06 December 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- Mexico considers curbing foreign agents after general's arrest in US Press TV 06 Dec 2020 -- The Mexican president has proposed tightening restrictions on "foreign agents," in the wake of a diplomatic row with the US that was sparked by the arrest of a former top general in Los Angeles.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Americans Urged to Guard Against COVID as Trump's Lawyer Tests Positive VOA 06 Dec 2020 -- Top U.S. health officials told Americans on Sunday they need to remain determined to protect themselves against the coronavirus even as the first vaccines are likely to become available later this month.
- US COVID-19 cases hit over 14.5 mln, California to enter new stay-at-home order Global Times 06 Dec 2020 -- More than 14.5 million people in the United States have contracted COVID-19 so far, and the vast region of California will enter a new stay-at-home order on Sunday night.
- U.S. COVID-19 cases hit over 14.5 mln, California to enter new stay-at-home order People's Daily 06 Dec 2020 -- More than 14.5 million people in the United States have contracted COVID-19 so far, and the vast region of California will enter a new stay-at-home order on Sunday night.
- Vast region of U.S. state of California to enter new stay-at-home order amid COVID-19 surge People's Daily 06 Dec 2020 -- The vast region of the U.S. California state will enter a new stay-at-home order on Sunday night, as its many parts have hit the 15 percent or lower threshold for intensive care unit (ICU) capacity amid COVID-19 surge, local health authorities said Saturday.
- COVID-19 deaths expected to rise to 539,000 in US by April: Study Press TV 06 Dec 2020 -- The number of people killed by COVID-19 could nearly double in the United States to 539,000 deaths by April 1, according to a new report.
- Coronavirus Cases in Military Exceed 400 As 6 New Cases Reported SPA 06 Dec 2020 -- Coronavirus infections in the South Korean military exceeded 400 today, on Saturday, as six more cases were reported amid a continued cluster transmission at barracks, Yonhap reported.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 06 Dec 2020
- Virus contaminated imported cold-chain food found in six locations across China Global Times 06 Dec 2020 -- Coronavirus has been found on outer packaging of cold-chain food products in at least six locations across China in the last four days, reports showed. The rise in the number of cases came as China strengthened measures to reduce infection risks brought by imported cold-chain food.
- 6-year-old girl in Tianjin tested positive for COVID-19 after 7 negative results in 2 weeks Global Times 06 Dec 2020 -- North China's Tianjin reported that a 6-year-old girl, the daughter of a COVID-19 patient in the city, was found to have been infected on Saturday after being isolated for 15 days. Her throat swab, sputum and stool samples had been tested for nucleic acid seven times since November 20, all of which were negative.
- Scientists optimistic on making COVID-19 vaccines affordable, equitable despite challenges People's Daily 06 Dec 2020 -- Globally, there are 163 COVID-19 candidate vaccines in preclinical evaluation and 51 others in clinical evaluation, according to a publication of the WHO.
- Chinese mainland reports 1 new domestically transmitted COVID-19 case People's Daily 06 Dec 2020 -- China's National Health Commission said Sunday that it received reports of 18 newly confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Saturday, one of which was domestically transmitted in Tianjin.
- 12 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 06 Dec 2020 -- Twelve COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery across the Chinese mainland on Saturday, the National Health Commission said in a daily report Sunday.
- Britain to Be First Country to Use Pfizer COVID Vaccine VOA 06 Dec 2020 -- Britain will be the first country to roll out the Pfizer - BioNTech coronavirus vaccine â€“ the first Western nation to do so, the government announced Sunday.
- EU May Exclude Poland, Hungary From COVID-19 Recovery Plan, French Minister for Europe Warns Sputnik 06 Dec 2020 -- French Minister for European Affairs Clement Beaune has said that Poland and Hungary may be denied access to the European Union's COVID-19 pandemic recovery fund unless they give up their tough stance towards the so-called rule of law mechanism.
- France adds 12,923 COVID-19 cases, 216 deaths People's Daily 06 Dec 2020 -- France registered 12,923 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, taking its national count to 2,281,475, data from the country's health authorities showed.
- Russia Reports Record 29,039 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 06 Dec 2020 -- Russia reported a record high of 29,039 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday, taking the national total to 2,460,770 since the pandemic began, according to Reuters.
- Pfizer seeks emergency use of COVID-19 vaccine in India Press TV 06 Dec 2020 -- Pfizer India has become the first pharmaceutical firm to seek an emergency use authorization for its COVID-19 vaccine in India, which has the second highest number of coronavirus infections.
- India's Active Caseload further contracts to 4.03 Lakh after 138 days India PIB 06 Dec 2020 -- India's total Active Caseload has significantly fallen to 4.03 lakh (4,03,248) today. This is the lowest after 138 days. The total active cases were 4,02,529 on 21st July, 2020.
