04 April 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- How can we vaccinate the world? Five challenges facing the UN-backed COVAX programme UN News 04 Apr 2021 -- The aim of the UN-backed COVAX scheme is to get two billion vaccine doses into the arms of around a quarter of the population of poorer countries by the end of 2021. What are the main challenges that need to be overcome, if this historic global effort is to be achieved?
- U.S. witnesses increase in COVID-19 cases with spring break looming People's Daily 04 Apr 2021 -- The United States is seeing an increase in COVID-19 cases, including cases from new and emerging COVID-19 variants, as experts are concerned about another surge amid the spring break.
- U.S. CDC updates guidance on travel for fully vaccinated people People's Daily 04 Apr 2021 -- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated its travel guidance for fully vaccinated people on Friday, recommending that fully vaccinated people can travel at low risk to themselves.
- China suspends three inbound flights over COVID-19 cases People's Daily 04 Apr 2021 -- China's civil aviation regulator has announced the suspension of a RwandAir flight, an Ethiopian Airlines flight and a Turkish Airlines flight after several passengers on the routes recently tested positive for COVID-19.
- China's Yunnan reports 10 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 04 Apr 2021 -- Southwest China's Yunnan Province reported 10 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and one new asymptomatic case on Saturday, the provincial health commission said on Sunday.
- China to promote COVID-19 vaccinations on campus People's Daily 04 Apr 2021 -- China's Ministry of Education has issued a notice to ask local education departments and universities to proactively cooperate with local vaccination work.
- Chinese PLA provides COVID-19 vaccines to Lebanese military PLA Daily 04 Apr 2021 -- To implement President Xi Jinping's important declaration on making China's COVID-19 vaccine a global public good, a batch of COVID-19 vaccines provided by the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) was delivered to the Lebanese side at the request of Lebanese military on April 4.
- Russia's Sputnik V ensures quick recovery if COVID-19 confirmed: Developer Press TV 04 Apr 2021 -- The developer of Russia's Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine has ensured speedy recovery without severe symptoms in case of infection with COVID-19 after news broke out that the Argentine president tested positive for the contagious disease a few months after receiving the Russian jab.
- Sputnik V Light Vaccine Halves Chance of COVID-19 Infection, Gamaleya Institute Head Says Sputnik 04 Apr 2021 -- The single-shot Sputnik V Light version of the Russian vaccine against coronavirus decreases the chance of infection by 50-60 percent, Alexander Gintsburg, director of the Gamaleya research institute behind the vaccine, said on Sunday.
- New Coronavirus Cases Put Mumbai in Lockdown VOA 04 Apr 2021 -- India's health ministry said Sunday that it recorded 93,249 new coronavirus cases in the previous 24-hour period, the highest daily tally this year in the South Asian nation.
- PM reviews COVID-19 Pandemic situation and Vaccination Program in India India PIB 04 Apr 2021 -- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi today chaired a high-level meeting to review the COVID-19 Pandemic situation and vaccination program in the country.
- India's Vaccination Drive crosses the landmark of 7.5 Crore doses administered across the country India PIB 04 Apr 2021 -- The cumulative number of COVID19 vaccine doses administered in the country stands at 7,59,79,651 today (through 11,99,125sessions) as per the provisional report till 7 am.
- India's COVID-19 Daily Cases Surpass 90,000 SPA 04 Apr 2021 -- India recorded 93,249 coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, while the total caseload has hit 12,485,509 since the start of the pandemic, the country's Ministry of Health and Family Welfare announced on Sunday, according to TASS News Agency.
- Health Ministry: 1st Covax batch forwarded to Tehran IRNA 04 Apr 2021 -- Head of Health Ministry's Public Relations and Information Center said on Sunday that the first batch of Corona virus Covax vaccines was forwarded to Tehran on Sunday.
- COVID-19 kills 161 more people in Iran IRNA 04 Apr 2021 -- Some 161 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 63,160, Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Sunday.
- South Korea Reports 543 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 04 Apr 2021 -- South Korea reported 543 new COVID-19 cases during the past 24 hours.
- Virus Cases Rise in Most Japan Prefectures, Osaka at Record 666 SPA 04 Apr 2021 -- Most of Japan's prefectures are seeing a rise in the number of novel coronavirus infections, with Osaka Prefecture logging a single-day record of 666 cases, further fueling concerns over a sharp resurgence, Kyodo cited the Japanese health ministry data as showing Saturday.
- Health Ministry Spokesman: 673 New Confirmed Covid-19 Cases, 504 Recoveries Reported, in Saudi Arabia SPA 04 Apr 2021 -- Official Spokesman of the Ministry of Health Dr. Mohammed Al-Abdulaali said, in a press conference, that 673 new confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported today in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 392,682 confirmed cases, including 6,169 active cases receiving necessary medical care. Of these, there are 782 critical cases, while the health condition of the rest is stable, the report said.
- Taiwan reports two new imported cases of COVID-19 CNA 04 Apr 2021 -- Taiwan reported two new imported cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, one each from Indonesia and the Philippines, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Rollout of Taiwan's new batch of COVID-19 vaccines may begin April 12 CNA 04 Apr 2021 -- The inspection of the latest batch of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines delivered to Taiwan on Sunday may be completed by April 12, according to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- First batch of COVID-19 vaccines from COVAX arrives CNA 04 Apr 2021 -- The shipment of the first batch of COVID-19 vaccines allocated to Taiwan through the global vaccine sharing program COVAX arrived at the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport Sunday morning.
- Chile to strengthen search for new variants of COVID-19 through genetic sequencing People's Daily 04 Apr 2021 -- The Chilean Ministry of Health announced on Saturday that it will strengthen the search for new variants of COVID-19, with the genomic sequencing of 500 samples a week to investigate the cause of the new wave of infections that is affecting the country.
- Turkey tightens COVID-19 restrictions after re-spike in daily cases People's Daily 04 Apr 2021 -- Turkey has recently witnessed a re-spike in daily COVID-19 cases and tightened its restrictive measures.
- Jordan Records 6,032 New Cases of Covid-19 SPA 04 Apr 2021 -- The Jordanian Ministry of Health announced the registration of 6,032 new cases of the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of the lab-confirmed infections to 632,907.
- Iraq Reports 5,368 New Cases of Covid-19 SPA 04 Apr 2021 -- Iraq reported 5,368 new cases of the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) during the past 24- hours, bringing the total number of the lab-confirmed infections to 873,568.
- UAE Announces 2,113 New COVID-19 Cases, 2,279 Recoveries, 6 Deaths in Last 24 Hours SPA 04 Apr 2021 -- The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) announced 2,113 new coronavirus cases, bringing the total number of recorded cases in the UAE to 470,136.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|