13 July 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- CISA Issues Emergency Directive Requiring Federal Agencies to Mitigate Windows Print Spooler Service Vulnerability CISA 13 Jul 2021 -- The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) issued Emergency Directive (ED) 21-04 today to mitigate a Microsoft Windows print spooler service vulnerability CVE-2021-34527
- Iranian Hackers Pose as UK Scholars to Target Experts VOA 13 Jul 2021 -- A notorious group of hackers tied to Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps has waged a covert campaign targeting university professors and other experts based in the U.K. and the U.S. in an attempt to steal their sensitive information, according to research by the cybersecurity firm Proofpoint.
- Report highlights threat of ransomware attacks on government agencies CNA 13 Jul 2021 -- An annual report by the Cabinet has found that the number of information security incidents involving Taiwan government agencies decreased last year, but warned that the widespread threat of ransomware attacks requires additional response measures to limit their duration and severity.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 13 July 2021
- COVID-19 Delta variant spreading worldwide "at scorching pace": WHO chief People's Daily 13 Jul 2021 -- Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director-general of the World Health Organization (WHO), on Monday warned of the "devastating outbreaks" caused by the Delta variant of COVID-19, saying that the new strain of the virus was infecting people "at a scorching pace."
- Countries urged to reopen classrooms, assess pandemic-related learning loss UN News 13 Jul 2021 -- Around one in three countries are not yet implementing remedial programmes to help students catch up on their learning, in the wake of school closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic, two UN agencies and partners said in a report issued on Tuesday.
- Air Force update for COVID-19 US Air Force 13 Jul 2021
- US Issues New Warning for Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine VOA 13 Jul 2021 -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is adding a new warning to Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine because of a link to a rare neurological condition.
- China to vaccinate 91% of minors aged from 12 to 17: insider Global Times 13 Jul 2021 -- South China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region and the city of Jingzhou in Central China's Hubei Province announced on Tuesday that they will begin to vaccinate minors aged from 12 to 17 and have formulated specific schedules for the vaccination plan. This comes one month after China approved the emergency use of COVID-19 vaccines among groups aged from 3 to 17 in June.
- Providing 500 mln vaccine doses to world, China aims to enhance int'l cooperation against COVID-19 People's Daily 13 Jul 2021 -- Chinese vaccines are gathering steam across the world, injecting strong impetus into the global fight against COVID-19 as deaths from the virus topped 4 million worldwide and variants spread to more than 100 countries.
- Chinese COVID-19 vaccines proved safe and effective across world People's Daily 13 Jul 2021 -- Two Chinese pharmaceutical companies will provide 110 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines immediately to participants of the COVAX project, announced the global Vaccine Alliance Gavi on Monday.
- Chinese mainland reports 2 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 13 Jul 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Monday reported two new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in Jiangsu and Yunnan respectively, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Tuesday.
- Over 1.39 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 13 Jul 2021 -- More than 1.39 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China as of Monday, the National Health Commission announced on Tuesday.
- UK gov't confirms lifting of most COVID restrictions next week despite surging cases People's Daily 13 Jul 2021 -- The British government confirmed Monday that most COVID-19 restrictions in England will end next week despite surging cases caused by the Delta variant first identified in India.
- German Chancellor Says More People Must Get Vaccinated to Lift Restrictions VOA 13 Jul 2021 -- German Chancellor Angela Merkel Tuesday urged all German residents to get vaccinated if they want to enjoy more freedom.
- Serbia to become first country in Europe to produce China-developed COVID-19 vaccine Global Times 13 Jul 2021 -- Serbia will become the first country in Europe to produce China-developed inactivated COVID-19 vaccines as the country has reached an agreement with Sinopharm, the Chinese company announced Tuesday.
- COVID-19 Deaths In Russia Hit Another Daily Record Amid Surge In Cases RFE/RL 13 Jul 2021 -- Russia says 780 people died from coronavirus-related causes over the past 24 hours, the highest number of fatalities confirmed in a single day since the beginning of the pandemic.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 179 India PIB 13 Jul 2021 -- India's cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage exceeded 38.50 crore (38,50,19,469), as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 13 Jul 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 13 Jul 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 kills 166 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 13 Jul 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 86,207 with 166 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Taiwan reports 28 domestic COVID-19 cases in 4 cities, 1 county CNA 13 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan on Tuesday reported 29 new cases of COVID-19, including 28 domestic cases identified in northern and central Taiwan, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- COVID-19 vaccine platform open for all adults CNA 13 Jul 2021 -- All Taiwanese nationals and residents born in or before 2003 can now use the nationwide COVID-19 vaccine appointment system to choose the brand of vaccine they wish to take and where they want to take it, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said on Tuesday.
- End-of-quarantine tests help keep virus from spreading: CECC CNA 13 Jul 2021 -- The policy of giving people in quarantine a COVID-19 test at the end of their isolation period has helped contain the spread of the virus, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Tuesday.
- Japan to donate more COVID-19 vaccines to Taiwan this week CNA 13 Jul 2021 -- Japan will make a third COVID-19 vaccine donation to Taiwan of 1 million AstraZeneca doses on July 15, Japanese Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi said on Tuesday.
- China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine approved for marketing in Tunisia People's Daily 13 Jul 2021 -- Tunisian Ministry of Health announced on Monday that China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine has been officially approved for marketing in Tunisia.
- Lao Workers Return From Thailand, Bringing COVID-19 With Them Radio Free Asia 13 Jul 2021 -- Lao migrant workers are coming home in large numbers from Thailand but are bringing COVID-19 with them, driving up new infections in Laos, which has recently seen a drop in the number of domestic cases, Lao sources say.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|