03 June 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- White House Urges US Companies to Protect Against Ransomware VOA 03 Jun 2021 -- The White House on Thursday urged American businesses to take new precautions to combat disruptive ransomware attacks that have increasingly hobbled companies throughout Western economies.
- White House sounds the alarm over high-profile cyberattacks Press TV 03 Jun 2021 -- The White House has sounded the alarm over recent high-profile attacks against American projects like Colonial Pipeline and SolarWinds and sent out recommendations to the private sector over how to protect themselves from cyber intrusions.
- White House Urges Companies to Take Ransomware Threats Seriously After High-Profile Hacks Sputnik 03 Jun 2021 -- The White House is calling on the firms to undertake measures to safeguard against ransomware attacks after a series of high-profile attacks on large entities, a letter by Deputy National Security Advisor for Cyber and Emerging Technology, Anne Neuberger, said on Thursday.
- Biden says "looking closely" at retaliation over ransomware attack People's Daily 03 Jun 2021 -- U.S. President Joe Biden said on Wednesday that his administration was "looking closely" at whether to retaliate against Russia for a recent ransomware attack.
- FBI Blames Russian-Linked Hacker Group For Cyberattack On Meat Processing Company RFE/RL 03 Jun 2021 -- U.S. authorities have attributed the attack on Brazil-based meat processor JBS to hackers believed to be tied to Russia and said U.S. investigators are working "diligently" to bring the group to justice.
- Meat Producer JBS USA Says Its Global Facilities 'Fully Operational' After Cyberattack Sputnik 03 Jun 2021 -- Meat-producing giant JBS USA said in a press release that all of its global facilities are fully operational after a cyberattack that occurred earlier this week.
- New York transit company breached as cyberattacks surge in US Press TV 03 Jun 2021 -- Hackers have infiltrated the computer systems of the New York Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA), one of the largest public transportation networks in the US.
- Group With Alleged Ties to China Hacked NYC Public Transport Company in April, Reports Suggest Sputnik 03 Jun 2021 -- The computer systems of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority, a public benefit corporation overseeing public transportation in the NYC metropolitan area, was compromised in April by a hacker group with alleged ties to China, The New York Times reported, citing a document that described the breach.
- Joint Statement of the U.S.-India Counternarcotics Working Group US Dept. of State 03 Jun 2021 -- The text of the following statement was released by the Governments of the United States of America and the Republic of India.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- WHO Secures $2.4 Billion for Global COVID-19 Vaccine Sharing VOA 03 Jun 2021 -- The World Health Organization's program to secure and distribute billions of COVID-19 vaccine doses to the world's poorest countries has received a major financial boost.
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 03 Jun 2021
- Statement by Senior Advisor and Chief Spokesperson Symone Sanders on Vice President Kamala Harris's Calls with Foreign Leaders on the Global Allocation Plan for the First 25 Million Doses of COVID-19 Vaccines The White House 03 Jun 2021
- Statement by President Joe Biden on Global Vaccine Distribution The White House 03 Jun 2021
- US Announces Plan to Share 80 Million Excess Vaccine Doses VOA 03 Jun 2021 -- The Biden administration on Thursday announced it will share 80 million excess doses of COVID-19 vaccines by the end of June, with specific plans on sharing the first 25 million doses to areas in need.
- U.S. reports lowest weekly increase of child COVID-19 cases since late 2020 People's Daily 03 Jun 2021 -- About 34,500 new COVID-19 child cases were reported in the United States last week, marking the lowest number of new weekly cases since early October last year, according to the latest report of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the Children's Hospital Association.
- China Aims to Vaccinate 80% of 1.4 Billion Population by Year's End VOA 03 Jun 2021 -- China says it hopes to have 80% of its 1.4 billion citizens vaccinated by the end of the year.
- China to supply 1 billion vaccine doses overseas by year end Global Times 03 Jun 2021 -- China is able to provide more than 1 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines overseas in 2021, and the supply will be further expanded next year as two more China-made vaccines produced by CanSino and Wuhan Institute of Biological Products await approval by the World Health Organization (WHO), a Chinese vaccine official said at a forum.
- Chinese vaccines boost global fight against COVID-19 pandemic People's Daily 03 Jun 2021 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) validated on Tuesday the CoronaVac COVID-19 vaccine developed by Chinese pharmaceutical company Sinovac for emergency use, which made it the second Chinese vaccine included in the WHO Emergency Use Listing after the previous one developed by another Chinese manufacturer Sinopharm.
- Over 700 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered across China People's Daily 03 Jun 2021 -- More than 700 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered across China as of Wednesday, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- Guangdong reports 15 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 03 Jun 2021 -- South China's Guangdong Province registered 15 new locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, four of which were previously asymptomatic cases, the provincial health commission said on Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports 15 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 03 Jun 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Wednesday reported 15 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in Guangdong Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Thursday.
- Claims of "steady progress on vaccinations" mask wide-spread hesitancy across Europe People's Daily 03 Jun 2021 -- President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen has said that the European Union (EU) is making "steady progress on vaccinations" against COVID-19 as the bloc is on track to deliver enough doses to vaccinate 70 percent of its adult population by the end of July.
