10 June 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- Court-Appointed Expert Urges US Government Not to Drop Charges Against Michael Flynn Sputnik 10 Jun 2020 -- The US government should not drop charges against former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI, a former US federal judge John Gleeson said in an 86-page brief on Wednesday.
- Former US Justice Lawyers Call for Investigation of Barr VOA 10 Jun 2020 -- More than 1,250 former attorneys for the U.S. Justice Department called Wednesday for the agency's internal watchdog to investigate the role Attorney General William Barr played in the aggressive police clearance of largely peaceful protesters from a park near the White House last week.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation report - 142 WHO 10 Jun 2020
- WHO Emergencies Press Conference on coronavirus disease outbreak - 10 June 2020 WHO 10 Jun 2020
- Still much to learn about new coronavirus: WHO UN News 10 Jun 2020 -- Research is ongoing to determine how the virus that causes COVID-19 can be transmitted by people who show no symptoms of the disease, the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) told journalists on Wednesday.
- Global coronavirus caseload at 7.23 million, over 411K dead Press TV 10 Jun 2020 -- Cases of infection with the new coronavirus have passed 7.2 million globally, and the death toll has crossed the 411,000 mark, according to Johns Hopkins University.
- COVID Pandemic Created Worst Global Economy in 60 Years, OECD Reports VOA 10 Jun 2020 -- A leading global economic group said Wednesday the COVID-19 pandemic has triggered the worst global recession in nearly a century, and things could get worse before they start to get better.
- Domestic N95 Mask Production Expected to Exceed 1 Billion in 2021 DoD News 10 Jun 2020 -- Thanks to work by the Defense Department's COVID-19 Joint Acquisition Task Force, U.S. industry is expected to greatly increase the production of N95 masks next year, the task force's director said.
- DOD Announces $135 Million in Defense Production Act Title 3 COVID-19 Actions DoD 10 Jun 2020 -- Today the Department is announcing five Defense Production Act Title 3 actions that will help sustain defense-critical workforce capabilities in body armor, aircraft manufacturing, and shipbuilding.
- Air Force update for COVID-19 US Air Force 10 Jun 2020
- Rush Transcript: Governor Cuomo Gives Update on COVID-19 Pandemic New York State 10 Jun 2020
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 10 Jun 2020
- Hong Kong expected to cancel border control measures, compulsory quarantine in phases: HKSAR chief executive People's Daily 10 Jun 2020 -- Hong Kong is expected to further relax social distancing restrictions and mulls cancelling border control measures and 14-day compulsory quarantine in phases in the near future, as its COVID-19 epidemic situation continues to stabilize, Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Carrie Lam said.
- China to prioritize COVID-19 vaccine R&D and accelerate antibody drugs development Global Times 10 Jun 2020 -- China will make COVID-19 vaccine research and development (R&D) a top priority and accelerate the development of antibody drugs, a senior official said on Tuesday.
- China at risk of second wave of COVID-19 pandemic: report Global Times 10 Jun 2020 -- China may face the risk of a COVID-19 epidemic for a second time as most people are still generally susceptible to the novel coronavirus and the pandemic is still severe globally, said a report led by Gao Fu, the director of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
- China calls for global crackdown on COVID-19 disinformation People's Daily 10 Jun 2020 -- China has called on the international community to crack down on disinformation over the COVID-19 pandemic, saying the lies and rumors against China seriously poisoned global anti-virus efforts.
- China's Hubei reports no new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 10 Jun 2020 -- No new confirmed, asymptomatic or suspected COVID-19 cases were reported in central China's Hubei Province on Tuesday, the provincial health commission said Wednesday.
- Chinese mainland reports no new domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 10 Jun 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Wednesday that no new domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases were reported on the mainland Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 3 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 10 Jun 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported three new imported COVID-19 cases Tuesday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 1,786, the National Health Commission said Wednesday.
- Six COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 10 Jun 2020 -- Six COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland Tuesday, the National Health Commission said Wednesday.
- France Will Roll Back Special Government Powers on July 10 VOA 10 Jun 2020 -- France is prepared to lift the special government powers granted to cope with the coronavirus pandemic on July 10 but will continue to restrict gatherings and freedom of movement for the next four months, the prime minister's office said.
- Lockdowns in 11 European countries may have prevented over 3 mln deaths: study People's Daily 10 Jun 2020 -- Large-scale lockdowns and other non-pharmaceutical intervention in 11 European countries may have helped avert approximately 3.1 million deaths as the measures successfully curbed the novel coronavirus transmission, according to a new study released by the Imperial College London.
- Big Air Hubs Were Major Factor in Spread of Coronavirus, UK Is Prime Example, Claims New Study Sputnik 10 Jun 2020 -- The news will likely add pressure on the government of Boris Johnson, which has been harshly criticized by public health experts for its slow response to the outbreak, in particular for the decision not to restrict air travel during the pandemic.
