15 July 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- 'Deeply negative impact' of COVID pandemic, reverses SDG progress UN News 15 Jul 2021 -- Closing a key international development forum on Thursday, the deputy UN chief observed that a year of "immense challenges" has reversed progress on meeting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jen Psaki and Surgeon General Dr. Vivek H. Murthy, July 15, 2021 The White House 15 Jul 2021
- China to provide vaccines, anti-epidemic supplies to help Indonesia fight virus resurgence Global Times 15 Jul 2021 -- China will provide Indonesia with COVID-19 vaccines and oxygen concentrators to help the country overcome its worsening coronavirus spike, and is willing to work with Indonesia to deepen vaccine research and development cooperation, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports 5 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 15 Jul 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Wednesday reported five new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in Yunnan, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Thursday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage crosses the landmark of 39 Cr India PIB 15 Jul 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed the landmark of 39 crores
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 181 India PIB 15 Jul 2021 -- India's cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage surpassed 39.49 crore (394978565), as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 15 Jul 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 15 Jul 2021
- Union Health Ministry reviews preparations under "India COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health Systems Preparedness Package: Phase II" with States/UTs India PIB 15 Jul 2021 -- Union Health Ministry reviewed preparations under the recently approved, Rs
- COVID-19 kills 201 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 15 Jul 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 86,592 with 201 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Domestic COVID-19 cases drop to 14, lowest in 2 months CNA 15 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan on Thursday reported 18 new cases of COVID-19, including 14 domestic infections and four imported ones, as well as six deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan receives three COVID-19 vaccine shipments CNA 15 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan on Thursday took delivery of 560,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine and 350,000 doses of the Moderna vaccine bought from the two manufacturers, as well as 970,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine donated by Japan.
- Taiwan receives three COVID-19 vaccine shipments CNA 15 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan has donated 200 oxygen concentrators for the treatment of severe COVID-19 cases to Indonesia, where daily cases since July have surged to over 20,000, Taiwan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) said in a statement on Wednesday.
- CECC plans to administer over 3 million AstraZeneca doses next 3 weeks CNA 15 Jul 2021 -- The 3.2 million people who have indicated their willingness to receive the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine will likely be able to receive their first dose in the next three weeks, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Thursday.
- Taiwan reports 18 new COVID-19 cases, six deaths CNA 15 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan on Thursday reported 18 new cases of COVID-19, all but four of which were domestic infections, as well as six deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Brazil approves phase-3 clinical trials of China-developed third vaccine Global Times 15 Jul 2021 -- Brazil's health authority has approved phase-III clinical trials for an inactivated vaccine developed by China, the third time a Chinese vaccine has been approved for such clinical trials in the country, following two others that were approved in April and July 2020.
- Vietnam's COVID-19 Deaths Climb to 207 Amid Errors in Reporting Radio Free Asia 15 Jul 2021 -- COVID-19 deaths in Vietnam now total 207 dating from the beginning of the pandemic last year, with 140 of these recorded in southern Ho Chi Minh City alone, according to state media sources.
- Malaysia to Stop Using Sinovac Vaccine, Will Switch to Pfizer Radio Free Asia 15 Jul 2021 -- Malaysia will stop using China's Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine, the health minister said Thursday without specifying why, days after Thailand and Indonesia announced that many of their citizens would get a non-Sinovac booster jab if they had received the Chinese shot.
- Sharp rise in Africa COVID-19 deaths, WHO reports UN News 15 Jul 2021 -- COVID-19 deaths in Africa have risen sharply in recent weeks, amid the fastest surge in cases the continent has seen so far in the pandemic, the regional office for the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Thursday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|