25 July 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- Portland Riots Read-out: July 25 DHS 25 Jul 2020
- US Judge Denies Portland Effort to Limit Agents During Protest Arrests VOA 25 Jul 2020 -- A U.S. judge has ruled against the (western U.S.) state of Oregon, which sought to restrain federal officers' actions during daily protests in Portland that have often spiraled into violence.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation report - 187 WHO 25 Jul 2020
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 25 Jul 2020
- DOD Awards $2.75 Million Contract to NPS to Increase Domestic Production of Meltblown Fiber DoD 25 Jul 2020 -- On July 24, the Department of Defense (DOD), in coordination with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), signed a $2.75 million contract award with NPS to increase domestic production of meltblown fiber.
- US COVID-19 hospitalization data "alarming" Global Times 25 Jul 2020 -- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported 72,219 new COVID-19 cases on Friday, as hospitalization data in the United States grew at an alarming rate this week.
- Vice Premier calls for strengthened anti-epidemic support for Xinjiang Global Times 25 Jul 2020 -- Chinese Vice Premier Sun Chunlan called on the National Health Commission to strengthen support for anti-epidemic work in Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region to ensure patients from different ethnic groups all receive high-quality treatment.
- COVID-19 Totals Continue Upward Spiral VOA 25 Jul 2020 -- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said in a BBC television interview Friday that "in the first few weeks and months" of the coronavirus outbreak his government did not understand the intricacies of the virus.
- India COVID-19 death toll rises to 31,358 as total cases reach 1,336,861 Global Times 25 Jul 2020 -- India's health ministry said on Saturday morning that 757 new deaths due to COVID-19, besides fresh 48,916 positive cases, were reported during the past 24 hours across the country, taking the number of deaths to 31,358 and total cases to 1,336,861.
- India records highest ever more than 4.2 lakh COVID tests in a single day India PIB 25 Jul 2020 -- For the first time, a record number of more than 4,20,000 COVID tests have been conducted in a single day. This elevated number comes on the heels of 3,50,000 tests having been done very day consistently over the last one week. With 4,20,898 samples tested in the last 24 hours, the Tests Per Million (TPM) has further increased to 11,485 and cumulative testing to 1,58,49,068. Both continue to maintain the upward trend.
- Official: COVID-19 kills 195 more in Iran IRNA 25 Jul 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Saturday that some 195 more Iranians have died from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 15,484.
- Rouhani Says Religious Ceremonies To Be Held Despite Pandemic In Iran Radio Farda 25 Jul 2020 -- The Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Saturday stressed the importance of holding Muharram mourning ceremonies everywhere, even in coronavirus hotspots, but also underlined that social distancing protocols including wearing masks should be observed.
- Health Ministry: More Than 217,000 Recovered from COVID-19 in Saudi Arabia SPA 25 Jul 2020 -- The Ministry of Health said in a statement today that 2,201 new confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 264,973 cases, including 44,488 active cases receiving necessary medical care. Of these, there are 2,120 critical cases, while the health condition of the rest is stable.
- MoH: ICU beds increased by 130% in Asir hospitals SPA 25 Jul 2020 -- The Ministry of Health (MoH) has announced that the intensive care unit (ICU) bed capacity in Asir hospitals has been increased by 130%, as a part of the Ministry's efforts to upgrade and improve health services in the region to meet the health needs of citizens and residents.
- Saudi Press: Saudi Arabia Takes Decisions and Measures to Maintain Safety, Health of Pilgrims during COVID-19 SPA 25 Jul 2020 -- Saudi newspapers highlighted in their editorials today a number of issues, at local, regional, and international arenas.
- N Korea declares state of emergency amid fears of first COVID-19 case Press TV 25 Jul 2020 -- North Korea has reportedly declared a state of emergency after a person suspected of having COVID-19 returned from South Korea by illegally crossing the border this month, state media said.
- North Korea Reports First Suspected Coronavirus Case Sputnik 25 Jul 2020 -- North Korea has announced that the first, suspected, coronavirus case has been registered in the country, the individual illegally crossed the border with South Korea earlier this month, the official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reports.
- North Korea Reports First Suspected Coronavirus Case VOA 25 Jul 2020 -- After months of denying it had any coronavirus infections, North Korea has reported its first suspected case, blaming an alleged defector who had recently reentered the country.
- COVID-19 Threatens Tens of Thousands of Venezuelan Refugees in Brazil VOA 25 Jul 2020 -- The U.N. refugee agency is increasing efforts to protect tens of thousands of Venezuelan refugees and migrants in Brazil and the communities hosting them from the COVID-19 pandemic, which already has claimed nearly 83,000 lives in the country.
- Brazil reports over 85,000 deaths, 2.3 mln cases of COVID-19 Global Times 25 Jul 2020 -- Brazil has registered more than 85,000 deaths and 2.3 million cases of the novel coronavirus disease so far, the country's ministry of health announced Friday.
- Indonesia Reports 1,868 New Coronavirus Cases, 49 Deaths SPA 25 Jul 2020 -- Indonesia reported 1,868 new coronavirus infections on Saturday, bringing the total to 97,286, data from the country's COVID-19 task force showed, Reuters reported.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|