05 April 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- Florida National Guard helps mitigate reservoir leak Army News 05 Apr 2021 -- The Florida National Guard is supporting state partners in the ongoing response to the Piney Point Reservoir leak in Manatee County in the Tampa Bay area.
- Pakistani Terrorism Court Judge Shot Dead In 'Targeted Attack' RFE/RL Gandhara 05 Apr 2021 -- Pakistani officials say a terrorism court judge and three of his family members have been shot dead in the northwestern province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Weekly Operationl Update WHO 05 Apr 2021
- World Insights: Global COVID-19 cases top 131 mln, recurring waves sweep countries among efforts, fatigue People's Daily 05 Apr 2021 -- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases around the globe surpassed 131 million on Monday, as an array of countries confronted fresh surges in contagion at the beginning of this month, despite continued efforts to tighten restrictions and administer vaccines.
- Rush Transcript: Governor Cuomo Updates New Yorkers On State's Progress During Covid-19 Pandemic New York State 05 Apr 2021
- Secretary Antony J. Blinken Remarks to the Press on the COVID Response US Dept. of State 05 Apr 2021
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 05 Apr 2021
- Yunnan reports 15 confirmed, 5 asymptomatic cases People's Daily 05 Apr 2021 -- Yunnan reported 15 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and five new asymptomatic cases on Sunday, the provincial health commission said on Monday.
- Chinese mainland reports 15 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 05 Apr 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported 15 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in Yunnan Province, the National Health Commission said Monday.
- Over 10 million COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in Guangdong People's Daily 05 Apr 2021 -- South China's Guangdong Province had administered a total of around 10.19 million COVID-19 vaccine doses by Friday, the provincial health commission said on Sunday.
- Gene sequencing shows latest coronavirus cases in China's Ruili share same origin People's Daily 05 Apr 2021 -- The virus behind the latest cluster of COVID-19 cases in the city of Ruili, in southwest China's Yunnan Province, shared the same origin, gene sequencing results have shown.
- China's Yunnan reports 15 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 05 Apr 2021 -- Southwest China's Yunnan Province reported 15 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and five new asymptomatic cases on Sunday, the provincial health commission said on Monday.
- Europe between rock and hard place as it tries to reopen after Easter People's Daily 05 Apr 2021 -- provided of course the doses are injected," he tweeted on Wednesday.
- UK Prime Minister Confirms Step 2 of COVID-19 Lockdown Easing to Go Ahead in England Sputnik 05 Apr 2021 -- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson confirmed on Monday that step 2 of the roadmap out of the COVID-19 lockdown in England will go ahead as planned from 12 April, adding that he will be among the people that "will be raising a pint of beer to my lips."
- Risk to Contract COVID-19 Remains for 3 Weeks After 2nd Sputnik V Shot, Developer Says Sputnik 05 Apr 2021 -- The possibility of getting infected with the coronavirus remains 3 weeks after receiving second shot of Sputnik V vaccine, however, the disease manifests itself only with mild symptoms in such cases, Alexander Gintsburg, the head of the Russian Gamaleya Research Institute, which developed vaccine, said.
- India Reaches Record Number of Daily COVID Cases VOA 05 Apr 2021 -- India's health ministry said Monday that it has recorded an all-time high 103,558 new coronavirus cases, the highest daily tally this year in the South Asian nation.
- India's New Daily COVID-19 Cases Surpass 100,000 for First Time SPA 05 Apr 2021 -- India reported a record rise in coronavirus infections on Monday, becoming only the second country after the United States to register more than 100,000 new cases in a day, Reuters reported.
- RDIF, India's Panacea Biotec Agree to Produce 100Mln Sputnik V Doses in India per Year Sputnik 05 Apr 2021 -- The Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) announced on Monday that it agreed with India's Panacea Biotec to produce 100 million doses of Russia's Sputnik V vaccine against the coronavirus in India annually.
