21 June 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- 3 People Killed in Britain Stabbing Attack VOA 21 Jun 2020 -- Three people were killed, and three others were seriously injured in a stabbing incident in the British town of Reading on Saturday.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation report - 153 WHO 21 Jun 2020
- World updates: Coronavirus infections top 8.77 million, deaths surpass 464K Press TV 21 Jun 2020 -- The new coronavirus has so far infected at least 8,770,629 million people and claimed the lives of 464,038 across the world, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.
- Governor Cuomo Updates New Yorkers on State's Progress During COVID-19 Pandemic New York State 21 Jun 2020
- COVID Cases Continue to Rise Around the World VOA 21 Jun 2020 -- The number of global COVID-19 cases continues to rise.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 21 Jun 2020
- Experts Dismiss Talk of Second COVID Wave, Say First Still Ongoing VOA 21 Jun 2020 -- While some health experts warn of what they call a second wave of COVID-19 this fall, others say the United States – and some other parts of the world – are not over the first wave.
- Trump says he asked health officials to slow down COVID-19 testing Press TV 21 Jun 2020 -- President Donald Trump has in what appears to be a shocking admission said he encouraged US health officials to slow down coronavirus testing to prevent the number of cases being discovered from rising.
- China suspends imports of some US chicken, shuts down Pepsi factory over COVID-19 Press TV 21 Jun 2020 -- China has suspended imports of poultry from a top American producer and ordered shutdown of a Beijing Pepsi factory, saying both factories have been hit by the COVID-19 contagious disease.
- China Halts Some US Poultry Imports Amid Virus Fears VOA 21 Jun 2020 -- Beijing announced Sunday it was halting poultry imports from a plant in the United States where employees have tested positive for the coronavirus.
- Beijing daily COVID-19 testing capability may reach 1 million Global Times 21 Jun 2020 -- Beijing continues to expand its COVID-19 testing capability to meet the mounting demand for nucleic acid tests, and if it adopts batch testing, Beijing could test nearly 1 million people per day
- Beijing quickly builds makeshift lab to gear up coronavirus testing Global Times 21 Jun 2020 -- Beijing has built a makeshift bio lab and may adopt batch testing to boost the efficiency amid spike in testing demand and backlog of samples.
- Wuhan sends medical teams to aid Beijing amid COVID-19 resurgence, returns kindness Global Times 21 Jun 2020 -- Two months after Beijing's last medical team left Wuhan, Hubei Province, medical teams dispatched by six Wuhan-based hospitals arrived in Beijing on Saturday, supporting China's capital as it gears up testing capacities amid the latest resurgence of coronavirus.
- Beijing sees achievements in virus prevention with rapid, efficient measures Global Times 21 Jun 2020 -- In the past 10 days, Beijing has tested millions of residents for COVID-19 and conducted a series of measures to avoid its spread after a new wave broke out from the largest wholesale food market in the city, infecting more than 200 people. The capital city's disease control efforts have seen achievements in confronting the epidemic, and medical authorities said the outbreak is under control.
- COVID-19 may continue till mid-2021: China's top epidemiologist Global Times 21 Jun 2020 -- The global spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is likely to continue until the first half of 2021 even if vaccines become available, predicted Zhang Wenhong, a prominent Chinese infectious disease expert and leader of Shanghai's COVID-19 medical team.
- Beijing tests nearly 2.3 million people for COVID-19 People's Daily 21 Jun 2020 -- Nearly 2.3 million people in Beijing have received nucleic acid tests over the past week as the city strives to contain domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases, local authorities said Saturday.
- China's Hubei reports no new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 21 Jun 2020 -- No new confirmed or suspected COVID-19 cases were reported in central China's Hubei Province on Saturday, the provincial health commission said Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports 1 new imported COVID-19 case People's Daily 21 Jun 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported one new imported COVID-19 case Saturday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 1,869, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Beijing reports 22 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 21 Jun 2020 -- Beijing reported 22 new confirmed domestically-transmitted COVID-19 cases, three suspected cases and three asymptomatic cases Saturday, the municipal health commission said Sunday.
- UK 'On Plan' to Ease COVID-19 Lockdown Again From July 4 - Health Secretary Sputnik 21 Jun 2020 -- With Brits becoming increasingly frustrated at not being able to get a haircut, the Health Secretary's latest announcement will provide the sound of relief for some. However, as he also made clear, nothing is certain yet.
- Spain Reopens Borders to European Tourists After COVID Lockdown VOA 21 Jun 2020 -- Spain reopened its borders to European tourists on Sunday as the continent continues to ease lockdowns put in place to quell the spread of the novel coronavirus.