- Moscow Lifts its Coronavirus Restrictions VOA 10 Jun 2020 -- After more than 2 months of shutdown due to the coronavirus, Russia's capital sprung back to life this week – with city authorities lifting restrictions on most business closings and stay at home rules for Moscow's 12 million plus residents.
- UPDATES ON COVID-19 India PIB 10 Jun 2020
- UPDATES ON COVID-19 India PIB 10 Jun 2020
- Spike in Pakistan COVID-19 Infections Prompts WHO to Call for More Lockdowns VOA 10 Jun 2020 -- Scores of lawmakers and government officials in Pakistan have tested positive for the coronavirus over the last week as the national tally of infections surged Wednesday to about 114,000.
- WHO Urges Pakistan to Impose 'Intermittent' Lockdowns as COVID Infections Soar VOA 10 Jun 2020 -- The World Health Organization is urging Pakistan to impose a new round of lockdowns as the number of new coronavirus infections there has soared over the last several days.
- Top U.S. Commander Says Iran Is Trying To Protect Its Military Amid Coronavirus Crisis Radio Farda 10 Jun 2020 -- The top U.S. military commander in the Middle East has said Iran is "struggling" with the coronavirus, trying to protect key officials and the military from the pandemic.
- Diplomat: Border to resume pre-COVID19 normal activities IRNA 10 Jun 2020 -- Deputy Foreign Minister for Economic Diplomacy Gholamreza Ansari said by providing better health conditions at borders, the borders will resume normal activities like those in pre-coronavirus era.
- Official: COVID19 death toll mounts to 8,506 in Iran IRNA 10 Jun 2020 -- Health Ministry Spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Wednesday that some 81 more Iranians died because of coronavirus over the past 24 hours and 140,590 people out of a total of 177,938 infected with the deadly virus have survived and recovered, but, unfortunately, the total number of deaths reached 8,506.
- Iranian export of anti-coronavirus products on rise IRNA 10 Jun 2020 -- Iranian export of anti-coronavirus products which started being made just a few days after its outbreak in late February is on rise due to requests from different countries.
- President Rouhani lauds Iranians' tolerance, campaign against COVID-19 IRNA 10 Jun 2020 -- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Wednesday that Iranians' tolerance and campaign against coronavirus has been exemplary compared with those countries which were not subject to US sanctions.
- IRGC Commander Praising Khamenei Says US 'Incapable' Of Dealing With Pandemic Radio Farda 10 Jun 2020 -- The commander of Iran's Islamic Revolution Guard Corps, Hossein Salami, says the United States is "incapable of controlling the coronavirus [pandemic] and is in the worst economic situation", while "our great leader shined in dealing" with the virus.
- Ministry of Health: Total Tests of COVID-19 are 1,019,812 SPA 10 Jun 2020 -- The Ministry of Health said in a statement today that 3,717 new confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 112,288 cases, including 33,515 active cases receiving necessary medical care. Of these, there are 1,693 critical cases, while the health condition of the rest is stable. As many as 1,615 cases have recovered, bringing the total recoveries to 77,954.
- No new cases of COVID-19 as CECC switches to weekly briefings CNA 10 Jun 2020 -- Taiwan reported no new cases of the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on Wednesday, leaving the total number of cases at 443 since the outbreak began late last year, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- COVID-19 Spreads Hunger in North Korea VOA 10 Jun 2020 -- U.N. experts say the COVID-19 pandemic is worsening widespread food shortages and malnutrition in North Korea, causing more hunger and ill health.
- Brazilian Government Reportedly Has 48 Hours to Resume Releasing Coronavirus Info Sputnik 10 Jun 2020 -- Last Saturday, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro claimed that the cumulative coronavirus statistics did not reflect the true situation regarding the pandemic, adding that more measures were being taken to "improve the reporting of cases".
- HRW warns against COVID-19 outbreaks in UAE jails Press TV 10 Jun 2020 -- Human Rights Watch has warned against reported outbreaks of the novel coronavirus in a number of detention facilities in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), calling on prison authorities to take urgent measures to protect the mental and physical health of prisoners.
- Coronavirus Has Thailand Putting out Multiple Fires at Once VOA 10 Jun 2020 -- The novel coronavirus has led to a diverse array of crises for Thailand. Paramount are the nation's healthcare and economy. But the pandemic has also impacted Thailand politics, with Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha delaying a necessary cabinet reshuffle and extending a state of emergency.
- IMF Approves $5 Billion In Aid For Ukraine To Shore Up Economy Wracked By Coronavirus RFE/RL 10 Jun 2020 -- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) says its executive board has approved an 18-month, $5 billion standby arrangement for Ukraine aimed at helping the country cope with the COVID-19 pandemic.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|