- India's Cumulative Vaccination Coverage nears 8 Crore Mark India PIB 05 Apr 2021 -- In a significant development in the fight against COVID-19, the cumulative number of COVID19 vaccine doses administered in the country has crossed 7.9 Cr mark today.
- Centre rushes 50 High Level Public Health teams to Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh and Punjab for COVID-19 control and containment measures India PIB 05 Apr 2021 -- The Central Government has constituted 50 high level multi-disciplinary public health teams and deployed them to 50 districts across Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh and Punjab in view of the recent very large numbers of daily new COVID-19 cases and daily mortality being consistently reported by these States.
- Centre writes to Delhi Government on Irregularities in Identification of COVID Vaccination beneficiaries below the age of 45 years India PIB 05 Apr 2021 -- The Vaccination exercise as a tool to protect the most vulnerable population groups in the country from COVID-19 continues to be regularly reviewed and monitored at the highest level.
- Iran Faces 4th Wave of COVID-19 Pandemic, Health Ministry Says Sputnik 05 Apr 2021 -- A fourth wave of the coronavirus pandemic has started across Iran as the country experiences a fresh spike in the infection cases, Sima Sadat Lari, the spokeswoman for the country's Ministry of Health and Medical Education, told Sputnik.
- First COVAX shipment of 700,000 jabs sent to Tehran: Spokesman Press TV 05 Apr 2021 -- Iran's Health Ministry says the first shipment of the World Health Organization's COVAX global vaccine plan, containing more than 700,000 doses of the Oxfordâ€“AstraZeneca vaccine, has been sent to Tehran from Amsterdam.
- South Korea Reports 473 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 05 Apr 2021 -- South Korea reported 473 new COVID-19 cases during the past 24 hours.
- Health Ministry: Total Number of Administered COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Surpasses 5,000,000 Doses SPA 05 Apr 2021 -- The Ministry of Health announced, in a statement here today, that 695 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 393,377, including 6,368 active cases.
- The Kingdom's Experience to Combat COVID-19: Distinguished Model of Crisis Management SPA 05 Apr 2021 -- The Kingdom's health and socio-economic response to the COVID-19 pandemic has added new innovative concepts to crisis management and demonstrated a model to the global community in fighting the novel coronavirus.
- Taiwan confirms one new imported COVID-19 case CNA 05 Apr 2021 -- Taiwan confirmed one new imported case of COVID-19 on Monday, bringing the total number of cases in the country to 1,048, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- COVID-19 kills 172 more people in Iran IRNA 05 Apr 2021 -- Some 172 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 63,332, Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Monday.
- Jordan receives 1st batch of COVID-19 vaccines purchased from China People's Daily 05 Apr 2021 -- First batch of the Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines purchased from China arrived in Jordanian capital Amman on Sunday, as the kingdom's endeavor to strengthen its mass inoculation campaign against the pandemic.
- Jordan records 6,537 New Cases of Covid-19 SPA 05 Apr 2021 -- The Jordanian Ministry of Health recorded 6,537 new cases of the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of the lab-confirmed infections to 639,444.
- Brazil Registers 1,240 New COVID-19 Deaths SPA 05 Apr 2021 -- Brazil on Sunday registered 1,240 new COVID-19 deaths, the health ministry said, as the country deals with the worst of the pandemic yet, which has led the country to have the highest daily death tolls in the world, according to Reuters.
- Australian Minister Blames Slow Vaccine Rollout on EU's Toughened Export Control Sputnik 05 Apr 2021 -- Australian Federal Minister for Agriculture David Littleproud blamed his country's fall-back on the COVID-19 vaccine rollout scheme on the European Union's toughened rules for vaccine exports.
- China Donates 150,000 Vaccine Doses to El Salvador, President Bukele Says Sputnik 05 Apr 2021 -- China is donating 150,000 coronavirus vaccine doses to El Salvador in addition to the purchased 2 million Sinovac vaccine doses, President Nayib Bukele said.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|