- Greece Extends Lockdown on More than 120,000 Migrants, Refugees VOA 21 Jun 2020 -- Even though Greece is slowly but steadily lifting strict COVID-19 restrictions across the country, it is keeping more than 120,000 asylum seekers in lockdown, crammed in overcrowded camps to contain the spread the coronavirus.
- COVID-19 UPDATES India PIB 21 Jun 2020
- UPDATES ON COVID-19 India PIB 21 Jun 2020
- COVID-19 cases surpass 400,000, deaths cross 13,000-mark in India People's Daily 21 Jun 2020 -- The number of COVID-19 cases in India surpassed the 400,000 mark on Sunday, reaching 410,461, as the total deaths due to the virus crossed the 13,000-mark, reaching 13,254, said the latest data released by the health ministry.
- COVID-19 kills 116 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 21 Jun 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Sunday that some 116 more Iranians have died of coronavirus (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 9,623.
- S.Korea reports 48 more COVID-19 cases, 12,421 in total People's Daily 21 Jun 2020 -- South Korea reported 48 more cases of the COVID-19 compared to 24 hours ago as of 0:00 a.m. Sunday local time, raising the total number of infections to 12,421.
- Spokesperson of Health Ministry: 3,379 New COVID-19 Cases Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 21 Jun 2020 -- Assistant Minister of Health and Spokesperson of the Health Ministry Dr. Mohammed Al-Abdulaali said today that 3,379 new confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 157,612 cases, including 55,215 active cases receiving necessary medical care. Of these, there are 2,027 critical cases, while the health condition of the rest is stable. As many as 2,213 cases have recovered, bringing the total recoveries to 101,130.
- Interior Ministry Announces Precautionary Measures and Preventive Protocols for Sectors to Limit Coronavirus Spreading SPA 21 Jun 2020 -- An official source in the Ministry of Interior stated that further to the precautionary measures and preventive protocols for the sectors announced on 29th of May 2020 and 2nd of June 2020, the Ministry of Interior announces the precautionary measures and preventive protocols for the sectors to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus, which are required for returning general conditions to normal life.
- South Africa sees highest daily surge of COVID-19 cases, total approaching 100,000 Global Times 21 Jun 2020 -- The cumulative number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in South Africa stood at 92,681 as of Saturday, Health Minister Zweli Mkhize said.
- South Africa's COVID-19 cases approaching 100,000 People's Daily 21 Jun 2020 -- 11 from Eastern Cape, three from KwaZulu-Natal and 32 from Western Cape. This brings the total deaths to 1,877," the minister said.
- Fiji eases COVID-19 restrictions to restart economy Global Times 21 Jun 2020 -- Fiji announced to relax the COVID-19 restrictions as part of its efforts to restart the struggling economy on Sunday.
- Israel reports 294 new COVID-19 cases, 20,633 in total People's Daily 21 Jun 2020 -- The number of coronavirus patients in Israel rose to 20,633, with 294 new cases, the Ministry of Health said on Saturday.
- Chile registers 236,748 cases of COVID-19, with 4,295 deaths People's Daily 21 Jun 2020 -- The Chilean Ministry of Health announced on Saturday that a total of 236,748 cases of COVID-19 have been registered so far, with 4,295 deaths.
- COVID-19: Azerbaijan Reinstates Lockdown; Pakistan Opens Afghan Border Crossing RFE/RL 21 Jun 2020 -- The global death toll from the coronavirus is more than 460,000, with more than 8.8 million infections confirmed, causing mass disruptions as governments continue to try to slow the spread of the respiratory illness.
- Mexico reports 4,717 new coronavirus infections, 387 deaths SPA 21 Jun 2020 -- Mexico on Saturday reported 4,717 new infections and 387 additional deaths from the coronavirus, bringing the total number in the country to 175,202 cases and 20,781 deaths, Reuters cited the Mexican health ministry as saying.
- Palestinian PM announces new restrictions as virus cases rise SPA 21 Jun 2020 -- Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh announced new restrictions on Saturday amid a rise in cases of the novel coronavirus in the West Bank, dpa reported.
- Afghanistan: UN condemns attacks on healthcare amid COVID-19 pandemic UN News 21 Jun 2020 -- Fifteen attacks on healthcare in Afghanistan were recorded during the first two months of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a new report published on Sunday by the UN Assistance Mission in the country, UNAMA.
- How Did Vietnam Become Biggest Nation Without Coronavirus Deaths? VOA 21 Jun 2020 -- In Vietnam, those who enter a cafe have a good chance of meeting a security guard who sprays their hands with disinfectant. Or, if getting on a bus, they will be told to put on a mask and sit one row apart from others.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|