26 April 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Top US Spy Agency Establishing Centre to Counter Foreign Influence Operations, Reports Say Sputnik 26 Apr 2021 -- The US Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) is working to establish a federal government hub to combat foreign meddling, Politico reported on Monday.
- Japan-American partnership builds cyber defense capacity US Air Force 26 Apr 2021 -- Members of U.S. Pacific Air Forces and Japan Air Self-Defense Force visited the 552nd Air Control Networks Squadron to build cyber-defense capacity, April 4-10.
- How Global Network of Journalists Helps Expose Organized Crime VOA 26 Apr 2021 -- Before she was murdered in 2017, Maltese journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia was investigating two companies named in the Panama Papers â€“ a leak of millions of records that exposed corruption in offshore finance.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly operational update on COVID-19 - 26 April 2021
- WHO Pushes Routine Vaccinations Amid COVID Downturn VOA 26 Apr 2021 -- Thirty-seven percent of surveyed countries are still experiencing disruptions in vaccinating children against deadly diseases like measles compared to 2020 levels, according to a press release from the World Health Organization (WHO), UNICEF and Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance.
- Background Press Call by Senior Administration Officials on COVID-19 in India The White House 26 Apr 2021
- NYS COVID-19 hospitalizations down to 3,198, positivity rate up to 1.88 pct: governor People's Daily 26 Apr 2021 -- The COVID-19 hospitalizations in New York State dropped to 3,198 on Saturday, compared with 3,294 one day earlier, tweeted Governor Andrew Cuomo on Sunday.
- Hong Kong reports 4 new COVID-19 cases, all imported People's Daily 26 Apr 2021 -- Hong Kong's Center for Health Protection (CHP) reported four new cases of COVID-19 on Monday, all of which were imported, taking the total tally to 11,740.
- Chinese mainland reports 11 new COVID-19 cases, all imported People's Daily 26 Apr 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported 11 new COVID-19 cases, all of which were imported, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Monday.
- China's Yunnan reports 3 imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 26 Apr 2021 -- China's border province of Yunnan reported three imported COVID-19 cases on Sunday, the provincial health commission said Monday.
- China reports 11 new cases of Coronavirus SPA 26 Apr 2021 -- China reported 11 new cases of the coronavirus, while no deaths were reported, during the past 24 hours.
- Italy Begins Lifting COVID-19 Restrictions VOA 26 Apr 2021 -- Italy began lifting COVID-19 restrictions on bars, restaurants, theaters and museums in much of the country Monday, as one of the nations hit earliest and hardest by the coronavirus pandemic tries to reopen.
- UK reports lowest daily coronavirus cases since early September People's Daily 26 Apr 2021 -- Another 1,712 people in Britain have tested positive for COVID-19, the lowest daily number since early September, according to official figures released Sunday.
- Belgium Reports 2,377 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 26 Apr 2021 -- Belgium reported 2,377 new Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and 34 deaths during the past 24 hours.
- RDIF to Deliver Sputnik V Vaccine to India, First Doses to Arrive on May 1 Sputnik 26 Apr 2021 -- The Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) will deliver Sputnik V vaccine to India amid a difficult situation with COVID-19, the first doses will arrive on May 1, the fund's CEO Kirill Dmitriev said in an interview with CNN on Monday.
- India Posts Fifth Consecutive Day of 300,000-Plus New COVID-19 Infections as World Sends Badly Needed Aid VOA 26 Apr 2021 -- The head of the World Health Organization said India's situation is "beyond heartbreaking" as the country reported nearly 353,000 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Monday, the fifth consecutive day of more than 300,000 coronavirus infections.
- US to Send Oxygen to India VOA 26 Apr 2021 -- The United States is pledging to send oxygen to India as soon as possible and tens of millions of vaccine doses abroad in stages, in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and intense pressure on America for significant help.
