12 November 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- Joint Statement from Elections Infrastructure Government Coordinating Council & the Election Infrastructure Sector Coordinating Executive Committees CISA 12 Nov 2020 -- "The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history. Right now, across the country, election officials are reviewing and double checking the entire election process prior to finalizing the result."
- Austria government approves range of anti-terrorism measures Press TV 12 Nov 2020 -- Austria's government has approved a wide range of anti-terrorism measures, days after a sympathizer of the Takfiri Daesh terrorist group went on a shooting rampage in the heart of the capital, Vienna, killing four people and wounding nearly two dozen others.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Worldwide Coronavirus Cases Cross 51.81 Million, Death Toll at 1,279,029 SPA 12 Nov 2020 -- More than 51.81 million people have been reported to be infected by the novel coronavirus globally and 1,279,029 have died, according to a Reuters tally.
- Seafarers, heroes of the pandemic as shipping plays vital role in crisis UN News 12 Nov 2020 -- The global shipping industry has played a vital role in the global response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and demand for its services has limited the annual decline in maritime trade volumes to around 4.1 per cent in 2020, the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) said in its annual report on the shipping industry on Thursday.
- Sniffer Dogs Rival Science at Detecting Coronavirus VOA 12 Nov 2020 -- Finland's latest weapons in the fight against the coronavirus are named Kossi, E.T. and Miina.
- Technology, Expertise Help Determine Vaccine Distribution DoD News 12 Nov 2020 -- Ten military officers assigned to Operation Warp Speed are embedded at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to assist the allocation and distribution of COVID-19 vaccine.
- Navy Publishes Scientific Paper on USS Theodore Roosevelt COVID-19 Outbreak US Navy 12 Nov 2020 -- A multidisciplinary team of U.S. Navy Medicine personnel published a comprehensive analysis of the spring 2020 USS Theodore Roosevelt SARS-CoV-2 outbreak in the New England Journal of Medicine Nov. 11.
- Navy/Marine Corps COVID-19 Study Findings Published in New England Journal of Medicine US Navy 12 Nov 2020 -- Implementing best practice public health measures on their own among young adults may not be enough to prevent SARS-CoV-2 transmission, and additional actions, such as widespread and repeated testing, are recommended to reduce the risk of viral spread, according to research published today in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- U.S. reports record daily increase of 134,383 COVID-19 cases People's Daily 12 Nov 2020 -- The United States reported 134,383 new COVID-19 cases Tuesday, a record daily increase since the onset of the pandemic in the country, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said Wednesday.
- U.S. COVID-19 hospitalizations hit all-time high People's Daily 12 Nov 2020 -- The United States is experiencing an unprecedented surge of COVID-19 hospitalizations as over 61,000 hospitalized cases have been reported currently across the country, according to the latest data of The COVID Tracking Project.
- New York state adjusts designation of COVID-19 micro-cluster focus areas People's Daily 12 Nov 2020 -- Based on the latest data metrics, New York state on Wednesday adjusted its designation of COVID-19 micro-cluster focus areas where the pandemic has been the most severe, and put in place more restrictions on activities where people tend to congregate amid a national surge of COVID-19 cases.
- Hospitalizations hit all-time high as US sets another record for COVID-19 cases Press TV 12 Nov 2020 -- Hospitals across the United States have come under pressure once again as the coronavirus infection rate climbed amid signs of a second wave of the outbreak.
- US Daily Coronavirus Cases Hit Record 144,000 as Third Wave Rages SPA 12 Nov 2020 -- The United States set a record for new coronavirus cases for a second consecutive day, reporting more than 144,000 new infections for yesterday, Wednesday, dpa reported.
- US COVID-19 Model Projects Nearly 400,000 Deaths by February as Cases Surge Sputnik 12 Nov 2020 -- A forecasting model is now predicting that the US will exceed 399,000 COVID-19-related deaths by February 1.
- US Sets New Single-Day Record for COVID-19 Cases, Hospitalizations VOA 12 Nov 2020 -- The United States set another single-day record for the number of COVID-19 infections on Wednesday.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 12 Nov 2020
- Tianjin suspends frozen food market after virus found on products for two consecutive days Global Times 12 Nov 2020 -- North China's Tianjin Municipality on Thursday suspended the operations of a local market after finding COVID-19 on its cold-chain products for two consecutive days.
- Tianjin coronavirus cases belong to European strain, similar to Beijing and Hebei flare-ups Global Times 12 Nov 2020 -- The COVID-19 strain taken from samples of the confirmed case found in North China's Tianjin shows that the virus belongs to the L genotype of the European branch, sharing a high similarity to the confirmed cases in Beijing's Xinfadi market and Hebei Province from June to July.
- Over 70,000 stranded Chinese citizens brought back home amid pandemic Global Times 12 Nov 2020 -- China has brought back home more than 70,000 Chinese citizens stranded in 92 countries amid the COVID-19 epidemic, the deputy minister of the Chinese foreign ministry said, assuring the public that the Chinese government pays a lot of attention to the living conditions for Chinese people overseas.
- Hong Kong residents in Guangdong, Macao can return without quarantine from late November People's Daily 12 Nov 2020 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government decided on Wednesday to launch the "Return2hk" travel scheme which allows Hong Kong residents returning from neighboring Guangdong Province or the Macao SAR to be exempted from a 14-day quarantine on meeting certain requirements since Nov. 23.
- China's Qingdao cleared of COVID-19 cases People's Daily 12 Nov 2020 -- The eastern Chinese city of Qingdao has seen the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases drop to zero, the local health commission said Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports one new locally transmitted COVID-19 case People's Daily 12 Nov 2020 -- The Chinese mainland on Wednesday reported one new locally transmitted COVID-19 case in northern city of Tianjin, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- China's Xinjiang reports no new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 12 Nov 2020 -- No new confirmed COVID-19 cases or asymptomatic cases were reported in northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region on Wednesday, the regional health commission said Thursday.
