06 September 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- UN warns first coronavirus-induced famines to hit countries soon Press TV 06 Sep 2020 -- The top humanitarian official of the United Nations has warned that the first famines of the coronavirus era could soon hit Yemen, South Sudan, northeast Nigeria and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 06 Sep 2020
- Over 1 mln people pre-register for mass COVID-19 testing in Hong Kong People's Daily 06 Sep 2020 -- More than 1 million Hong Kong residents have pre-registered for the ongoing mass testing program of COVID-19 by noon of Saturday as Hong Kong is striving to stop the spread of the virus.
- 18 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 06 Sep 2020 -- The National Health Commission said Sunday that 18 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 06 Sep 2020 -- No new locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases were reported Saturday across the Chinese mainland, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- France Reports 8,550 New Daily COVID-19 Infections SPA 06 Sep 2020 -- French health authorities reported 8,550 new confirmed coronavirus cases today, on Saturday, down from Friday's 8,975, Reuters reported.
- Russia's COVID-19 cases up 5,195 to 1,025,505 People's Daily 06 Sep 2020 -- Russia registered 5,195 new COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours, taking its caseload to 1,025,505, the country's COVID-19 response center said in a statement Sunday.
- Russia Reports 5,195 New Coronavirus Cases and 61 Deaths SPA 06 Sep 2020 -- Russia reported 5,195 new coronavirus cases on Sunday taking its total to 1,025,505, the fourth largest in the world, Reuters reported.
- COVID-19-Best Practices India PIB 06 Sep 2020 -- As the pandemic enters the ninth month in India, the Centre has steadfastly led the response and management strategy for COVID with a sharp focus on the management of the pandemic in the States and UTs.
- India continues with its Recoveries Spike: Highest ever single day record of 73,642 in last 24 hours India PIB 06 Sep 2020 -- The spike in the daily recovered COVID-19 patients continues in the country. For the second successive day, India has clocked a record recovery of more than 70,000 patients in a single day.
- Union Health Secretary engages with Health Secretaries of 6 States/UT exhibiting high surge, caseload and fatality India PIB 06 Sep 2020 -- The Union Health Ministry has been proactively monitoring the trajectory of the COVID pandemic and has been undertaking impactful interactions with the concerned State/UT authorities to guide the administration of districts exhibiting a surge in the COVID cases and having high active caseload and fatality rates to improve their management of the crisis.
- Health Ministry rushes Central teams to Punjab and Chandigarh to be stationed for 10 days India PIB 06 Sep 2020 -- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has decided to deploy Central teams to Punjab and UT of Chandigarh.
- India Reports Record Number of New COVID Infections VOA 06 Sep 2020 -- India's Health Ministry reported Sunday that it had recorded 90,632 new COVID-19 infections in the previous 24-hour period, setting a world record for a one-day tally of new cases.
- Official: COVID-19 kills 139 more in Iran IRNA 06 Sep 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Sunday that some 139 more Iranians have died from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 22,293.
- Even Friendly Countries Didn't Help Iran Amidst The Pandemic Radio Farda 06 Sep 2020 -- Referring to the United States sanctions imposed on Iran, President Hassan Rouhani lamented on Saturday that even friendly countries did not come to Iran's aid amidst the coronavirus pandemic.
- Iran Medical Council Warns Against Reopening of Schools Radio Farda 06 Sep 2020 -- Mohammad Reza Zafarqandi, the government-appointed head of Iran's Medical Council (IMC), has blasted the country's Ministry of Education for deciding to reopen all schools amidst the coronavirus outbreak.
- Health Ministry Spokesperson: 756 New COVID-19 Cases Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 06 Sep 2020 -- Assistant Minister of Health and Spokesperson of the Ministry of Health Dr. Mohammed Al-Abdulaali announced in a press conference here today that 756 new confirmed cases of novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 320,688 cases, including 19,870 active cases undergoing treatment. Of these, there are 1,457 critical cases, while the health condition of the rest is stable.
- Taiwanese businessman has COVID-19 after leaving Philippines CNA 06 Sep 2020 -- A Taiwanese businessman who lives in the Philippines tested positive for COVID-19 after returning to Taiwan recently, bringing the total number of cases in Taiwan to 493, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Sunday.
- Palestine records 7 new COVID-19 deaths, 199 in total Global Times 06 Sep 2020 -- Palestine on Saturday recorded seven new death cases of the novel coronavirus, bringing the total number of deaths to 199.
- Lockdown Extended as Australia's Second-Biggest City Battles Second COVID-19 Wave VOA 06 Sep 2020 -- A strict coronavirus lockdown in the Australian city of Melbourne is being extended by two weeks. The Victoria state capital has been at the center of a second wave of infections. Authorities have said the restrictions will be eased in the months ahead if rates of new infections continue to fall.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|