28 November 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- Iran Says It Will Reject Any Verdict Resulting From Trial Of Diplomat In Belgium RFE/RL 28 Nov 2020 -- Iran has said it will not recognize any verdict in a trial in Belgium against an Iranian diplomat who is charged with plotting to bomb an exiled opposition group's rally two years ago.
- Iranian diplomat refuses to attend 'political trial' in Belgium Press TV 28 Nov 2020 -- An Iranian diplomat, who was arrested back in 2018 on the false charges of being linked to a bomb attack plot in the French capital of Paris, has refused to turn up for trial in Belgium.
- Indonesian Police Seek IS-linked Suspects in Deadly Attack VOA 28 Nov 2020 -- Four people have been killed in an attack on a remote community in Indonesia's Central Sulawesi province, and police are searching for suspects believed to be members of a group associated with Islamic State.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Los Angeles Issues Stay-at-Home Order to Curb COVID VOA 28 Nov 2020 -- A surge in new coronavirus cases has led California's Los Angeles County to issue a new three-week, stay-at-home order which will go into effect Monday.
- U.S. COVID-19 cases surpass 13 mln -- Johns Hopkins University People's Daily 28 Nov 2020 -- The total number of COVID-19 cases in the United States topped 13 million on Friday, according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 28 Nov 2020
- Wuhan finds coronavirus on packages of Brazilian beef, Vietnamese fish Global Times 28 Nov 2020 -- Wuhan, capital of Central China's Hubei Province, has launched an epidemiological investigation after the coronavirus was discovered on two packages of beef imported from Brazil and on one package of fish imported from Vietnam, local health authority announced on Saturday.
- Chile sees 547,223 cases of COVID-19, 15,278 deaths Global Times 28 Nov 2020 -- Chile on Friday reported 1,570 new daily cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) infection, bringing its accumulated caseload to 547,223.
- Coronavirus Deaths Hit New Daily Record in Greece SPA 28 Nov 2020 -- Greece reported 121 coronavirus-related deaths on Saturday, a daily record, with hospitals in the north of the country under pressure as intensive care beds fill up with COVID-19 patients, according to Reuters.
- Belgium Cautiously Eases Coronavirus Lockdown SPA 28 Nov 2020 -- Belgium on Friday announced a slight easing of its coronavirus restrictions as the number of new coronavirus cases in the country begins to fall, dpa reported.
- COVID-19: Russia Says India To make 100 Million Doses Of Sputnik Vaccine RFE/RL 28 Nov 2020 -- In Russia, one of the developers of the Sputnik-V coronavirus vaccine has announced that the Indian-based pharmaceutical company Hetero would produce over 100 million doses of the jab. India is one of the world's largest vaccine manufacturers.
- 69% of the daily new cases are contributed by eight States/UT i.e. Maharashtra, Delhi, Kerala, West Bengal ,Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, and Chhattisgarh India PIB 28 Nov 2020 -- The Active Caseload of India stands at 4,54,940 today. Present contribution of Active Caseload to India's total positive cases is4.87%.
- Official: 391 more Iranians die from COVID-19 over past 24 hours IRNA 28 Nov 2020 -- Some 391 people in Iran have died as a result of the coronavirus disease over the past 24 hours, Iranian Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Saturday.
- South Korea Reports 504 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 28 Nov 2020 -- The daily number of new Coronavirus cases in South Korea exceeded 500 for the third straight day on Saturday, Yonhap News Agency reported.
- Tokyo's Daily, Monthly Coronavirus Infections Rise to Record Levels SPA 28 Nov 2020 -- The Tokyo metropolitan government reported today, on Friday 570 new coronavirus infections, pushing up its monthly tally for November to the highest on record, Kyodo reported.
- Health Ministry: 220 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, 401 Recoveries Reported, in Saudi Arabia SPA 28 Nov 2020 -- The Ministry of Health announced in a statement here today that 220 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 356,911, including 5,018 active cases undergoing treatment.
- Taiwan reports nine new imported cases of COVID-19 CNA 28 Nov 2020 -- Taiwan on Saturday confirmed nine new imported cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number in the country to 648 since the pandemic began, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan bans 2 more Indonesian agencies from sending migrants to Taiwan CNA 28 Nov 2020 -- Two more Indonesian manpower agencies were added Saturday to a list of companies banned from sending migrant workers to Taiwan, following recent days of new imported COVID-19 cases from the Southeast Asian country.
- CECC mulls fines for travelers arriving without COVID-19 testing CNA 28 Nov 2020 -- Taiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said on Saturday that it is considering guidelines to fine those who arrive in the country without proof of a recent COVID-19 test, after such tests become mandatory in Taiwan on Dec. 1.
- S Korean Spies Say DPRK Executed Lockdown Rule-Breakers, Shut Down Pyongyang in War With COVID-19 Sputnik 28 Nov 2020 -- One official was reportedly executed for importing banned goods into the country amid increased customs controls at the border due to the pandemic. Another senior official was executed on charges of currency exchange fraud.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|