- Hungarian FM thanks China for vaccine assistance People's Daily 03 Jun 2021 -- Hungary thanks China for the timely delivery of COVID-19 vaccines, which has helped protect the lives of Hungarian people, said visiting Hungarian Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Peter Szijjarto.
- India's top court asks federal gov't to show data on procurement of COVID-19 vaccines, slams vaccination policy People's Daily 03 Jun 2021 -- India's top court Wednesday asked the federal government to produce complete data on its purchase history of three types of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Second wave of COVID-19 is erasing signs of economic recovery in India People's Daily 03 Jun 2021 -- India's GDP growth for the financial year 2020-21 was revised to -7.3 percent from -8 percent, as the country registered a 1.6-percent economic growth in the January-March quarter, according to government data released recently.
- India reports 1.34 lakh Daily New Cases in last 24 hours India PIB 03 Jun 2021 -- India has reported 1,34,154 Daily New Cases in the last 24 hours
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 03 Jun 2021 -- On a steady and continued downward trajectory, India's Active Caseload further declines to 17,13,413
- COVID-19 Vaccination UPDATE India PIB 03 Jun 2021 -- As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 139 India PIB 03 Jun 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country exceeded 22.37 Cr (22,37,27,632) as per the 7 pm provisional report today.
14,20,288 beneficiaries of the age group 18-44 years received their first dose and 27,203 beneficiaries of the same age group received their second dose of COVID vaccine today
- Union Ministry of Health finalises advance arrangement with M/s Biological-E Ltd., Hyderabad for 30 cr COVID19 Vaccine doses India PIB 03 Jun 2021 -- Union Ministry of Health has finalised arrangements with Hyderabad based vaccine manufacturer Biological-E to reserve 30 crore of COVID-19 vaccine doses
- More than 350 Oxygen Expresses complete Oxygen deliveries across the country India PIB 03 Jun 2021 -- Overcoming all hurdles and finding new solutions, Indian Railways is continuing its journey of bringing relief by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country
- COVID-19 kills 170 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 03 Jun 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 80,658 with 170 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Japan, US Look Set to Supply Vaccines to Democratic Taiwan Radio Free Asia 03 Jun 2021 -- The Japanese government is making final arrangements to provide Taiwan with about 1.2 million doses of the AstraZeneca jab, Japan's Kyodo news agency reported on Thursday, citing government sources, while the country will likely receive an allocation of U.S.-made jabs via the COVAX sharing scheme.
- Taiwan may be nearing new peak with Thursday's 585 COVID cases: CECC CNA 03 Jun 2021 -- Health and Welfare Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) said Thursday said that Taiwan seems headed for a new peak in COVID-19 cases, as 585 new infections and 17 deaths from the disease were reported earlier in the day.
- Taiwan reports 585 new COVID-19 cases, 17 deaths CNA 03 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan on Thursday reported 585 new cases of COVID-19, including 583 domestic infections, two imported ones, and 17 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Japan to provide vaccines to Taiwan as soon as Friday: reports CNA 03 Jun 2021 -- Japan's government is ready to announce the provision of 1.2 million doses of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine to Taiwan as soon as Friday, a report from the country's public broadcaster NHK said on Thursday.
- Taiwan Cabinet allocates billions in new funding for COVID-19 vaccines CNA 03 Jun 2021 -- The Cabinet said Thursday that it has allocated an additional NT$79.2 billion ($2.87 billion) for the procurement and development of COVID-19 vaccines, under a broader relief budget it has approved to fund Taiwan's efforts to contain a recent domestic outbreak of the disease.
- Japan working to provide Taiwan with COVID-19 vaccine: report CNA 03 Jun 2021 -- Japan's Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi on Thursday said during a legislative session that Japan's government is working to supply COVID-19 vaccines to Taiwan this month, according to a report from Kyodo News Japan.
- Taiwan COVID vaccine maker says it had wanted to do stage 3 trials CNA 03 Jun 2021 -- United Biomedical, a Taiwan biopharmaceutical firm developing COVID-19 vaccines, on Thursday said it had initially planned on following international norm and entering phase 3 clinical trials before seeking government approval for its COVID-19 vaccine.
- Six Dead of COVID-19 in Five Days as Myanmar Wrestles With Chin State Outbreak Radio Free Asia 03 Jun 2021 -- Six people have died from COVID-19 in northwest Myanmar's Chin state over the past five days, including three since Wednesday, according to officials, who are struggling to contain an outbreak along the country's border with coronavirus-ravaged India.
- Afreximbank in Talks With Russia on COVID-19 Vaccine Supplies, Manufacturing Options Sputnik 03 Jun 2021 -- The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) is interested in the acquisition of Russia's COVID-19 vaccines, and is also exploring options to begin producing them on the African continent, Amr Kamel, the bank's executive VP, told Sputnik, adding that both parties are currently holding talks on the matter.
- Risk of COVID-19 surge threatens Africa's health facilities UN News 03 Jun 2021 -- Critical health facilities across Africa risk being overwhelmed by surging COVID-19 infections, the UN health agency said on Thursday.
- Bahrain Offers Pfizer-BioNTech Boosters to Those Previously Vaccinated with Chinese Shot VOA 03 Jun 2021 -- Just six months after receiving two shots of China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine, some people in Bahrain are being offered booster doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|