization is urging African countries to ramp up preparations for COVID-19 vaccination rollouts in anticipation of the imminent arrival of millions of vaccine doses on the continent. WHO reports more than 6.2 million people have been infected with COVID-19 and more than 159,000 have died.
- Leaders from 30 countries inoculated with Chinese vaccines, showing doses' high reliability: FM Global Times 22 Jul 2021 -- More than 100 countries have approved the use of COVID-19 vaccines produced by Chinese firms, and leaders of 30 countries have been openly inoculated with them.
- Cambodia gets another boost following new arrival of COVID-19 vaccines from China People's Daily 22 Jul 2021 -- Cambodia on Thursday received a new batch of China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine, giving the kingdom another boost to its vaccination campaign, a health official said.
- Philippines receives more Sinovac vaccines from China People's Daily 22 Jul 2021 -- China delivered an additional batch of Sinovac CoronaVac vaccines to the Philippines on Thursday to support the Southeast Asian country's campaign against the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Several Of Tajik President's Relatives Said Hit By COVID-19 RFE/RL 22 Jul 2021 -- A sister of Tajik President Emomali Rahmon has died amid unconfirmed reports that many of the president's relatives have been hospitalized with coronavirus symptoms in recent weeks.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|