04 September 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- China Has Largest Program to Interfere in US Presidential Election, White House Adviser Says Sputnik 04 Sep 2020 -- White House National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien said on Friday that China has the largest program to interfere in the 2020 US presidential election.
- Russian National Indicted for Conspiracy to Introduce Malware into a Computer Network US Dept. of Justice 04 Sep 2020 -- A federal grand jury in the District of Nevada returned an indictment today charging a Russian national for his role in a conspiracy to intentionally cause damage to a protected computer.
- Two Self-Described "Boogaloo Bois" Charged with Attempting to Provide Material Support to Hamas US Dept. of Justice 04 Sep 2020 -- The Justice Department today announced a federal criminal complaint charging Michael Robert Solomon, 30, and Benjamin Ryan Teeter, 22, with conspiring and attempting to provide material support to a designated foreign terrorist organization (Hamas).
- Trump Administration Launches First Cybersecurity Principles for Space Technologies DHS 04 Sep 2020 -- The Trump Administration announced the first comprehensive cybersecurity policy for systems used in outer space and near space today.
- Fresno Guard members help fight California wildfires Army News 04 Sep 2020 -- The smell of smoke hangs heavy in the air as the Soldiers and Airmen make their way through the burnt and barren landscape. Forcing their way through charred branches and soft dirt, they meet up with the rest of the crew, who arrived by helicopter a few hours earlier and are already at work clearing brush and roots.
- El Salvador President Denies Allegations of Negotiations With MS-13 Gang VOA 04 Sep 2020 -- El Salvador President Nayib Bukele vehemently denied allegations of collusion Friday after a report circulated by the online media outlet El Faro said his government had been engaging in talks with one of the country's most prolific gangs.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Weekly Operational Update WHO 04 Sep 2020
- WHO: Noncommunicable Diseases Increase Risk of Death From COVID-19 VOA 04 Sep 2020 -- New studies by the World Health Organization and the United Nations show people suffering from noncommunicable diseases are more susceptible to becoming severely ill and dying from COVID-19.
- WHO: No widespread COVID-19 vaccination before mid-2021 despite growing expectations Press TV 04 Sep 2020 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) said Friday it did not expect widespread immunization against the novel coronavirus until mid-2021, despite growing expectations in the US and beyond that a vaccine could be released within weeks.
- COVID-19 impact on treatment for chronic illness revealed UN News 04 Sep 2020 -- The COVID-19 health crisis has caused massive disruption worldwide in diagnosing and treating people with deadly but preventable diseases, including more than one in two cancer patients, UN health experts said on Friday.
- UNICEF to lead global procurement, supply of COVID vaccines UN News 04 Sep 2020 -- UN Children's Fund (UNICEF) will be leading procurement and supply of COVID-19 vaccinations to ensure that all countries have safe, fast and equitable access to initial doses when they are available, the agency has announced.
- DOD Awards Goldbelt Security, LLC, $125 Million in Support of National COVID-19 Vaccination Strategy DoD 04 Sep 2020 -- On August 31, 2020, the Department of Defense (DOD), in support of the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS), part of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), awarded $125 million to Goldbelt Security, LLC to procure 530 million syringes and needles in support of a potential U.S. COVID-19 vaccination campaign.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 04 Sep 2020
- Remarks by President Trump in Press Briefing | September 4, 2020 The White House 04 Sep 2020
- Readout from the Vice President's Briefing with Higher Education Leaders and State and Local Officials on Campus COVID-19 Considerations The White House 04 Sep 2020
- Hong Kong's daily new COVID-19 cases remain single digit for 2 days People's Daily 04 Sep 2020 -- Hong Kong's daily new COVID-19 cases have remained under 10 for two days in a row, local authorities said.
- Another mainland COVID-19 testing team arrives in Hong Kong People's Daily 04 Sep 2020 -- Another 117 members of the mainland nucleic acid testing team arrived in Hong Kong Thursday for the Universal Community Testing Program (UCTP) that started on Sept. 1, bringing the total number of the team members to 427.
