09 May 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Cyberattack that shut major pipeline exposes vulnerabilities in America's energy infrastructure Press TV 09 May 2021 -- A cyberattack that shut the largest US gasoline pipeline and jeopardized supplies from refineries in the Gulf Coast of Texas has once again highlighted vulnerabilities in America's critical energy infrastructure.
- Most of Pentagon's $10bn diverted to border wall by Trump not recoverable Press TV 09 May 2021 -- Most of the nearly $10 billion that the administration of previous US president Donald Trump diverted from the military budget to build barriers on the country's border with Mexico will never be recoverable, Pentagon and congressional authorities have confirmed.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- COVID Variants May Emerge That Are Not Covered By Vaccine, Scientists Warn VOA 09 May 2021 -- In a rare yet expected development, a small number of people have developed COVID-19 after they have been vaccinated.
- Fauci Says Real Coronavirus Death Toll in US Could Be as High as 900,000 Sputnik 09 May 2021 -- US top infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci suggested that the United States has a far greater number of coronavirus deaths than the officially reported figures.
- US â€˜Turning the Corner' Against Coronavirus, White House Says VOA 09 May 2021 -- The United States is "turning the corner" in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic, a key White House official said Sunday.
- U.S. Records 34,159 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 09 May 2021 -- The United States of America recorded 34,159 new confirmed COVID-19 cases, along with 579 deaths in the past 24 hours.
- Hong Kong reports no new local infection of COVID-19 People's Daily 09 May 2021 -- Hong Kong reported no new local infection of COVID-19 on Sunday, indicating the epidemic being largely curbed, while a senior official still warned of the risk of a highly transmissible mutant strain and urged the public to follow anti-epidemic rules.
- Chinese mainland reports 12 new COVID-19 cases, all imported People's Daily 09 May 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported 12 new COVID-19 cases, all of which were imported, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Sunday.
- Over 300 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 09 May 2021 -- More than 308 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered across China as of Friday, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- European leaders postpone decision on patent waiver of COVID-19 vaccines People's Daily 09 May 2021 -- President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen said on Saturday at the end of the social summit of the European Union (EU) held in the Portuguese city of Porto that leaders of the EU countries understand that there are "more pressing issues" than patent waiver on vaccines against COVID-19.
- Claims That Sputnik V Negotiations With Germany 'Dead' Are False, RDIF Says Sputnik 09 May 2021 -- The Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) refuted claims that negotiations on the supply of the Sputnik V vaccine to Germany reached an impasse and slammed such fake reports as part of a disinformation campaign aimed at preventing the Russian drug from entering European markets.
- Coronavirus Cases Still Surging in India VOA 09 May 2021 -- The coronavirus crisis is not abating in India, with the country reporting Sunday that it had counted more than 403,000 new infections and 4,000 deaths in the last 24 hours.
- India: More Than 400,000 COVID Cases and More Than 4,000 Death in 24 Hours VOA 09 May 2021 -- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centers recorded 157.7 million global COVID-19 cases early Sunday, with 3.3 million deaths.
- Govt. of India has so far provided more than 17.56 crore vaccine doses to States/UTs Free of Cost India PIB 09 May 2021 -- Vaccination forms an integral component of the five point strategy of Government of India of containment and management of the pandemic (including Test, Track, Treat and COVID Appropriate Behaviour).
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update- Day 114 India PIB 09 May 2021 -- A major milestone has been achieved today as the country surpassed the landmark of 17 crore vaccination doses
- Update on Covid Relief Aid India PIB 09 May 2021 -- Reflecting the solidarity and goodwill towards India, the global community has extended a helping hand in supporting efforts of India in this collective fight against COVID-19
- Global Aid including 14 Oxygen Plants and more than 3 L Remdesivir Vials proactively cleared and rushed to States/UTs to combat COVID-19 India PIB 09 May 2021 -- The global community is extending a helping hand to support India's efforts to meet the challenges and requirements of the unprecedented surge in the number of COVID19 cases in the second wave of the global pandemic
- Nearly 4200 MT Oxygen delivered by Oxygen Expresses to Maharashtra, MP, Haryana, Rajasthan, Delhi, & UP India PIB 09 May 2021 -- Overcoming all hurdles and finding new solutions, Indian Railways is continuing its journey of bringing relief by delivering Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) to various states across the country.
So far, Indian Railways has delivered nearly 4200 MT of LMO in more than 268 tankers to various states across the country.
68 Oxygen Expresses have already completed their journey so far.
It is Indian Railways endeavour to deliver as much LMO as possible in the shortest time possible to the requesting states.
Till the time of this release,293MT has been offloaded in Maharashtra, 1230 MT in UP, 271 MT in MP, 555 MT in Haryana, 123 MT in Telangana, 40 MT in Rajasthan and 1679 MT in Delhi.