- India's Cumulative Vaccination Coverage exceeds 14.19 Crore as the Largest Vaccination Drive completes 100 days India PIB 26 Apr 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID19 vaccine doses administered in the country has crossed 14.19 Cr today as part of the world's largest vaccination drive, which completed 100 days yesterday.
- COVID19 Vaccination-Day 101 India PIB 26 Apr 2021 -- The total vaccination across the country has crossed more than 14.5 cr mark
- Railway Deploys 2670 Covid Care Beds at 9 Railway Stations India PIB 26 Apr 2021 -- The Ministry of Railways is swiftly meeting the State Governments' demand for the facility of Covid Care coaches during the current raging second spell of the Covid pandemic with its fleet of 4000 coaches (retrofitted as isolation units) with a capacity of 64000 beds
- The First Oxygen Express arrives in Mumbai India PIB 26 Apr 2021 -- A Ro-Ro service carrying three tankers loaded with Liquid Medical Oxygen (LMO) left Hapa in Gujarat on 25th April, 2021 at 18.03 hrs and reached Kalamboli in Maharashtra at 11.25 am on 26th April, 2021
- Oxygen Expresses to cross cumulative 450 M tonnes of Oxygen delivery by tomorrow morning India PIB 26 Apr 2021 -- Since the first train of empty tankers left for Vizag from Mumbai Region just a few days back, Indian Railways has transported more than 302 MT of Oxygen safely & securely to various states across India
- 3131Metric Tonnes of Liquid Medical oxygen supplied by Steel plants; India PIB 26 Apr 2021 -- Steel Plants in Public & Private Sector supplied 3131.84 Metric Tonnes of Liquid Medical oxygen (LMO) to various states on the 25th April 2021,ascompared to 2894 tonnes dispatched on the previous day.A week earlier, on an average 1500/1700 Metric tonnes /Day was being dispatched
- Indian gov't bans use of liquid oxygen for non-medical purposes People's Daily 26 Apr 2021 -- India's federal government has directed states to ensure that liquid oxygen is exclusively used for medical purposes only, officials said Monday.
- 352,991 new cases take India's COVID-19 tally to over 17 mln People's Daily 26 Apr 2021 -- The following are the updates on the global fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 2nd wave of COVID-19 in India projected to peak in mid-May People's Daily 26 Apr 2021 -- The ongoing second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic in India is projected to come to its peak in the middle of May, local media reported on Sunday.
- United States Sends Assistance to India to Face Spike in COVID-19 Cases SPA 26 Apr 2021 -- National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan expressed the United States' sympathy for the people of India following the recent spike in the COVID-19 cases.
- COVID-19 kills 496 more in Iran, a record since its outbreak IRNA 26 Apr 2021 -- Some 496 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 70,070, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Monday.
- Minister says Iran has reached one of most effective COVID-19 vaccines IRNA 26 Apr 2021 -- Iran's Minister of Health Saeed Namaki said on Monday that the country has reached one of the world's best and most effective COVID-19 vaccines in Pasteur Institute of Iran.
- 3rd phase of clinical trial of Iran-Cuba COVID vaccine begins IRNA 26 Apr 2021 -- The third phase of double-blind clinical trial of Iranian-Cuban COVID-19 vaccine started in central Iranian city on Monday in presence of Minister of Health and Medical Education Saeed Namaki.
- Iran blasts U.S. sanctions for hindering its vaccine campaign People's Daily 26 Apr 2021 -- Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif on Sunday criticized unilateral sanctions by the U.S. for having an adverse impact on Iran's vaccination campaign.
- Top Iranian vaccine manufacturer importing equipment to scale up production Press TV 26 Apr 2021 -- Iran's SETAD has taken delivery of a second batch of equipment needed for mass production for its Coviran Barekat coronavirus vaccine as the industrial conglomerate plans to scale up manufacturing to 25 million doses per month.
- Health Ministry: 958 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, 1,047 Recoveries in Saudi Arabia SPA 26 Apr 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced today in a statement that 958 new confirmed cases of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 413,174, including 9,657 active cases.
