19 June 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Two Guantanamo detainees from Yemen win release Press TV 19 Jun 2021 -- Two inmates held for over 17 years without charges at notorious US military prison in Guantanamo Bay have won their release, according to newly published Pentagon filings on their cases.
- Poles Blame Kremlin For 'Unprecedented' Cyberattack On Senior Officials RFE/RL 19 Jun 2021 -- Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki has said that Poland's security services were scrambling to "secure the many inboxes" of ranking politicians victimized by an "external hack cooked up at the Kremlin."
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Refugees disproportionately exposed to COVID impact: Guterres UN News 19 Jun 2021 -- Everyone has a duty to help refugees rebuild their lives after a particularly difficult year for so many â€“ that's the message from UN Secretary-General AntÃ³nio Guterres, to mark World Refugee Day on 20 June.
- Johns Hopkins: 177.8 Million Global COVID Infections VOA 19 Jun 2021 -- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center has reported 177.8 million global COVID-19 cases and 3.8 million deaths. The U.S. remains the country with the most infections at 33.5 million, followed closely by India with 29.8 million.
- CDC: Deadly Delta COVID variant may become dominant strain in US Press TV 19 Jun 2021 -- The deadly Delta coronavirus variant will "probably" become the dominant strain in the United States in the coming months, according to the director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Six new local COVID-19 cases reported in South China's Guangdong; patients travel history covering local kindergarten, airport Global Times 19 Jun 2021 -- China registered six new locally confirmed COVID-19 cases on Friday, all from South China's Guangdong Province. Two were found in the provincial capital city of Guangzhou, two in Shenzhen, one in Dongguan, and one in Foshan.
- Over 990 mln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 19 Jun 2021 -- More than 990.25 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in China as of Friday, the National Health Commission said on Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports 6 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 19 Jun 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported six new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in Guangdong Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Saturday.
- Putin Says Russia Continues Working on New Vaccines, Medication for Treating COVID-19 Sputnik 19 Jun 2021 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin congratulated medical workers and veterans of the Russian healthcare system on Medical Worker Day, thanking them for their efforts in the fight against COVID-19 and calling for a more active vaccination programme.
- Sputnik Light Boosts Antibodies Against All COVID Strains During Revaccination, Developer Says Sputnik 19 Jun 2021 -- Sputnik Light COVID-19 vaccine can be used for revaccination, which will increase the level of antibodies against all circulating strains, Alexander Gintsburg, the chief of the Russian Gamaleya Research Centre, told Sputnik.
- India reports 60,753 New Cases in the last 24 hours India PIB 19 Jun 2021 -- India continues to report a sustained slide in the daily new COVID cases
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 155 India PIB 19 Jun 2021 -- India's cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage crossed 27.62 crore (27,62,55,304), as per the 7 pm provisional report today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 19 Jun 2021 -- As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 19 Jun 2021 -- India's Active Caseload further declines to 7,60,019
- Oxygen Expresses crosses the mark of 18000 MT LMO delivery in southern states of the country India PIB 19 Jun 2021 -- Overcoming all hurdles and finding new solutions, Indian Railways is continuing its journey of bringing relief by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country.
- COVID-19 kills 108 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 19 Jun 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 82,854 with 108 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Taiwan reports 128 new COVID-19 cases, under 200 per day for 1 week (update) CNA 19 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan on Saturday reported 128 new cases of COVID-19, as well as 20 deaths, marking a full week in which the daily number of infections remained below 200, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- U.S. to deliver 2.5 million doses of Moderna vaccine to Taiwan Sunday CNA 19 Jun 2021 -- The American Institute in Taiwan (AIT) said Saturday that 2.5 million doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine will be delivered to Taiwan Sunday as a donation from the United States.
- Only 5 confirmed Delta variant cases found in Taiwan, all imported: CECC CNA 19 Jun 2021 -- The highly infectious Delta variant of COVID-19, which has been spreading rapidly across the globe, has been confirmed in only five cases in Taiwan, all of which were imported, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Saturday.
- Taiwan to start giving second AstraZeneca COVID-19 jabs soon CNA 19 Jun 2021 -- People who received their first dose of the AstraZeneca (AZ) COVID-19 vaccine before May 9 can now make appointments for their second shot, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Saturday.
- US triples COVID vaccines for Taiwan amid tensions with China Press TV 19 Jun 2021 -- A senior US administration official says Washington will ship 2.5 million COVID-19 vaccine doses to Taiwan, more than tripling America's previous allocation of shots for the island, amid increasing tensions with China.
- Thailand Starts Human Trials of Homegrown COVID-19 Vaccines VOA 19 Jun 2021 -- Thailand has begun human trials with two of four homegrown vaccine candidates local scientists are developing against COVID-19, as the country scrambles to secure shots from abroad amid its worst wave of infections since the pandemic began.
- Africa Appeals for Vaccines to Combat Third Wave of COVID-19 VOA 19 Jun 2021 -- African health officials are urgently appealing for vaccines to combat a third wave of COVID-19 surging across the continent.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|