Oxygen is now being delivered by Railways to new cities like Kanpur, which received 80 MT of LMO today.
Running of new Oxygen is a very dynamic exercise and figures keep getting updated all the time
- China donates anti-epidemic supplies as India sees record virus cases, deaths Global Times 09 May 2021 -- The first batch of donated anti-epidemic supplies from the Red Cross Society of China (RCSC) reached India on Sunday, Chinese Ambassador to India Sun Weidong said, as India was in urgent need of the materials to cope with the surge in new COVID-19 cases and deaths.
- India's COVID-19 Cases Rise by over 400,000 Despite State Lockdowns SPA 09 May 2021 -- India's total COVID-19 cases rose by over 400,000 for the fourth consecutive day on Sunday even as several states imposed strict lockdowns to curb the spread of the virus, Reuters reported.
- COVID-19 kills 386 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 09 May 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran exceeded 74,910 with 386 more Iranians who died from the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- President Rouhani: 13mn Iranians to receive COVID-19 vaccine in next 2 months Press TV 09 May 2021 -- Iran's president says 13 million Iranians will be vaccinated against COVID-19 by July 22, as the country moves ahead with plans to develop a number of domestic vaccine candidates.
- Health Ministry: 942 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, 1,064 Recoveries Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 09 May 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced today in a statement that 942 new confirmed cases of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 426,384, including 9,572 active cases.
- MOFA unable to arrange charter flight for Taiwanese out of India CNA 09 May 2021 -- Taiwan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) said Sunday it has been unable to arrange a charter flight before the end of May for Taiwanese nationals who want to leave India and urged those still in the country to book commercial flights if they wish to return.
- Taiwan confirms one new imported COVID-19 case CNA 09 May 2021 -- Taiwan on Sunday confirmed one new imported case of COVID-19 from the Philippines, bringing the number of cases in the country to 1,184, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Emergency Anti-epidemic Campaign Further Intensified in DPRK KCNA 09 May 2021 -- All sectors and units across the country strictly observe anti-epidemic rules and concentrate efforts on keeping the masses on high alert, while regarding the anti-epidemic work as the most important task of this year.
- Palestine Records 314 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 09 May 2021 -- Palestine recorded 314 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), in the past 24 hours, 7 deaths, and 810 recoveries, in all Palestinian governorates.
- Palestine Records 491 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 09 May 2021 -- Palestine recorded 491 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), in the past 24 hours, 13 deaths, and 2,005 recoveries, in all Palestinian governorates.
- Algeria Records 204 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 09 May 2021 -- Algeria recorded, in the past 24 hours, 204 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), 7 deaths and 140 recoveries.
- Algeria Records 208 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 09 May 2021 -- Algeria recorded, in the past 24 hours, 208 new cases of COVID-19, along with 6 deaths.
- COVID-19 infections rise to 142,947 in Myanmar People's Daily 09 May 2021 -- The number of COVID-19 infections has risen to 142,947 in Myanmar after 13 new positive cases were reported in the past 24 hours, according to a release from the Health and Sports Ministry on Saturday.
- Africa's COVID-19 cases near 4.62 mln: Africa CDC People's Daily 09 May 2021 -- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Africa reached 4,618,936 as of Saturday, the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) said.
- Turkey reports 18,052 new COVID-19 cases, 5,016,141 in total People's Daily 09 May 2021 -- Turkey on Saturday confirmed 18,052 new COVID-19 cases, including 2,178 symptomatic patients, raising the total infections in the country to 5,016,141, according to its health ministry.
- Chile reports third consecutive day of over 6,000 daily COVID-19 cases People's Daily 09 May 2021 -- The Chilean Ministry of Health reported 6,219 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) on Saturday, the third consecutive day of more than 6,000 daily infections.
- Iraq Records 4,167 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 09 May 2021 -- Iraq recorded 4,167 new cases of the novel Coronavirus in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases to 1,112,725.
- Morocco Records 236 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 09 May 2021 -- Morocco recorded 236 new cases of COVID-19, in the past 24 hours, bringing the tally to 513,864.
- UAE Reports 1,572 New COVID-19 Cases, 3 Deaths SPA 09 May 2021 -- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) reported 1,572 new COVID-19 cases and 3 deaths in the last 24 hours.
- Kuwait Reports 1,095 New Covid-19 Cases SPA 09 May 2021 -- Kuwait reported 1,095 new cases of Novel coronavirus, and 7 deaths during the past 24 hours.
- Lebanon Records 435 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 09 May 2021 -- Lebanon recorded 435 new cases of COVID-19, in the past 24 hours, bringing the tally to 532,269.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|