- Seven COVID-19 Patients Die In Pakistani Hospital After Oxygen Supplies Ran Out RFE/RL Gandhara 06 Dec 2020 -- Seven COVID-19 patients have died in northwestern Pakistan due to a shortage of oxygen supply, local officials and medics say, as hospitals in the country are struggling to cope with a second wave of the outbreak.
- Iran ready to transfer home COVID19 vaccine from source countries IRNA 06 Dec 2020 -- Minister of Roads and Urban Development announced Iran's readiness to transfer the COVID19 vaccines from the source countries.
- Official: COVID-19 kills 294 more in Iran IRNA 06 Dec 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Sunday that some 294 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 50,310.
- Iran pioneer in producing equipment for fighting coronavirus IRNA 06 Dec 2020 -- Interior Minister Abdolreza Rahmani-Fazli said on Saturday that today Iran is one of the pioneers in producing face masks, ventilators and other equipment needed for fighting coronavirus.
- S Korea reports 631 more COVID-19 cases, 37,546 in total Global Times 06 Dec 2020 -- South Korea reported 631 more cases of the COVID-19 as of midnight Saturday compared to 24 hours ago, raising the total number of infections to 37,546.
- S. Korea reports 631 more COVID-19 cases, 37,546 in total People's Daily 06 Dec 2020 -- South Korea reported 631 more cases of the COVID-19 as of midnight Saturday compared to 24 hours ago, raising the total number of infections to 37,546.
- Japan to Extend Travel Subsidy Scheme Amid Record Deaths, Severe Cases SPA 06 Dec 2020 -- Japanese tourism minister Kazuyoshi Akaba said today the government is planning to extend its domestic travel subsidy program by five months through the end of June to support the economy hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic, a move that comes despite the record number of severe cases and deaths currently being reported across the country, Kyodo reported.
- Registration Mechanism for Taking Coronavirus Vaccine Will Be Announced Soon, Health Ministry Spokesman reports SPA 06 Dec 2020 -- Assistant Minister of Health and Official Spokesman of the Ministry of Health Dr. Muhammad Al-Abdulaali confirmed, in a press conference here today, that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has signed very important contracts with companies developing Coronavirus vaccine, saying that the registration mechanism for taking the Coronavirus vaccine will be announced soon.
- Total COVID-19 cases in Taiwan pass 700 with 22 migrant workers positive CNA 06 Dec 2020 -- A total of 22 migrant workers, including 20 from Indonesia and two from the Philippines, tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday, bringing the total number of cases in the country to 716, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Two Indonesians with COVID-19 who stayed in same dorm ruled imported cases CNA 06 Dec 2020 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Sunday that two Indonesian migrant workers who stayed in the same dormitory in Taiwan after completing quarantine, and who both have tested positive for COVID-19, are imported cases rather than domestic ones.
- Indonesian migrant worker confirmed COVID-19 case Saturday night CNA 06 Dec 2020 -- A female migrant worker from Indonesia who had stayed in the same dormitory in Taoyuan with 47 other migrant workers, tested positive for COVID-19 Saturday night, prompting the health authorities to put all the dorm tenants under quarantine, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan reports 22 new imported cases of COVID-19 CNA 06 Dec 2020 -- Twenty-two new imported cases of COVID-19 were confirmed in Taiwan on Sunday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Fiji reports 2 more COVID-19 cases People's Daily 06 Dec 2020 -- Fiji reported on Sunday two more confirmed COVID-19 cases, bringing the total number of active COVID-19 cases to 11 in the island nation.
- Brazil's COVID-19 death toll tops 176,000 People's Daily 06 Dec 2020 -- Brazil's COVID-19 death toll on Saturday surpassed 176,000 after registering 664 deaths in the last 24 hours, with the nationwide tally now at 176,628, the Health Ministry said.
- Ecuador reports 909 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 06 Dec 2020 -- Ecuador registered 909 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number to 197,391, the Ministry of Public Health reported on Saturday.
- UAE Announces 1,153 New COVID-19 Cases, 634 Recoveries, and 3 Deaths in Last 24 Hours SPA 06 Dec 2020 -- The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention announced that it conducted 92,147 additional COVID-19 tests over the past 24 hours, using state-of-the-art medical testing equipment.
- Malaysia's COVID Woes Spotlight 'Terrible' Migrant Worker Housing VOA 06 Dec 2020 -- Malaysia is pressing companies to quickly upgrade staff housing after a major outbreak of COVID-19 in the teeming dormitories for migrant workers providing the world with personal protective equipment, something labor rights groups had been warning of for months.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|