27 September 2020 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Global COVID-19 deaths surpass 990,000 -- Johns Hopkins University People's Daily 27 Sep 2020 -- Global COVID-19 deaths surpassed 990,000 on Saturday, according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University.
- Worldwide coronavirus cases cross 32.53 million, death toll at 986,655 SPA 27 Sep 2020 -- More than 32.53 million people have been reported to be infected by the novel coronavirus globally and 986,655 have died, according to a Reuters tally.
- Remarks by President Trump in Press Briefing | September 27, 2020 The White House 27 Sep 2020
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 27 Sep 2020
- Hong Kong adding new medical facilities against possible winter outbreak of COVID-19 People's Daily 27 Sep 2020 -- With the central government's support, Hong Kong is building a makeshift hospital and adding new treatment facilities in AsiaWorld-Expo (AWE) in case a new wave of the COVID-19 epidemic breaks out in winter.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 27 Sep 2020 -- No new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases were reported Saturday across the Chinese mainland, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- COVID-19 vaccine volunteers get second dose to determine validity Global Times 27 Sep 2020 -- China's earliest COVID-19 vaccine volunteers were offered a second dose on Sunday to strengthen their immunity after getting their first one in March. Volunteers will start a new one-year observation after the injection and their blood samples will be collected at least five times to measure their antibody levels.
- Russia Reports 7,867 New Coronavirus Cases, Highest since June 20 SPA 27 Sep 2020 -- Russia's daily tally of new coronavirus cases hit its highest level since June 20 on Sunday at 7,867, bringing its total to 1,151,438, the country's coronavirus task force reported, according to Reuters.
- Iran confirms 3,204 new COVID-19 cases, 443,086 in total Global Times 27 Sep 2020 -- The total number of COVID-19 infections confirmed in Iran reached 443,086 on Saturday, after an overnight registration of 3,204 cases, Iran's Ministry of Health and Medical Education announced.
- Official: COVID-19 kills 195 more in Iran IRNA 27 Sep 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Sunday that some 195 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 25,589.
- Health Ministry Spokesperson: Second Wave of COVID-19 Means Increasing in Cases after Significant Decline, No Mutation of Coronavirus Recorded Globally SPA 27 Sep 2020 -- Assistant Minister of Health and Spokesperson of the Ministry of Health Dr. Mohammed Al-Abdulaali affirmed here today that the second wave of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) means increasing in the cases after a significant decline, affirming that no mutation of the virus was recorded globally. He pointed out that the incubation period of the Coronavirus is 14 days.
- Taiwan will not import COVID-19 vaccines made in China: minister CNA 27 Sep 2020 -- Taiwan will not import COVID-19 vaccines manufactured in China due to a longstanding policy against importing China-made vaccines and other biological products, Minister of Health and Welfare Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) reiterated Sunday.
- Over 500 arrested for violating COVID-19 rules in Myanmar in a week Global Times 27 Sep 2020 -- A total of 525 people were arrested in Myanmar in a week for violating the COVID-19 rules, state-run media quoted Myanmar Police Force as saying on Sunday.
- Number of COVID-19 infections inches closer to 10,000 in Myanmar Global Times 27 Sep 2020 -- The number of COVID-19 infection cases in Myanmar reached 9,991 on Saturday night, said a release from the Health and Sports Ministry.
- Turkey reports 1,511 new COVID-19 cases, 312,966 in total Global Times 27 Sep 2020 -- Turkey's daily COVID-19 cases increased by 1,511 on Saturday, raising the total diagnosed patients to 312,966, the Turkish Health Ministry announced.
- Peru not to repeat early difficulties of COVID-19 outbreak: president Global Times 27 Sep 2020 -- Peruvian President Martin Vizcarra said on Saturday that the country is not looking to repeat the difficult situation it faced with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in March when the health crisis first began in the country.
- Colombia Passes Grim Milestone of 800,000 Coronavirus Cases, More Than 25,000 Deaths SPA 27 Sep 2020 -- Coronavirus cases in Colombia, which is nearly a month into a national reopening after a long quarantine, surpassed 800,000 on Saturday, a day after deaths from COVID-19 climbed above 25,000, according to Reuters.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|