07 July 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Biden Says He'll 'Deliver' Message To Russia After Security Meeting On Ransomware Attacks RFE/RL 07 Jul 2021 -- President Joe Biden gathered with top U.S. officials at the White House on July 7 to discuss strategy to counter increasingly disruptive ransomware attacks by suspected Russia-based hackers.
- Letter to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President of the Senate on the Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Transnational Criminal Organizations The White House 07 Jul 2021
- Notice on the Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Transnational Criminal Organizations The White House 07 Jul 2021
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- COVID death toll passes 4 million: Global Vaccine Plan essential, declares Guterres UN News 07 Jul 2021 -- The global death toll due to COVID-19 officially passed four million late on Wednesday, marking yet another "grim milestone" and underlining the urgent need for the world to put a Global Vaccine Plan in place to get the pandemic under control, said the UN chief in a statement.
- COVID variants 'winning the race against vaccines' warns WHO chief UN News 07 Jul 2021 -- Variants like Delta are "currently winning the race against vaccines" said the World Health Organization (WHO) chief, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus on Wednesday, pinning the blame squarely on a lack of equitable vaccine production and distribution.
- WHO Chief Says World at Perilous Point in COVID-19 Pandemic VOA 07 Jul 2021 -- World Health Organization chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told reporters Wednesday that the world was at a perilous point in the COVID-19 pandemic, as fast-moving variants continued to spread because of an uneven global vaccination effort.
- COVID-19 infections surge as Delta variant spreads rapidly in U.S. People's Daily 07 Jul 2021 -- Some states in the United States are witnessing spikes in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations as the highly contagious Delta variant is spreading rapidly in the country.
- Pentagon Reservation Transitions to Health Protection Condition Alpha DoD 07 Jul 2021 -- The Pentagon Reservation will reduce its Health Protection Condition, from Bravo to HPCON Alpha, effective 5 a.m. EDT Friday, July 9.
- DOD Awards $35.1 Million Contract to LightDeck Diagnostics to Increase Production Capacity of COVID-19 Point-of-Care Tests DoD 07 Jul 2021 -- On July 6, 2021, the Department of Defense (DOD), on behalf of and in coordination with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), awarded a $35.1 million contract to LightDeck Diagnostics to increase the production capacity of LightDeck's SARS-CoV-2 Ultra-Rapid Antigen and COVID-19 Total Antibody Tests.
- Only purpose for US' manipulation of COVID-19 origins is to shift its response failure to China: Chinese FM Global Times 07 Jul 2021 -- The only purpose for the political manipulation of COVID-19 origins by some people in the US is to shift the blame of their failure in COVID-19 response to China, but this will only end in another failure, Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday.
- China's Yunnan reports 15 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Jul 2021 -- Southwest China's Yunnan Province reported 15 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and two locally transmitted asymptomatic cases on Tuesday, the provincial health commission said on Wednesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 15 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Jul 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Tuesday reported 15 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in Yunnan Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Wednesday.
- India's COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage crosses landmark milestone of 36 Cr India PIB 07 Jul 2021 -- In a landmark achievement, India's cumulative vaccination coverage surpassed 36 crores yesterday
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 173 India PIB 07 Jul 2021 -- India's cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage exceeded 36.45 crore (36,45,69,414), as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 07 Jul 2021
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 07 Jul 2021
- COVID-19 kills 166 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 07 Jul 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 85,261 with 166 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.
- COVID-19 Case Surge Forces Olympic Torch Relay Off Tokyo's Public Streets VOA 07 Jul 2021 -- Tokyo's metropolitan government announced Wednesday that it will move the iconic Olympic torch relay off the city's public roads due to rising numbers of new COVID-19 cases in the Japanese capital.
- Taiwan reports 40 new COVID-19 cases, sees flat trend CNA 07 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan on Wednesday reported 39 new domestic cases and one imported case of COVID-19 as the outbreak continues to follow a stable trend, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan receives another batch of 626,000 AZ vaccine doses CNA 07 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan on Wednesday took delivery of another shipment of AstraZeneca (AZ) brand vaccine it bought from the British pharmaceutical company, this time containing 626,000 doses.
- Taoyuan military hospital cluster grows to 45 cases CNA 07 Jul 2021 -- Taoyuan recorded 11 domestic COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, five of which are considered part of a cluster infection linked to Taoyuan Armed Forces General Hospital, increasing the number of cases connected to the cluster to 45, the city government announced that day.
- Taiwan's new batch of Moderna vaccines ready for distribution: FDA CNA 07 Jul 2021 -- Some 410,000 doses of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine that Taiwan received recently from the American manufacturer have been inspected and are ready for distribution, Taiwan's Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said Wednesday.
- COVID-19 Deaths Hit Another Daily Record In Russia; Romania Closes 117 Vaccination Centers RFE/RL 07 Jul 2021 -- Coronavirus deaths in Russia have hit another daily record as many countries are reporting surges in infections caused by the delta variant, prompting additional restrictions or longer lockdowns.
- Sydney to Remain in Coronavirus Lockdown for a Third Week VOA 07 Jul 2021 -- Officials in Australia's New South Wales state have ordered a week-long extension of Sydney's strict coronavirus lockdown as the city of five million residents struggles to contain an growing outbreak of the delta variant of COVID-19.
- Zimbabwe Reverts to 2020 Lockdown as COVID-19 Cases Rise VOA 07 Jul 2021 -- Rights groups in Zimbabwe are expressing concern about vulnerable groups after authorities imposed a new, strict lockdown to curb a spike in coronavirus infections. The restrictions come as Zimbabwe's number of confirmed infections has more than doubled in the past week.
- China to send fifth batch of COVID-19 vaccines to El Salvador People's Daily 07 Jul 2021 -- China will supply El Salvador with the fifth batch of vaccines developed by Chinese laboratory Sinovac against COVID-19, the Chinese embassy in San Salvador has said.
- New arrival of Chinese COVID-19 vaccine boosts Cambodia's vaccination drive People's Daily 07 Jul 2021 -- Cambodia's COVID-19 vaccination drive has got another boost after the Southeast Asian nation received a new batch of COVID-19 vaccine from China on Tuesday, a health official said.
- Inmates Riot After COVID-19 Spreads in Vietnamese Prison Radio Free Asia 07 Jul 2021 -- Inmates angered by the spread of COVID-19 at a detention center in Vietnam's largest city started a disturbance during a medical examination this week, drawing attention to the healthcare situation in the country's prisons, state media reported.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|