20 September 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- Global Banks Reported $2 Trillion In Suspicious Transactions Over Two Decades, New Report Shows RFE/RL 20 Sep 2020 -- Global banks moved over a nearly two-decade period more than $2 trillion in payments they believed were suspicious, according to a new investigative report that raises questions about whether financial institutions and governments are doing enough to stop illicit money flows.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Worldâ€™s COVID-19 Cases Continue to Rise VOA 20 Sep 2020 -- COVID-19 infections continue their rapid spread. The number of cases has surpassed 30.8 million, according to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center.
- Worldwide Coronavirus Cases Cross 30.71 Million, Death Toll at 953,901 SPA 20 Sep 2020 -- More than 30.71 million people have been reported to be infected by the novel coronavirus globally and 953,901 have died, according to a Reuters tally.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 20 Sep 2020
- Yunnan in â€˜wartime modeâ€™ against illegal crossing after confirmed COVID-19 cases Global Times 20 Sep 2020 -- Southwest China's Yunnan Province announced it entered "wartime mode" on Saturday after two people, who illegally crossed into the border city of Ruili from Myanmar, were confirmed to have COVID-19.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 20 Sep 2020 -- No new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases were reported Saturday across the Chinese mainland, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- 13 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 20 Sep 2020 -- The National Health Commission said Sunday that 13 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland Saturday.
- China eases restrictions on theaters as COVID-19 wanes People's Daily 20 Sep 2020 -- China has eased restrictions on theaters and other performance venues, including raising the cap on audience numbers, as the COVID-19 epidemic has waned in the country.
- Level 3 COVID-19 response declared for Irish capital Dublin Global Times 20 Sep 2020 -- Irish Prime Minister Micheal Martin on Friday evening declared a Level 3 response for the country's capital Dublin in order to suppress the rapid rise in the number of COVID-19 cases in the city over the past few weeks.
- COVID hospitals in India India PIB 20 Sep 2020 -- As per the information provided by the States/ UTs on the Covid-19 Portal, State-wise details of Covid dedicated facilities and ICU beds in COVID dedicated facilities (Government and Private both) as on 18th September 2020 is given at Annexure.
- India registers a record number of High Recoveries India PIB 20 Sep 2020 -- India has reported high recoveries of more than 94,000 for two successive days.
- India scales yet another PEAK- Records all-time High of DAILY TESTING India PIB 20 Sep 2020 -- India has crossed a crucial milestone in the fight against COVID-19. In a landmark achievement, for the first time, a record number of more than 12 lakh COVID tests have been conducted in a single day.
- Rouhani Warns Against A Disease More Dangerous Than COVID-19 Radio Farda 20 Sep 2020 -- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has referred to a virus in Iran's neighborhood that is "more dangerous" than COVID-19.
- COVID-19 kills 183 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 20 Sep 2020 -- Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Sunday that some 183 more Iranians have died from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours.
- Health Ministry Spokesman: 1009 Recoveries from COVID-19 in Saudi Arabia, Tally at 310,439 SPA 20 Sep 2020 -- Assistant Minister of Health and Official Spokesman of the Ministry of Health Dr. Muhammad Al-Abdulaali said in a press conference today that 483 new confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 329,754 cases, including 14,830 active cases receiving necessary medical care. Of these, there are 1,138 critical cases, while the health condition of the rest is stable.
- One new imported COVID-19 case brings total in Taiwan to 507 CNA 20 Sep 2020 -- Taiwan recorded one new imported case of COVID-19 infection on Sunday, bringing its total number to 507 since the first one was recorded on Jan. 21, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- UAE Announces 674 New COVID-19 Cases, 761 Recoveries, No Deaths in last 24 hours SPA 20 Sep 2020 -- The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention announced Sunday that it conducted 97,251 additional COVID-19 tests over the past 24 hours, using state-of-the-art medical testing equipment.
- Indonesia reports 3,989 new coronavirus infections, 105 deaths SPA 20 Sep 2020 -- Indonesia reported 3,989 new coronavirus cases on Sunday, taking the total to 244,676, data from the country's health ministry showed, according to Reuters.
- Brazil Reports 33,057 new Coronavirus Cases, 739 Deaths SPA 20 Sep 2020 -- Brazil recorded 33,057 additional confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in the past 24 hours, and 739 deaths from the disease, Reuters quoted the Brazilian Health Ministry said on Saturday.
- Australia to Allow More Citizens Stranded by COVID-19 Border Controls to Return VOA 20 Sep 2020 -- Australia will allow more of its citizens stranded overseas by COVID-19 border controls to return home. The current weekly cap of 4,000 arrivals, who must go into mandatory hotel quarantine for 14 days, is to be increased by 1,500 by mid-October.
- Morocco reports 1927 cases of Coronavirus SPA 20 Sep 2020 -- Morocco reported today 1927 new cases of novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the total to 101,743 cases.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|