15 November 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- India, Afghanistan Reject Terror-Related Charges by Pakistan VOA 15 Nov 2020 -- Afghanistan and India Sunday refuted allegations they are the source of terrorist attacks in Pakistan and instead questioned counterterrorism credentials of their South Asian neighbor.
- New Delhi Rebuffs Islamabad's 'Proof' of Indian Support to Militant Groups Sputnik 15 Nov 2020 -- On Saturday, 14 November, Pakistan claimed it would present evidence to the United Nations and other international bodies that India has been involved with militant organisations on its soil. The claim was made by Pakistan's Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi after the armies of both countries engaged in cross-border firing on the eve of Diwali.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- More Than 54 Million Global Coronavirus Infections VOA 15 Nov 2020 -- More than 54 million coronavirus cases have been confirmed around the world, the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center reported Sunday.
- US Health Officials: Trump Hindering Coronavirus Care by Blocking Transition to Biden VOA 15 Nov 2020 -- As coronavirus infections surge in the U.S., infectious disease health experts said Sunday that President Donald Trump's refusal to concede his reelection loss to Democrat Joe Biden has kept them from handing off key information to the incoming Biden officials to help curb the pandemic.
- Rush Transcript: Governor Cuomo Delivers Remarks on Trump Administration's Vaccination Distribution Plan New York State 15 Nov 2020
- Los Angeles reports record daily increase in COVID-19 cases since summer surge Global Times 15 Nov 2020 -- Los Angeles County, the most populous county in the United States, reported Saturday a record single-day increase in confirmed COVID-19 cases since the summer surge in July.
- NY governor refutes U.S. president's vaccine claim, gears up for more severe scenario People's Daily 15 Nov 2020 -- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said on Saturday that COVID-19 vaccines are created by drug companies, not by U.S. president and the government, targeting President Donald Trump's latest tweet saying that "the Trump Administration has produced a great and safe VACCINE far ahead of schedule."
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 15 Nov 2020
- Zhejiang city starts 2nd round of COVID-19 vaccine injections, only for those going overseas Global Times 15 Nov 2020 -- Yiwu in East China's Zhejiang Province has launched a second round of injections of a COVID-19 vaccine produced by Sinovac for emergency inoculation, despite Western media hyping safety concerns over the vaccine following the death of a Brazilian volunteer, which turned out to be unrelated to the vaccine.
- China halts some Indian cuttlefish imports after COVID-19 found on packages Global Times 15 Nov 2020 -- Chinese Customs has halted some Indian cuttlefish imports after certain packaging tested positive for COVID-19, a move that could affect Indian seafood export industry, experts said.
- Chinese vaccine cold-chain suppliers see order boom from US Global Times 15 Nov 2020 -- Chinese makers of cold-chain equipment for medical use are running at full swing to meet booming orders from pandemic-hit countries such as the US, with a looming shortage of cryogenic storage freezers.
- Evolving coronavirus situation to put pressure on economy: HK financial secretary Global Times 15 Nov 2020 -- If the coronavirus situation continues to evolve, the Hong Kong economy will be under pressure once again, according to Hong Kong Finance Secretary Paul Chan Mo-po.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 15 Nov 2020 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports 13 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 15 Nov 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported 13 new imported COVID-19 cases Saturday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 3,693, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Chinese premier eyes further regional solidarity, cooperation against COVID-19 People's Daily 15 Nov 2020 -- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang on Saturday called for further solidarity and cooperation with regional countries in fighting against the COVID-19 pandemic, along with the safeguarding of peace and stability.
- Russia Reports 22,572 New Coronavirus Cases in past 24 Hours SPA 15 Nov 2020 -- Russia on Sunday reported a daily increase of 22,572 new coronavirus infections, taking the national tally to 1,925,825, Reuters reported.
- India reports less than 50K New Daily Cases since the last 8 days India PIB 15 Nov 2020 -- India has reported less than 50,000 new daily cases for the eight continuous day. In the last 24 hours, only 41,100 persons were found to be infected with COVID in India. Daily New Cases last crossed the 50K threshold on 7th November. Apart from the successful dissemination of COVID Appropriate Behaviour among the varied population groups, this trend assumes wider significance as many countries in Europe and America continue to see a surge in their daily numbers.
- Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah directs slew of measures for controlling the spread of Covid-19 in Delhi at a review meeting India PIB 15 Nov 2020 -- Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah today reviewed the Covid-19 situation in Delhi, in the backdrop of rising number of cases and the increasing strain on the capacity of medical infrastructure in the hospitals of the Capital. The meeting was attended by Union Health Minister, Lt. Governor, Delhi; Chief Minister, Delhi; Health Minister, Delhi; Home Secretary; Secretary, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW); Dr. V.K Paul; Director, AIIMS; Director General, ICMR; Secretary, DRDO; Director General, Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS) and other senior officials.
- Iran orders 4-fold increase in number of COVID-19 outpatient centers Press TV 15 Nov 2020 -- Iran would increase the number of its outpatient centers to deal with COVID-19, the disease caused by the coroanvirus pandemic, by more than four times after President Hassan Rouhani ordered a ramp-up of measures to tackle the virus amid a renewed surge in the number of positive cases in the country.
- Rouhani: Gov't forced to impose new restrictions, extend holidays IRNA 15 Nov 2020 -- President Hassan Rouhani said on Sunday that due to an increase in mortality and heavy pressure on the health sector, the government is forced to impose new restrictions and extend lockdown to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
- Official: COVID-19 kills 459 more in Iran IRNA 15 Nov 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Sunday that some 459 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 41,493.
- Iran makes advances to produce COVID-19 vaccine IRNA 15 Nov 2020 -- Iranian researchers have made advances to produce vaccine for coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
- Health Ministry Spokesman: 305 New Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 15 Nov 2020 -- Assistant Minister of Health and Official Spokesman of the Ministry of Health Dr. Muhammad Al-Abdulaali said in a press conference here today that 305 new confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 353,255 cases, including 7,294 active cases receiving necessary medical care.
- Taiwan records two new imported cases of COVID-19 CNA 15 Nov 2020 -- Two new imported cases of COVID-19 were confirmed in Taiwan on Sunday, bringing the total number in the country to 602 since the outbreak began at the end of last year, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said.
- Highest Anti-epidemic Vigilance Maintained in DPRK KCNA 15 Nov 2020 -- The emergency campaign for maintaining vigilance and all-people unity of action against inroads of globally spreading COVID-19 is intensified across the DPRK.
- Cameroon Says COVID Worsens Diabetes Burden VOA 15 Nov 2020 -- This year's U.N. World Diabetes Day on Nov. 14 was observed in Cameroon with medical staff all over the central African state encouraging those with the disease to return to hospitals for treatment.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|