17 July 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- US Experiencing 'A Pandemic of the Unvaccinated' VOA 17 Jul 2021 -- The U.S. is experiencing a rise in COVID-19 cases and deaths. The highly transmissible delta variant of the coronavirus among unvaccinated people is largely responsible for the outbreak.
- China's top health authority rectify local mandatory vaccination orders, stressing voluntary principle Global Times 17 Jul 2021 -- China's top health commission said they have noticed the local regulations issued by some cities that ban residents who haven't received COVID-19 vaccine shots from entering some key public venues, stressing that the commission has stepped in and made further guidance.
- China provides over 500 mln doses of COVID-19 vaccines to developing countries: Xi People's Daily 17 Jul 2021 -- China has provided more than 500 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines to other developing countries, President Xi Jinping said Friday.
- Nearly 1.44 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 17 Jul 2021 -- Nearly 1.44 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in China as of Friday, the National Health Commission announced on Saturday.
- China's Yunnan reports 2 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 17 Jul 2021 -- Southwest China's Yunnan Province reported two new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 11 imported confirmed cases on Friday, the provincial health commission said Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports 2 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 17 Jul 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported two new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in Yunnan, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Saturday.
- Thousands March In Russian Religious Procession Despite Coronavirus Restrictions RFE/RL 17 Jul 2021 -- Several thousand Russian Orthodox believers participated in a religious procession in Yekaterinburg on the night of July 16-17 even though local authorities had denied permission to hold the event because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage nearly 40 Cr India PIB 17 Jul 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage is nearing the landmark of 40 crores
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 183 India PIB 17 Jul 2021 -- In a landmark achievement, India's cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage has surpassed 40 crore (40,44,67,526), as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 17 Jul 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 17 Jul 2021
- COVID-19 kills 175 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 17 Jul 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 86,966 with 175 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Rouhani: Over 7 million doses of vaccines injected so far IRNA 17 Jul 2021 -- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said that over seven million doses of COVID19 vaccine have so far been injected in Iran with another two million doses planned to be injected soon.
- More than 7 million doses of vaccine injected so far: President Rouhani ISNA 17 Jul 2021 -- "Unfortunately, the reports indicate an increase in the number of patients infected with the Indian mutated virus in some provinces in the country," President said, adding, "The main solution and the best way to protect the country and the people against this disease is to stay away from the virus".
- CECC to mull lowering Level 3 alert after fall in COVID-19 cases CNA 17 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan on Saturday reported eight new domestic cases of COVID-19, the lowest case number recorded in a single day since a nationwide Level 3 alert was declared in mid-May, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan's first-dose vaccination rate at 20% CNA 17 Jul 2021 -- One in five people in Taiwan have now received at least one COVID-19 vaccine shot after the number of doses administered in one day hit a new high of 280,006 on Friday, Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (ι³ζδΈ) said at a press conference Saturday.
- Taiwan may allow mixing vaccines within three months CNA 17 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan may allow people to get one dose each of the AstraZeneca and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines in the coming months if studies show such an approach works, Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (ι³ζδΈ) said Saturday.
- Taipei sets new quarantine rule for contacts of COVID-19 patients CNA 17 Jul 2021 -- Taipei residents listed as contacts of people confirmed as having COVID-19 are now required to isolate themselves for 14 days at designated quarantine hotels, Taipei Mayor Ko Wen-che (ζ―ζε²) announced at a press briefing Saturday.
- KMT willing to help with COVID-19 vaccine procurement: KMT chairman CNA 17 Jul 2021 -- The main opposition Kuomintang (KMT) is more than willing to help procure more COVID-19 vaccines for Taiwan, even if it means having to discuss the issue with President Tsai Ing-wen (θ‘θ±ζ), KMT Chairman Johnny Chiang (ζ±εθ£) said Saturday.
- Philippines receives more Sinovac vaccines from China People's Daily 17 Jul 2021 -- China delivered an additional batch of Sinovac CoronaVac vaccines to the Philippines on Saturday morning to support the Southeast Asian country's campaign against the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ecuador speeds up vaccination against COVID-19 with Chinese Sinovac vaccine People's Daily 17 Jul 2021 -- "The vaccine offers hope," Maria Utreras, a housewife aged 63 from Ecuador, said when waiting outside a vaccination center to get the second dose of China's Sinovac vaccine againt COVID-19.
- Sydney, Vietnam Impose Tighter COVID-19 Lockdowns VOA 17 Jul 2021 -- More stringent COVID-19 containment measures were being imposed in Sydney, Australia, starting Saturday, as cases of infections continued to rise in the third week of a citywide lockdown.
- Malawi Adds More COVID-19 Vaccines in Attempt to Stem Surge VOA 17 Jul 2021 -- The Malawi government has announced it will start inoculating its citizens with several COVID-19 vaccines in an effort to protect more of its population amid growing coronavirus infections. Health Minister Khumbize Kandodo Chiponda says the extra vaccine is necessary to fill a gap.
- Tougher COVID-19 Lockdown Measures Imposed on Australia's Biggest City VOA 17 Jul 2021 -- Australia's biggest city, Sydney, has ordered a shutdown of building sites and most shops, and is banning workers from leaving several Covid-19 hotspots. The city of 5 million people has been under lockdown since June 26 as authorities race to contain the spread of the delta variant. The state of Victoria is also in lockdown.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|