28 March 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- U.S. to confront glut of COVID-19 vaccine as early as May: media Global Times 28 Mar 2021 -- U.S. officials are anticipating the supply of COVID-19 vaccines to outstrip domestic demand by mid-May if not sooner, and are grappling with what to do with looming surpluses when vaccine scarcity turns to glut, reported The New York Times on Saturday.
- Over 100 million COVID-19 vaccinations administered in China: NHC Global Times 28 Mar 2021 -- China set a milestone in both its national vaccination campaign and international vaccine deliveries, having administered 100 million shots domestically and one of its major vaccine makers supplying more than 100 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines globally.
- Chinese COVID-19 vaccines have neutralizing effect on mutant strains found in South Africa, UK Global Times 28 Mar 2021 -- The COVID-19 vaccines that have been marketed in China have a neutralizing effect on some mutated viruses, including the ones found in the UK and South Africa, according to Sinopharm and Sinovac.
- China's CanSino says vaccine order talks underway with Europe Global Times 28 Mar 2021 -- CanSino Biologics Inc. said the firm is in talks with a number of European countries about orders for its COVID-19 vaccine, Bloomberg reported on Friday.
- Chinese drugmakers expand global COVID-19 vaccine production Global Times 28 Mar 2021 -- As the world is facing a shortage of COVID-19 vaccines, some Chinese pharmaceutical companies are rushing to expand their overseas operations to meet the huge demand. But despite their global competitiveness, they still face non-commercial barriers such as political bias, analysts said on Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 28 Mar 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Ireland denies UK vaccines jab offer Press TV 28 Mar 2021 -- Ireland has firmly denied the UK has offered to supply the country with excess Covid-19 vaccine jabs following a report to that effect in a major British newspaper.
- Russia Reports 9,088 COVID-19 Cases SPA 28 Mar 2021 -- Russia has registered 9,088 COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours, up from 8,885 the day before, taking the tally to 4,519,832, the coronavirus response center said on Sunday, according to Sputnik News Agency.
- India crosses a Landmark Milestone of over 6 cr vaccine doses administered India PIB 28 Mar 2021 -- India has registered a significant achievement in its fight against COVID19. The country's total vaccination coverage has surpassed 6 crore today.
- Corona claims 89 lives in Iran over past 24 hours: official IRNA 28 Mar 2021 -- 89 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 62,397, Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Sunday.
- South Korea Reports 482 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 28 Mar 2021 -- South Korea reported 482 new COVID-19 cases during the past 24 hours.
- Health Ministry Spokesman: 531 New Confirmed Covid-19 Cases, 389 Recoveries Reported, in Saudi Arabia SPA 28 Mar 2021 -- Official Spokesman of the Ministry of Health Dr. Mohammed Al-Abdulaali said in a press conference today that 531 new confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 388,325 confirmed cases, including 4,728 active cases receiving necessary medical care. Of these, there are 638 critical cases, while the health condition of the rest is stable, the report said.
- Taiwan adds 2 new imported COVID-19 cases CNA 28 Mar 2021 -- Taiwan reported Sunday two new imported cases of COVID-19, both from the the Philippines, bringing the total number of cases in the country to 1,022, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Palau president arrives in Taiwan to initiate 'travel bubble' CNA 28 Mar 2021 -- Palau President Surangel Whipps Jr. arrived in Taiwan Sunday to initiate a Palau-Taiwan "travel bubble" that will allow people to travel between the two countries with fewer entry restrictions currently imposed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Venezuelan Opposition Leader Guaido Infected With COVID-19 Sputnik 28 Mar 2021 -- Venezuelan political opposition leader Juan Guaido announced that he has contracted the coronavirus but with mild symptoms.
- Facebook Freezes Venezuelan President's Page Over COVID Misinformation VOA 28 Mar 2021 -- Facebook has frozen Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro's page, according to a spokesperson for the social media giant, because the page contained misinformation about the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Kosovo Receives First COVID-19 Vaccines; Last Nation In Europe To Begin Immunization Program RFE/RL 28 Mar 2021 -- Kosovo has received its first shipment of a vaccine against COVID-19 as it becomes the last country in Europe to start an immunization program.
- North Macedonia Receives 2nd Batch of Russia's Sputnik V Vaccine, Health Minister Says Sputnik 28 Mar 2021 -- North Macedonia on Sunday received the second shipment of the Russian-made Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine, the country's Health Minister Venko FilipÄ¨e said.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|