11 July 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Fauci Deplores US Political Divide on Coronavirus Vaccinations VOA 11 Jul 2021 -- The top U.S. infectious disease expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, on Sunday deplored the political split in the country about getting vaccinated against the coronavirus.
- Over 1.37 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 11 Jul 2021 -- More than 1.37 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China as of Saturday, the National Health Commission announced on Sunday.
- China's Yunnan reports 12 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 11 Jul 2021 -- China's Yunnan Province reported 12 new locally transmitted COVID-19 confirmed cases, all in the city of Ruili, on Saturday, the provincial health commission said Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports 12 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 11 Jul 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported 24 new COVID-19 cases, of which 12 were imported and the rest were locally transmitted, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Sunday.
- India's COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 37.60 Cr India PIB 11 Jul 2021 -- India's cumulative vaccination coverage exceeded 37.60 crore
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 11 Jul 2021
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 11 Jul 2021
- COVID-19 kills 165 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 11 Jul 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 85,859 with 165 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- UN: COVID-19 will push 47m. women and girls into extreme poverty IRNA 11 Jul 2021 -- United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres in his message on World Population Day, 11 July 2021, said that COVID-19 will push 47 million women and girls into extreme poverty.
- Taiwan reports 31 new COVID-19 cases, 'relatively low' number CNA 11 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan on Sunday reported 31 new cases of COVID-19, all but three of which were domestic infections, as well as four deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan's COVID-19 vaccination rate edges past 14% CNA 11 Jul 2021 -- The COVID-19 vaccination rate in Taiwan has now reached just over 14 percent, with 3.482 million people having received at least one shot, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Sunday.
- Moldova Set To Receive 500,000 Doses Of J&J Vaccine From U.S. RFE/RL 11 Jul 2021 -- Moldova is set to receive half a million doses of the Johnson & Johnson (J&J) coronavirus vaccine from the United States.
- Malawi's Survey Confirms AstraZeneca Vaccine Efficacy VOA 11 Jul 2021 -- In Malawi, a survey by the Ministry of Health to help ascertain the efficacy of AstraZeneca vaccine has shown its effectiveness in fighting the coronavirus. The survey was based on current hospital admissions of COVID-19 patients across the country.
- Myanmar Struggles to Contain COVID Outbreak VOA 11 Jul 2021 -- Myanmar is experiencing a surge in COVID-19 cases prompting a shortage of oxygen supplies that COVID-19 patients desperately need, officials say.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|