06 June 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- COVID Origins Probe Should Focus on Lab-Leak Theory, Analysts Say VOA 06 Jun 2021 -- Analysts say there is increasing interest in determining whether the coronavirus leaked from a research lab in Wuhan, China, where the deadly virus was first detected in humans, as the U.S. intelligence community acts on President Joe Biden's directive to "redouble" efforts to investigate the origins of COVID-19.
- Guangzhou speeds up world's largest citywide nucleic acid testing as COVID-19 cases rise Global Times 06 Jun 2021 -- Guangzhou, capital of South China's Guangdong Province, is speeding up its citywide nucleic acid testing, as a total of 94 infections were reported during the latest resurgence as of Saturday, including 80 confirmed cases and 14 asymptomatic infections.
- Guangzhou tightens travel restrictions to curb virus spread, requires travelers to present nucleic acid test result within 48h before leaving Global Times 06 Jun 2021 -- Starting from Monday noon, passengers leaving Guangzhou, South China's Guangdong Province are required to present negative nucleic acid test results from within the last 48 hours, as the city tightens its travel restrictions to curb the COVID-19 spread.
- Sinovac says a booster shot for COVID-19 would increase antibody response tenfold within one week Global Times 06 Jun 2021 -- The third dose of Sinovac's inactivated vaccine would increase antibody response tenfold in a week, a second-phase clinical trial showed, but the large-scale adoption of a third dose still needs more studies.
- Chinese mainland reports 7 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 06 Jun 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported seven new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, all in Guangdong Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Sunday.
- Delta COVID Variant More Transmissible, UK Official Says VOA 06 Jun 2021 -- The delta variant of the coronavirus, first identified in India, may be up to 40% more transmissible than the alpha variant, Britain's health minister said Sunday.
- India reports 1.14 Lakh Daily New Cases, lowest in two months India PIB 06 Jun 2021 -- India has reported 1,14,460 New Cases in the last 24 hours
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update India PIB 06 Jun 2021 -- As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 06 Jun 2021
- Southern States of Tamil Nadu and Karnataka receive more than 3000 MT of LMO each from Oxygen Expresses India PIB 06 Jun 2021 -- Overcoming all hurdles and finding new solutions, Indian Railways is continuing its journey of bringing relief by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country
- India opposes COVID-19 "vaccine passports" at G7 meeting People's Daily 06 Jun 2021 -- India has opposed the adoption of COVID-19 vaccine passports at the G7 meeting of health ministers, saying such an effort could prove to be "hugely discriminatory."
- COVID-19 kills 122 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 06 Jun 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 81,063 with 122 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- US Donates 750,000 COVID Shots to Taiwan VOA 06 Jun 2021 -- The Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center reported early Sunday that the global count of COVID-19 cases has reached 173 million, while the death toll is approaching 4 million.
- Taiwan reports 343 COVID-19 cases; Miaoli passes Taipei in new cases CNA 06 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan on Sunday reported 343 cases of COVID-19, all of which were domestically transmitted, and 36 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- U.S.' vaccine donation a sign of strong support for Taiwan: MOFA CNA 06 Jun 2021 -- The United States' pledge to donate 750,000 COVID-19 vaccines to Taiwan has sent a strong and clear message of its support for the country, and the government is grateful for that, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) said Sunday.
- Migrant workers in Miaoli COVID clusters to be quarantined CNA 06 Jun 2021 -- Miaoli-based migrant workers at three tech companies that have reported COVID-19 cluster infections have been ordered to be quarantined with pay, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced Sunday.
- Taoyuan seeking to prevent COVID infections among migrant workers CNA 06 Jun 2021 -- Taoyuan authorities plans to work with local companies that employ foreign workers to prevent COVID-19 infections among them after migrant workers with electronics companies in nearby counties came down with infections, the city's mayor said Sunday.
- COVID-19 vaccine rollout to be completely free from Monday CNA 06 Jun 2021 -- People who get vaccine jabs under the government-subsidized vaccine program will no longer have to pay administrative surcharges such as registration fees starting Monday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- U.S. to donate 750,000 COVID vaccine doses to Taiwan: visiting senator CNA 06 Jun 2021 -- United States Senator Ladda Tammy Duckworth announced upon her arrival in Taipei on Sunday that the U.S. will donate 750,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses to Taiwan, as part of its plan to share at least 80 million vaccines doses globally.
- Taiwan reports 511 local COVID-19 cases, 37 deaths Saturday People's Daily 06 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan on Saturday reported 511 local COVID-19 cases, including 476 new infections and 35 backlogged local cases, as well as 37 new deaths, according to the island's disease monitoring agency.
- In visit to Chinese Taipei, US senators promise COVID vaccines in defiance of Beijing Press TV 06 Jun 2021 -- The United States will donate 750,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccines to Chinese Taipei (Taiwan) amid the latter's row with China over access to the shots, US Senator Tammy Duckworth announced after arriving on the self-governed island along with two fellow senators.
- Anti-Epidemic Work Intensified in All Fields and Units of DPRK KCNA 06 Jun 2021 -- The worldwide health crisis getting worse due to the rapid spread of virus variants of high contagiousness and fatality demands that all people wage emergency anti-epidemic work on high alert.
- Canada's daily COVID-19 cases continue decreasing People's Daily 06 Jun 2021 -- Canada reported 1,672 new cases of COVID-19 in the past day, bringing the cumulative total to 1,391,174, including 25,712 deaths, as of Saturday evening, according to CTV.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|