28 February 2021 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- WHO calls for more help for developing countries to access COVID-19 vaccines People's Daily 28 Feb 2021 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) called on countries and manufacturers on Friday to provide more help for developing countries to access COVID-19 vaccines against the pandemic.
- U.S. FDA approves Johnson &Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use People's Daily 28 Feb 2021 -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Saturday authorized Johnson &Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use in the United States.
- 'Too premature' for US to relax COVID-19 restrictions: Dr. Fauci Press TV 28 Feb 2021 -- Dr. Anthony Fauci, America's top infectious disease expert, has warned that it is "too premature" to relax restrictions put in place to mitigate the spread of coronavirus in the United States.
- CDC Latest to Endorse Johnson & Johnson Vaccine for Use in US VOA 28 Feb 2021 -- A U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advisory panel Sunday endorsed the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, voting overwhelmingly to recommend the shot for adults older than 18.
- China's PLA delivers COVID19 vaccines to Philippines army Global Times 28 Feb 2021 -- A shipment of COVID-19 vaccines donated by the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) to the Philippines' army arrived in Manila on Sunday afternoon. President of the Philippines Rodrigo Duterte went to the airport to accept the vaccines, the first batch the Philippines received since the outbreak.
- Sinopharm's Wuhan institute rolls out its first batch of COVID-19 vaccines for mass use, annual output reaches 100 million doses Global Times 28 Feb 2021 -- The first batch of COVID-19 inactivated vaccines produced by Sinopharm's Wuhan institute was produced and made ready for mass use on Sunday after it was granted conditional market approval on Thursday. The institute said they have the capacity to produce 100 million doses per year.
- China conditionally approves one-shot recombinant COVID-19 vaccine People's Daily 28 Feb 2021 -- The Chinese National Medical Products Administration granted conditional market approval to a recombinant novel coronavirus vaccine that requires only one shot.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 28 Feb 2021 -- The Chinese mainland reported no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases on Saturday, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- European countries turning to East for vaccines amid supply shortage People's Daily 28 Feb 2021 -- As a looming third wave of the COVID-19 pandemic highlights the vaccine supply shortfalls in Europe, Hungary joined Serbia to launch mass inoculation with China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine earlier this week.
- Brazilian variant of Covid-19 detected in England and Scotland Press TV 28 Feb 2021 -- The widely feared Brazilian variant of Covid-19 has been detected both in England and Scotland.
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak reinforces PM's message on lockdown exit Press TV 28 Feb 2021 -- The Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rishi Sunak, has once again reinforced Boris Johnson's message of a slow and steady exit from the third national lockdown.
- Russia Reports 11,359 New Coronavirus Cases, 379 Deaths SPA 28 Feb 2021 -- Russia reported 11,359 new coronavirus cases on Sunday, bringing the national tally to 4,246,079, according to Reuters.
- Developer of Sputnik Light Vaccine Files for Approval in Russia, Other Countries Sputnik 28 Feb 2021 -- An application for an emergency use authorization of Sputnik Light, the single-dose version of the Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine, has been filed in Russia and several other countries, the vaccine's Twitter account said on Sunday.
- Kerala, Maharashtra, Punjab, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Gujarat continue to report an upsurge in COVID New Cases India PIB 28 Feb 2021 -- India's total Active Caseload has reached 1,64,511 today. India's present active caseload now stands at 1.48% of India's total Positive Cases.
- Mosques' networks successful during COVID-19 pandemic: Iran min IRNA 28 Feb 2021 -- Minister of Culture and Islamic Guidance Seyyed Abbas Salehi said on Sunday that cultural and artistic centers of mosques in Iran have articulated appropriate networks during coronavirus pandemic.
- Iran appreciates China for donating COVID-19 vaccine IRNA 28 Feb 2021 -- Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh on Sunday thanked China for donating 250,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccines.
- COVID-19 claims 93 lives in past 24 hours in Iran: Official IRNA 28 Feb 2021 -- Some 93 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 60,073, Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Sunday.
- Iran capable of vaccinating 20m people a month: Official IRNA 28 Feb 2021 -- Iran's Deputy Health Minister Alireza Raisi ensured on Sunday that there was no concerns on fast vaccination as the country's health network has capability to vaccine 20 million people a month.
- Iranian COVID-19 vaccine undergoes clinical test IRNA 28 Feb 2021 -- Razi Institute COV-Pars coronavirus vaccine which is the first injected-inhaled recombinant corona protein undergoes clinical test by two volunteers receiving the first dose.
- Iran receives 250,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine from China Press TV 28 Feb 2021 -- Iran has received 250,000 doses of Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine from China as the country continues the nationwide vaccination of priority groups.
- Health Ministry Spokesman: 322 New Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 28 Feb 2021 -- Official Spokesman of the Ministry of Health Dr. Mohammed Al-Abdulaali said in a press conference today that 322 new confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; thus bringing the total number to 377,383 confirmed cases, including 2,584 active cases receiving necessary medical care. Of these, there are 481 critical cases, while the health condition of the rest is stable.
- Taiwan confirms one new imported COVID-19 case CNA 28 Feb 2021 -- Taiwan on Sunday recorded one new imported case of COVID-19 from Poland, bringing the total number of cases in the country to 955, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said.
- More Southeast Asian nations embrace Chinese vaccines to fight COVID-19 Global Times 28 Feb 2021 -- When a plane carrying Thailand's first batch of COVID-19 vaccines from China's Sinovac landed at an airport here on Wednesday, people waiting on the tarmac cheered and applauded.
- Zimbabwe to receive over 1 million COVID-19 vaccine doses under COVAX People's Daily 28 Feb 2021 -- Zimbabwe will soon receive 1.152 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine under the COVAX scheme, the European Union announced Wednesday.
- Moldova Receives First COVID-19 Shots From Romania RFE/RL 28 Feb 2021 -- Romania has delivered the first batch of AstraZeneca's COVID-19 shots to Moldova, enabling one of Europe's poorest countries to begin its vaccination campaign.
- UAE Announces 2,930 new COVID-19 Cases, 1,517 Recoveries, 8 Deaths in Last 24 Hours SPA 28 Feb 2021 -- The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) announced that it conducted 226,139 additional COVID-19 tests over the past 24 hours, using state-of-the-art medical testing equipment.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|