06 July 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Statement by President Joe Biden on the Six-Month Anniversary of the January 6th Insurrection on the Capitol The White House 06 Jul 2021
- U.S., Russian Officials To Meet On Cybersecurity Amid Latest Massive Hack RFE/RL 06 Jul 2021 -- U.S. officials will host a meeting with their Russian counterparts next week to discuss cybersecurity issues after another massive attack by criminals believed to be based in Russia.
- Full Impact Of Ransomware Attack Hard To Estimate, CEO Of Software Company Targeted Says RFE/RL 06 Jul 2021 -- More details have emerged about a ransomware attack linked to suspected Russian criminals who targeted a U.S. software company with tens of thousands of customers around the world.
- Uniformed Services Provide Disaster Response When Hurricanes Strike DoD News 06 Jul 2021 -- The Defense Department and other uniformed services provide hurricane protection for the homeland by monitoring, tracking and forecasting hurricanes. If and when a hurricane impacts a region, uniformed services personnel participate in search and rescue activities and, later, with recovery and hurricane mitigation efforts.
- Thriving Synthetic-Drug Trade Threatens Governance in SE Asia Radio Free Asia 06 Jul 2021 -- The U.N. Office of Drugs and Crime could not have stated it more clearly in a report released last month: Production of synthetic drugs is surging in Southeast Asia.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 6 July 2021
- Sustainable development report shows devastating impact of COVID, ahead of 'critical' new phase UN News 06 Jul 2021 -- The world was not on track to meet the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) before COVID-19 struck, and now the challenge has been magnified many times over, according to a new flagship UN report that indicates countries must take 'critical' steps on the road out of the pandemic, during the next 18 months.
- Equitable distribution of vaccines, equipment only way out of pandemic: WHO chief UN News 06 Jul 2021 -- Equitable distribution of equipment and medicines to fight COVID-19 is the only way out of the global crisis, the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday, in remarks to a meeting of the advisory group making the case for investing in these tools.
- Air Force update for COVID-19 US Air Force 06 Jul 2021
- Remarks by President Biden on the COVID-19 Response and the Vaccination Program The White House 06 Jul 2021
- Biden Warns Unvaccinated Are Putting Communities at Risk VOA 06 Jul 2021 -- As 10 U.S. states see a spike in coronavirus cases, President Joe Biden warned on Tuesday that "millions of Americans are still unvaccinated and unprotected and, because of that, their communities are at risk."
- US Puts Eight More Nations on 'Do Not Travel' List Over COVID-19, State Dept Says Sputnik 06 Jul 2021 -- The Biden administration has added eight additional nations that it advises US citizens not to travel to because of concerns about the continuing spread of the coronavirus there, the State Department announced on Tuesday.
- US Mobilizing 'COVID-19 Surge Response Teams' Amid Rising Cases Among Unvaccinated, Biden Says Sputnik 06 Jul 2021 -- The US will be mobilizing so-called "COVID-19 Surge Response Teams" to address surges in cases and its new Delta variant in areas of the country with lower vaccination rates, President Joe Biden said on Tuesday.
- China's Yunnan adds one COVID-19 medium-risk area People's Daily 06 Jul 2021 -- One residential community in Ruili City, southwest China's Yunnan Province, has been classified as a COVID-19 medium-risk area following the recent resurgence in infections, according to local authorities.
- Over 1.31 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 06 Jul 2021 -- More than 1.31 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China as of Monday, the National Health Commission announced on Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 3 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 06 Jul 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Monday reported three new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in Yunnan Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Tuesday.
- Germany to Lower Travel Restrictions on 5 European Neighbors VOA 06 Jul 2021 -- Germany announced Tuesday it is lowering travel restrictions on Britain and four other European nations imposed due to the appearance of the more contagious delta variant of COVID-19.
- Britain's Gamble: 'Freedom Day' Announced Amid Rising COVID Cases VOA 06 Jul 2021 -- Britain is about to try something that no other nation has yet dared: lifting coronavirus restrictions amid a new wave of infections.
- Most COVID restrictions set to end in England on July 19, says PM People's Daily 06 Jul 2021 -- Most coronavirus restrictions are set to end on July 19 as part of the final step of England's roadmap out of the lockdown, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson confirmed Monday.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 172 India PIB 06 Jul 2021 -- India's cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage crossed the landmark of 36 crore (36,09,56,621), as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 06 Jul 2021 -- India's cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage exceeded 35.75 crore (35,75,53,612), as per the provisional report till 7 am
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 06 Jul 2021
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 06 Jul 2021
- Pakistan Closes Key Border Crossing With Afghanistan, Citing COVID-19 Concerns RFE/RL Gandhara 06 Jul 2021 -- Pakistan has closed a key border crossing with Afghanistan, without giving a time frame for its reopening.
- COVID-19 kills 146 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 06 Jul 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 85,095 with 146 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Japan Considers Plan to Limit Spectators at Olympics Opening Ceremony VOA 06 Jul 2021 -- The number of spectators at the opening ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics will be limited to a handful of VIP, or Very Important Persons dignitaries, and Olympic officials due to concerns over the rising number of new COVID-19 cases in the capital, according to a Japanese newspaper.
- Taiwan reports 29 new COVID-19 cases, 1 more in Delta cluster CNA 06 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan on Tuesday reported 29 new cases of COVID-19, including one new infection in a cluster caused by the Delta variant of the virus in Pingtung County, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Japan to donate another 1.13 million COVID vaccines to Taiwan CNA 06 Jul 2021 -- Japan will make a second COVID-19 vaccine donation to Taiwan of 1.13 million AstraZeneca shots on July 8, Japanese Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi said Tuesday.
- Taiwan mulling wider vaccination when new AstraZenca shipments arrive CNA 06 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Tuesday it hopes to expand its COVID-19 vaccination program after a total 1.75 million AstraZeneca doses arrive in two shipments this week.
- Nearly 500 people die from COVID-19 in Northwestern Myanmar Radio Free Asia 06 Jul 2021 -- Nearly 500 people in northwest Myanmar's strife-torn Kalay township are believed to have died of COVID-19 over the past 30 days, as the country struggles with a third wave of the coronavirus.
- Russia, Bangladesh Report One-Day COVID-19 Records VOA 06 Jul 2021 -- As many countries ease pandemic restrictions amid rising vaccination rates, Bangladesh and Russia both broke one-day COVID-19 records.
- Cambodia Orders 3,000 Coffins from Thailand as COVID-19 Death Toll Rises Radio Free Asia 06 Jul 2021 -- Cambodia's government has bought 3,000 coffins made in Thailand to prepare for COVID-19 deaths, a move that has angered residents who say Prime Minister Hun Sen should be more concerned with spending resources to help the living, sources in the country told RFA.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|