22 November 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- North Africa's al-Qaeda names new leader as Takfiris expand foothold Press TV 22 Nov 2020 -- The North African offshoot of the al-Qaeda terrorist group has reportedly appointed a new leader after confirming the death of its former leader killed in June, as Takfiri outfits continue to propagate their gory ideology in the continent, particularly in the Sahel region.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- G20 summit: Trump wants vaccine first for US as world leaders urge fair access Press TV 22 Nov 2020 -- Leaders of the 20 biggest economies have pledged to pay for a fair distribution of coronavirus vaccines, drugs and tests around the world, amid global concerns that the pandemic would further deepen divisions between the rich and the poor across the world.
- Leaders at G-20 Summit Vow to Make COVID Vaccine Widely Available VOA 22 Nov 2020 -- The Group of 20 virtual summit vowed Sunday to spare no effort in making a COVID-19 vaccine widely available to all populations.
- Countries Begin Planning COVID Vaccine Distribution VOA 22 Nov 2020 -- Countries are beginning to lay out plans to distribute vaccines against COVID-19 Sunday, with Germany and the United States preparing to vaccinate some populations as early as next month.
- Top US Coronavirus Experts Endorse Prospective Vaccines VOA 22 Nov 2020 -- Two of the leading U.S. coronavirus experts said Sunday they personally would have no worry about receiving either of the vaccines that are under final review, but voiced concern about the continuing skepticism of the American public.
- Trump appears to admit COVID is 'running wild' in US Press TV 22 Nov 2020 -- President Donald Trump appears to have admitted that coronavirus is "running wild" across the US despite his statements throughout the election campaign that the United States was "rounding the turn" on the pandemic.
- NYS COVID-19 test positivity rates trend mixed: governor Global Times 22 Nov 2020 -- The COVID-19 test positivity rate in the focus areas under New York state's micro-cluster strategy, where the outbreak is targeted by the state for its severity, was 4.34 percent on Friday, down from 4.55 percent one day earlier, Governor Andrew Cuomo tweeted on Saturday.
- Rush Transcript: Governor Cuomo Updates New Yorkers on State's Progress During COVID-19 Pandemic New York State 22 Nov 2020
- U.S. COVID-19 cases surpass 12 mln -- Johns Hopkins University People's Daily 22 Nov 2020 -- The total number of COVID-19 cases in the United States topped 12 million on Saturday, according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 22 Nov 2020
- Local outbreak resurfaces in several Chinese cities as winter comes Global Times 22 Nov 2020 -- While COVID-19 epidemic could rebound in some places in China, with at least three Chinese cities - Shanghai, Tianjin and Inner Mongolia's Manzhouli in North China - reporting COVID-19 infections in recent days, Chinese experts assured the public that the experience China has accumulated since earlier outbreaks this year would help the country cope with risk of a possible second wave of the epidemic mainly caused by imported goods.
- Three Shanghai communities declared medium-risk areas after five people diagnosed with COVID-19 Global Times 22 Nov 2020 -- The Mingtian Huacheng residential community in Shanghai's Zhoupu town was locked down about two hours after two COVID-19 cases involving local residents were confirmed, a security guard who asked not to be named told the Global Times on Sunday.
- Tianjin tests 1.7 million residents in one day amid local COVID-19 spike Global Times 22 Nov 2020 -- North China's Tianjin Municipality has completed nucleic acid tests on 1.7 million residents in the Binhai New District since large-scale screening started on Saturday morning, after five local infection cases were recently found.
- China's major port city Tianjin starts mass testing of 2.6 million residents as new cases emerge Global Times 22 Nov 2020 -- Tianjin, a city near Beijing, has been conducting mass nucleic acid testing on all 2.6 million residents in one of its districts after several people there tested positive for COVID-19 in the past days.
- China sees surge in COVID-19 contaminated imported food, calls for circuit breaker mechanism for imports Global Times 22 Nov 2020 -- South China's Guangdong Province reported two new cases of imported food testing positive for coronavirus on Saturday. Packaging of chicken wings imported from Argentina (batch number: BDAICA) and frozen chicken feet imported from Russia (batch number: 2308) in Dongguan city tested positive.
- Update: China-Russia border city Manzhouli to test all 300,000 residents after 2 local infections reported Global Times 22 Nov 2020 -- North China's port city of Manzhouli, China's largest land port bordering Russia, has entered quasi-lockdown mode, with 300,000 local residents to be given nucleic acid tests after two local COVID-19 infections were reported on Saturday whose sources of infection remain unclear.