- Health Department in Riyadh Continues Providing Pfizer Vaccine in Many Governorates SPA 26 Apr 2021 -- The Health Department in Riyadh has continued providing its services for the beneficiaries in Pfizer's centers in Al-Kharj, Al-Majmaah and Al-Dawadmi governorates.
- Two more China Airlines pilots confirmed with COVID-19 CNA 26 Apr 2021 -- Two more cargo pilots at China Airlines (CAL) have been confirmed to have COVID-19, bringing the total number of cases at the carrier to nine, but the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) still does not know how they were infected or if they have infected others in Taiwan.
- Shorter quarantine for COVID-19-vaccinated arrivals from mid-May: CECC CNA 26 Apr 2021 -- Arrivals in Taiwan who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 could be allowed to shorten their quarantine from 14 to seven days as soon as mid-May, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Monday.
- Taiwan to provide assistance to India: Foreign Ministry CNA 26 Apr 2021 -- Taiwan is preparing medical aid and other forms of assistance for India as the COVID-19 crisis there worsens, a Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) official said Monday.
- Mexico receives new shipment of COVID-19 vaccines from Chinese company Sinovac People's Daily 26 Apr 2021 -- Mexico has received the seventh shipment of the COVID-19 vaccines produced by Chinese company Sinovac, which will help accelerate the national inoculation plan, the Ministry of Health reported on Sunday.
- Mexican Minister Visits Russia For Talks On Plan To Bottle Sputnik V RFE/RL 26 Apr 2021 -- Mexico's foreign minister has left for talks in Moscow on a plan to bottle Russia's Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine in Mexico after delays in the delivery of shipments from Russia.
- China sends COVID-19 vaccine to Syria People's Daily 26 Apr 2021 -- Syria on Saturday received a batch of Chinese-manufactured COVID-19 vaccines offered by the Chinese government.
- Laos Sees Huge Jump in COVID-19 Cases, While Lockdown in Cambodia Threatens Food Security Radio Free Asia 26 Apr 2021 -- Laos on Monday saw its biggest jump in cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, since the pandemic began more than a year ago, as the impoverished nation expanded a lockdown and added additional capacity at treatment centers to deal with the drastic rise in infections.
- Kazakhstan Rolls Out Domestic COVID-19 Vaccine RFE/RL 26 Apr 2021 -- Kazakhstan has rolled out its locally developed vaccine against COVID-19, with Health Minister Aleksei Tsoi receiving the first injection.
- UAE Announces 1,759 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 26 Apr 2021 -- The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) announced that it conducted 160,390 additional COVID-19 tests, over the past 24 hours, using state-of-the-art medical testing equipment, according to WAM News Agency.
- Morocco Records 102 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 26 Apr 2021 -- Morocco recorded 102 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), during the past 24 hours, bringing the tally to 509,465.
- Philippines Records 8,929 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 26 Apr 2021 -- The Philippines announced on Monday that the total number of coronavirus cases it had recorded had exceeded one million as it continued to record thousands of new infections in the capital region, the epicentre of its latest outbreak, Reuters reported.
- Egypt Records 953 New Covid-19 Cases SPA 26 Apr 2021 -- Egypt recorded 953 new cases od Noval Corona Virus, and 51 deaths, during the past 24 hours.
- Bolivia Vows to Produce COVID Vaccines, Including Russian One Sputnik 26 Apr 2021 -- Bolivia is interested in the production of vaccines against COVID-19, including the Russian one, on its territory, Health Minister Jeyson Auza told Sputink.
- COVID-19 Lockdown Ends in Australian City of Perth VOA 26 Apr 2021 -- A snap three-day COVID-19 lockdown is set to end Monday in the Australian city of Perth. The shutdown was ordered Friday after the man â€” a traveler who returned from overseas â€” escaped from a quarantine hotel housing other passengers returning from abroad. The Australian Medical Association said authorities are not doing enough to protect returned travelers in enforcing mandatory quarantine from infections and hotel facilities were not built to contain the spread of the virus.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|