- Confusion in UK over different quarantine rules for England, Wales and Scotland Press TV 04 Sep 2020 -- Those travelling to the UK from Europe remain confused as Wales and Scotland slapped a 14-day quarantine on arrivals from Portugal but England and Northern Ireland held back from restrictions.
- Spain Reports 3,607 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 04 Sep 2020 -- Spain reported today 3,607 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 40 death cases.
- Centre exhorts the States to proactively curb the Chain of Transmission and bring Mortality below 1% India PIB 04 Sep 2020 -- Union Health Secretary Shri Rajesh Bhushan held a review meeting through video conference (VC) with the Health Secretaries of 15 districts across 5Statesof Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh today.
- With higher number of patients getting cured, India's total Recoveries surpass 30 lakh India PIB 04 Sep 2020 -- One of the goals of the TEST-TRACK-TREAT strategy of the Centre is to reduce the COVID mortality and keep the case fatality rate low. There has been sharp attention on sustaining high levels of recoveries and to strengthen the clinical treatment protocols to provide a uniform standardised level of medical care to save lives.
- India continues to scale new peaks in COVID-19 tests India PIB 04 Sep 2020 -- After having successfully achieved the goal of enhancing the daily testing capacity to more than 10 lakhs daily tests, India has scaled new peaks in COVID-19 testing for the last two successive days. For these two successive days, more than 11.70 lakh samples have been tested across the country. 11,69,765 samples were tested in the last 24 hours.
- Official: COVID-19 kills 118 more in Iran IRNA 04 Sep 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Friday that some 118 more Iranians have died from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 22,044.
- China-made masks sold in rationing program can be exchanged (update) CNA 04 Sep 2020 -- Consumers who have purchased China-made masks through the government's surgical face mask rationing program can return them starting Friday, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said.
- No masks made in China donated by Taiwan: CECC CNA 04 Sep 2020 -- None of the 3 million non-medical grade masks from China that made their way into Taiwan and were sold as government-rationed face masks were donated to other countries, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Friday.
- One new imported COVID-19 case recorded in Taiwan CNA 04 Sep 2020 -- Taiwan recorded a new imported case of COVID-19 on Friday, raising the number of total cases in the country to 490 since the outbreak began late last year, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- COVID-19 cases in Brazil surpass 4 million Global Times 04 Sep 2020 -- Brazil on Thursday said the country has more than 4 million cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) infection, after tests detected 43,773 new cases in the previous 24 hours, raising the total caseload to 4,041,638.
- Australians increasingly worried about COVID-19 as total cases surpass 26,000 People's Daily 04 Sep 2020 -- Australians are growing increasingly concerned about the coronavirus pandemic, a survey has found.
- WHO roots for equitable access to COVID-19 vaccine in Africa People's Daily 04 Sep 2020 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Thursday that donors and industry should allocate sufficient resources to ensure that African countries have access to a safe and efficacious COVID-19 vaccine.
- COVID-19: Hospitals Overwhelmed In 'Coronavirus-Free' Turkmenistan RFE/RL 04 Sep 2020 -- The global death toll from the coronavirus is more than 879,000, with more than 26 million infections confirmed, causing mass disruptions as governments continue to try to slow the spread of the respiratory illness.
- UN agency for Palestinian refugees launches $95 million appeal to keep COVID at bay UN News 04 Sep 2020 -- The COVID-19 pandemic has sparked a health and socio-economic emergency across the occupied Palestinian territory, the UN agency for the region warned on Friday, noting a swell of coronavirus cases in recent weeks.
- New Zealand Reports First COVID Death Since May VOA 04 Sep 2020 -- New Zealand has recorded its first COVID-19 death since the end of May, health officials say, bringing the country's total death tally from the virus to 23.
- Colombia Struggles to Get Past Months-long Quarantine VOA 04 Sep 2020 -- When Juan José Hincapié opened his small pizza restaurant on his street corner, the 46-year-old achieved his lifelong dream.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|