- Shanghai reports one more local COVID-19 case as more residents undergo tests Global Times 22 Nov 2020 -- Shanghai reported one new local COVID-19 case and three imported cases on Saturday, the Shanghai Health Commission announced on Sunday, noting that the local patient lives in the Pudong New Area and is a co-worker of the airport freight security checker confirmed to have contracted the COVID-19 virus on Friday, with four close contacts under medical observation.
- Hong Kong's daily COVID-19 infections hit 3-month high Global Times 22 Nov 2020 -- Hong Kong on Saturday reported the highest number of daily new cases of COVID-19 in about three months, with the authorities toughening up measures to fend off a new wave of the coronavirus outbreak.
- China tightens COVID-19 prevention in blood donation People's Daily 22 Nov 2020 -- The National Health Commission has released a guideline on the COVID-19 prevention and control work at blood donation stations to ensure the safety of health workers and donors as well as secure blood supplies in autumn and winter.
- Shanghai reports 1 new domestically transmitted COVID-19 case People's Daily 22 Nov 2020 -- Shanghai reported one new confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 case on Saturday, local authorities said.
- Two new local COVID-19 cases reported in Chinese border city People's Daily 22 Nov 2020 -- Two new locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases were reported Saturday in a border city of north China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, the regional health commission said.
- Tianjin reports 5 new domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 22 Nov 2020 -- Five new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases were confirmed in north China's Tianjin Municipality on Friday, local authorities said Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports 3 new domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 22 Nov 2020 -- China's National Health Commission said Sunday that it received reports of 17 newly confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Saturday, including three domestically transmitted and 14 imported cases.
- 9 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 22 Nov 2020 -- The National Health Commission said Sunday that nine COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports 14 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 22 Nov 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported 14 new imported COVID-19 cases on Saturday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 3,775, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- France reports 17,881 new confirmed Covid-19 cases in 24 hours SPA 22 Nov 2020 -- The number of new coronavirus infections in France rose by 17,881 on Saturday, lower than the 22,882 reported on Friday.
- Sputnik V COVID Vaccine Price WIll be Much Lower Than That of Pfizer, Moderna, Developers Say Sputnik 22 Nov 2020 -- The statement comes shortly after US pharmaceutical company Moderna announced that it would charge countries that want to buy its candidate vaccine against COVID-19 between $25 and $37 per dose.
- Russia reports 24,581 new coronavirus cases in past 24 hours SPA 22 Nov 2020 -- Russia on Sunday reported a daily increase of 24,581 new coronavirus infections, taking the national tally to 2,089,329, according to Reuters.
- India's COVID-19 tally reaches 9,095,806 Global Times 22 Nov 2020 -- India's COVID-19 tally reached 9,095,806 on Sunday as 45,209 new cases were registered during the past 24 hours, said the latest data from the federal health ministry.
- Centre rushes high level teams to Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and Uttar Pradesh to support the States in COVID response and management India PIB 22 Nov 2020 -- The Union Government has decided to depute high level Central Teams to Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Himachal Pradesh to support the States in COVID response and management. These States have been either reporting a rise in the number of active cases i.e. those who are hospitalized or are in home isolation under medical supervision, or demonstrating a rise in the daily new cases.
- Official: COVID-19 kills 475 more in Iran IRNA 22 Nov 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Sunday that a total of 475 more Iranians have died from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 44,802.
- Health Ministry: 224 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, 489 Recoveries Reported, in Saudi Arabia SPA 22 Nov 2020 -- The Ministry of Health announced in a statement here today that 224 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 355,258, including 6,107 active cases undergoing treatment.
- Six new imported cases of COVID-19 recorded in Taiwan CNA 22 Nov 2020 -- Taiwan reported six new imported cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, bringing the total number in the country to 617 since the pandemic began late last year, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said.
- Gaza health system only days away from being overwhelmed by COVID-19: Experts Press TV 22 Nov 2020 -- Public health experts have warned that a sharp rise in the number of Palestinians infected with COVID-19 in the besieged Gaza Strip can overwhelm the impoverished enclave's fragile health system.
- Egypt reports 358 new COVID-19 cases and 14 deaths SPA 22 Nov 2020 -- Egypt announced that it has reported 358 new coronavirus COVID-19 cases and 14 deaths today.
- Belarus to Produce First Batch of Russian COVID-19 Vaccine This Year, Acting Health Minister Says Sputnik 22 Nov 2020 -- Belarus will produce Sputnik V, the first batch of the Russian vaccine against the coronavirus, before the end of the year, Acting Health Minister Dmitry Pinevich said on Sunday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|