04 July 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- U.S. Company Searches For Answers After Suspected Russian-Based Ransomware Attack RFE/RL 04 Jul 2021 -- A U.S. IT provider that was been hit by a major ransomware attack on the eve of a long holiday weekend in the United States is scrambling to help its customers get their systems running again while it works with the U.S. government to determine the extent of the attack.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Lambda COVID-19 Strain May be Resistant to Vaccines, Reports Suggest Sputnik 04 Jul 2021 -- The Lambda strain, first found in Peru, is worrying experts in Latin America and perplexing scientists with its unusual mutations.
- Coronavirus Variants, Vaccination Rate Challenges Loom as US Hits 'Summer of Joy' VOA 04 Jul 2021 -- The COVID-19 narrative in the United States a year ago was one of hospitalizations, shifting state-by-state regulations, and hoping and waiting for vaccines to emerge, as the country was on the upswing of a second surge of infections.
- Guangzhou reopens entertainment venues after stifling COVID-19 resurgence Global Times 04 Jul 2021 -- Guangzhou of South China's Guangdong Province plans to open up entertainment venues including cinemas, theaters and KTVs after a local COVID-19 outbreak was brought under control, though strict quarantine measures will remain in place.
- Macao reports imported COVID-19 case People's Daily 04 Jul 2021 -- China's Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) reported one new imported COVID-19 case on Saturday, bringing the SAR's total number of confirmed cases to 55, according to the Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Center of Macao.
- Over 1.28 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 04 Jul 2021 -- More than 1.28 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China by Friday, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports 14 new COVID-19 cases, all imported People's Daily 04 Jul 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported 14 imported COVID-19 cases but no new locally transmitted cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Sunday.
- UK reports another 24,885 coronavirus cases People's Daily 04 Jul 2021 -- Britain has reported another 24,885 coronavirus cases in the latest 24-hour period, bringing the total number of coronavirus cases in the country to 4,879,616, according to official figures released Saturday.
- Russia Records Highest Number Of Daily Coronavirus Cases Since Early January RFE/RL 04 Jul 2021 -- Russia on July 4 announced 25,142 new Covid-19 infections, the highest figure since early January as the country battles the surging Delta variant of the virus.
- Russia Reports Fifth Straight Day Of Record COVID Deaths RFE/RL 04 Jul 2021 -- Russia reported a fifth straight day of record deaths from COVID-19, as authorities struggle to cope with a new wave of cases that's been exacerbated by low vaccination rates.
- India's COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage crosses 35 Cr mark India PIB 04 Jul 2021 -- India's cumulative vaccination coverage crossed the landmark of 35 crore yesterday
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 04 Jul 2021
- Pakistan confirms 1,228 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 04 Jul 2021 -- Pakistan on Saturday reported 1,228 new COVID-19 cases and 29 deaths, the National Command and Operation Center (NCOC) said on Sunday.
- Iran Reimposes COVID Restrictions As Delta Variant Spreads RFE/RL 04 Jul 2021 -- Iran has announced it is reimposing coronavirus restrictions on major cities, as the spread of the highly contagious delta variant spurs fears of another surge in the country.
- COVID-19 kills 165 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 04 Jul 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 84,792 with 165 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- Taiwan reports 39 new COVID-19 cases, pushing total case numbers past 15,000 CNA 04 Jul 2021 -- Taiwan reported 39 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday, the lowest number recorded since May 14, pushing the total number of cases reported in the country past 15,000, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taoyuan reports 3 local COVID-19 cases, 2 linked to hospital cluster CNA 04 Jul 2021 -- Taoyuan on Sunday reported three new domestic COVID-19 cases, including two linked to a cluster at Taoyuan Armed Forces General Hospital in northern Taiwan.
- CECC reiterates need for strict disease controls in markets CNA 04 Jul 2021 -- Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) head Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) on Sunday once again reiterated the importance of following COVID-19 control measures currently in place at local markets, in the wake of a recent increase in foot traffic increasing the risk of disease transmission.
- Brunei reports imported COVID-19 case People's Daily 04 Jul 2021 -- Brunei reported an imported COVID-19 case on Saturday, bringing the national tally to 262.
- Philippines logs 5,966 new COVID-19 cases, total rises to 1,436,369 People's Daily 04 Jul 2021 -- The Philippines' Department of Health (DOH) reported on Sunday 5,966 new COVID-19 infections, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the Southeast Asian country to 1,436,369.
- Lockdown extended in Laos to curb COVID-19 People's Daily 04 Jul 2021 -- The Lao government has decided to extend the ongoing COVID-19 lockdown for another 15 days, effective from July 5-19 with certain relaxations.
- Aussie state sees "green shoot" despite another new high in daily cases People's Daily 04 Jul 2021 -- Australia's most populous state of New South Wales (NSW) saw another new high in daily increase of COVID-19 cases on Saturday, but the state authorities said "green shoots are there" in the latest outbreak.
- Malaysia reports 6,658 new COVID-19 cases, 107 more deaths People's Daily 04 Jul 2021 -- Malaysia reported another 6,658 new COVID-19 infections, bringing the national total to 772,607, the Health Ministry said on Saturday.
- Tajik COVID Task Force Orders Everyone Over 18 To Get Vaccinated RFE/RL 04 Jul 2021 -- Tajikistan's coronavirus task force has ordered all citizens over the age of 18 to get vaccinated against COVID-19, the Central Asian country's state media reported on July 3.
- Indonesian Hospital Loses 63 COVID Patients in Oxygen Shortage VOA 04 Jul 2021 -- Dozens of COVID-19 patients died in Indonesia over the weekend when a hospital in Yogyakarta ran out of oxygen.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|