- Central Chinese city reports one imported asymptomatic COVID-19 case People's Daily 12 Nov 2020 -- The city of Qianjiang in central China's Hubei Province reported one new imported asymptomatic COVID-19 case Tuesday, local authorities said Wednesday.
- Xinjiang reports no new confirmed, asymptomatic COVID-19 cases for 3 days People's Daily 12 Nov 2020 -- Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region has reported no new confirmed or asymptomatic cases of COVID-19 for three consecutive days, as of Tuesday.
- Spain's COVID-19 death toll passes 40,000 mark People's Daily 12 Nov 2020 -- The COVID-19 death toll in Spain has passed the 40,000 mark, showed the Health Ministry data Wednesday.
- UK coronavirus death toll tops 50,000 People's Daily 12 Nov 2020 -- The number of people who have died with coronavirus in Britain has passed 50,000, according to government figures released Wednesday.
- Germany reports 18,487 new COVID-19 cases as dynamics slow down People's Daily 12 Nov 2020 -- Germany reported 18,487 new COVID-19 cases within a day, bringing the total to 705,687, the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) announced on Wednesday.
- Germany Sees Signs for Cautious Optimism in COVID-19 Cases VOA 12 Nov 2020 -- The head of Germany's infectious disease institute said Thursday that while the COVID-19 threat in the country remains high, and some hospitals are reaching capacity, he is cautiously optimistic.
- Confirmed COVID-19 cases in Italy exceeds 1 million Global Times 12 Nov 2020 -- The COVID-19 cases in Italy exceeded one million on Wednesday, official statistics by the Health Ministry showed.
- Confirmed COVID-19 cases in Italy exceeds 1 million People's Daily 12 Nov 2020 -- The COVID-19 cases in Italy exceeded one million on Wednesday, official statistics by the Health Ministry showed.
- Italy Reports 37,978 Daily Coronavirus Cases, 636 Deaths SPA 12 Nov 2020 -- Italy has registered 37,978 new coronavirus infections over the past 24 hours, Reuters cited the health ministry said today, on Thursday, up from 32,961 on Wednesday.
- Tibet drug firm inks deal to sell Russia's Sputnik V vaccine Global Times 12 Nov 2020 -- Shanghai-listed Tibet Rhodiola Pharmaceutical Holding Co said its subsidiary Topridge Pharma has entered into a deal on the registration, import, production and sales of Russia's Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine in China in a cooperation deal valued at $9 million.
- India's COVID-19 tally reaches 8,683,916 Global Times 12 Nov 2020 -- India's COVID-19 tally reached 8,683,916 on Thursday as 47,905 new cases were registered across the country in the past 24 hours, said latest data released by the federal health ministry.
- India reports less than 50K Daily New Cases for the 5th continuous day India PIB 12 Nov 2020 -- For the successive fifth day, new cases reported in the last 24 hours did not cross the 50,000 mark. 47,905 persons have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 24 hours.
- Three-Story Graves: Iran Struggles To Cope With Raging Coronavirus Pandemic RFE/RL 12 Nov 2020 -- As the coronavirus began its spread around the world early this year, Iran quickly found itself facing the worst outbreak in the Middle East.
- US sanctions hampered Iran from combating COVID-19: Oil minister IRNA 12 Nov 2020 -- Iranian Petroleum Minister Bijan Zangeneh said on Thursday sanctions imposed by the United States have hampered Iran from combating COVID-19.
- Official: 457 more Iranians die from COVID-19 over past 24 hours IRNA 12 Nov 2020 -- Some 457 people in Iran have died as a result of the coronavirus disease over the past 24 hours, Iranian Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Thursday.
- US responsible for coronavirus deaths in Iran: Petroleum minister Press TV 12 Nov 2020 -- Iran's Petroleum Minister Bijan Zanganeh says the United States is responsible for deaths of over 400 Iranians per day due to coronavirus infection as Washington prevents Tehran's access to financial resources it needs to fight the pandemic.
- Iran hopes to begin Phase III trials for COVID-19 vaccine in June Press TV 12 Nov 2020 -- A coronavirus vaccine being developed in Iran could reach Phase III trials in June, says a senior Iranian official.
- Health Ministry: 311 New Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 12 Nov 2020 -- The Ministry of Health said in a statement today that 311 new confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 352,160 cases, including 7,441 active cases receiving necessary medical care. Of these, there are 798 critical cases, while the health condition of the rest is stable.
- Five Indonesian women test positive for COVID-19 in Taiwan CNA 12 Nov 2020 -- Five Indonesian women who recently traveled to Taiwan to work have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total number of cases in the country to 589, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Ukraine's President, Chief Of Presidential Office Hospitalized Due To COVID-19 RFE/RL 12 Nov 2020 -- Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskiy and the head of his office have been hospitalized after contracting the coronavirus earlier this week.
- Ukrainian President Hospitalized Due to COVID-19 VOA 12 Nov 2020 -- Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskiy and the head of his office have been hospitalized after contracting the coronavirus earlier this week.
- S. African president issues warning against COVID-19 resurgence People's Daily 12 Nov 2020 -- With COVID-19 cases flaring up again in some parts of South Africa, President Cyril Ramaphosa warned against complacency about the virus in a television address on Wednesday.
- Greek-Turkish Rivalry Persists, Even in Celebration of Possible Coronavirus Vaccine VOA 12 Nov 2020 -- Greece and Turkey have long been at loggerheads over a host of issues â€“ from a scattering of uninhabited islands in the Aegean Sea that divide them, to the origins of souvlaki.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|