07 June 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- National Guardsmen Returning Home After D.C. Mission DoD News 07 Jun 2020 -- All out-of-state National Guardsmen will be returning home after accomplishing their missions in the nation's capital, Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy told reporters today.
- Trump Orders National Guard Withdrawn From Washington VOA 07 Jun 2020 -- U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday ordered the 5,000 National Guard troops brought to Washington last week to quell protests against the death of a black man in police custody to begin to withdraw, saying the national capital was "under perfect control."
- US Attorney General Defends Clearing Park of Protesters Near White House VOA 07 Jun 2020 -- U.S. Attorney General William Barr has justified use of force to clear Lafayette Park across the street from White House last Monday evening of protesters just ahead of President Donald Trump walking through the park for a photo-op in front of a nearby church.
- Pentagon Order Behind Helicopter Fly-Overs That Scared DC Protesters, Reports Suggest Sputnik 07 Jun 2020 -- The Pentagon ordered two Army National Guard helicopters to use a "persistent presence" for crowd control during anti-racism protests in Washington, DC, the New York Times has learned.
- Trump Orders National Guard to Withdraw From Washington DC Sputnik 07 Jun 2020 -- This comes as more protests against police aggression and racial discrimination are expected to take place in the city on Sunday.
- Trump Reportedly Sought to Deploy 10,000 Troops to Quell Protests in Wake of Death of George Floyd Sputnik 07 Jun 2020 -- On 1 June US President Donald Trump said he would mobilize "all federal resources, civilian and military", to quell protests against police brutality raging across America after the death of black man George Floyd, urging state governors to deploy the National Guard in great numbers to "dominate the streets."
- 'Trump planned to deploy 10,000 active-duty troops to quell protests' Press TV 07 Jun 2020 -- US President Donald Trump reportedly came close to deploying 10,000 active-duty troops to quell protests in Washington, DC, against police violence and systemic racism sparked by the recent police killing of unarmed, handcuffed African-American man George Floyd.
- French forces 'kill al-Qaeda commander in North Africa' Press TV 07 Jun 2020 -- French military forces based in North Africa have reportedly killed a senior militant linked to the al-Qaeda terrorist group.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation report - 139 WHO 07 Jun 2020
- Latest on pandemic: Global caseload over 6.89mn, death toll at nearly 400K Press TV 07 Jun 2020 -- The number of people with COVID-19 has now passed 6.89 million around the world, and the number of related fatalities is almost 400,000, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 07 Jun 2020
- China issues white paper on fighting COVID-19 Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- China on Sunday published a white paper outlining its detailed steps and measures in fighting the COVID-19 epidemic, which demonstrates to the world how China won the arduous fight.
- Xi personally promotes int'l cooperation on COVID-19: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping has personally promoted international cooperation in fighting COVID-19, said a white paper released Sunday by the State Council Information Office.
- Highlights from white paper on China's fight against COVID-19 People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- China on Sunday issued a white paper on the country's battle against COVID-19. The white paper, titled "Fighting COVID-19: China in Action," was issued by the State Council Information Office.
- China publishes white paper on fight against COVID-19 PLA Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- China on Sunday issued a white paper on the country's battle against COVID-19.
- Xi's instructions on Wuhan lockdown lay cornerstone of China's victory against COVID-19 Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- All COVID-19 patients who were discharged from hospital in Wuhan, once the hardest-hit city, have now completed city-wide nucleic acid tests which only found a few asymptomatic patients, signaling that life is returning to normal after nearly five months of the arduous battle against the virus. The good news from Wuhan serves as ironclad evidence that the far-sighted decision to seal off Wuhan and Hubei Province laid the cornerstone of China's victory in the nationwide COVID-19 battle.
- 1.4 billion people 'formidable force' fighting coronavirus Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- People may get various answers if they want to find out who helped China walk out of the COVID-19 predicament. The answers may include frontline doctors risking great danger to save lives; government departments which made detailed and effective viral prevention measures, scientists racing against time looking deep into the virus... The real answer is: 1.4 billion Chinese people, who all fought like great warriors and contributed their fair share in this arduous battle.
- Hainan reports one COVID-19 patient who traveled from Hubei in tour group Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- The city of Sanya in South China Hainan Province reported one confirmed COVID-19 case on Sunday who travelled from Wuhan, Central China's Hubei Province, as part of a tour group on Friday.
- China's top expert team confirmed human-to-human transmission of COVID-19 on midnight Jan. 19: white paper Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- An official document on Sunday revealed for the first time that researchers from a high-level expert team organized by China's top national health body confirmed that the coronavirus was transmissible among humans at midnight on January 19, just hours before they notified the public, and less than a month before the experts were alerted by the newly-discovered disease.
- China clear of high-risk COVID-19 response level regions after Fengman adjusts to low Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- China on Sunday was clear of high-risk regions nationwide after Fengman district of Northeast China's Jilin Province adjusted its COVID-19 response level to low.
- Phase I clinical trial for antibody COVID-19 treatment underway People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- Chinese scientists have launched a phase I clinical trial for the world's first neutralizing antibody treatment against COVID-19, which has showed great promise in arresting the growth of novel coronavirus in animal testing, but efficacy in humans remains to be seen.
- No delay, cover-up in China's response to COVID-19: officials People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- There is no delay or cover-up in the Chinese government's response to the COVID-19 outbreak, Chinese officials said Sunday.
- Closing outbound traffic from Wuhan crucial to stemming virus spread: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- A Chinese government white paper described closing outbound traffic from the city of Wuhan in January as a crucial step to stem the spread of the virus in its COVID-19 fight.
- Some 4 mln Chinese community workers guard against COVID-19: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- During China's fight against COVID-19, some 4 million Chinese community workers were working in around 650,000 urban and rural communities to guard against the disease, according to a white paper released Sunday by China's State Council Information Office.
- China endeavors to minimize COVID-19 impact on social, economic development: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- China has endeavored to minimize the impact of COVID-19 on social and economic development without compromising epidemic control, said a white paper released Sunday by the State Council Information Office.
- China informs public right after COVID-19 human-to-human spread determined: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- China informed the public right after health experts determined that the new coronavirus was spreading between humans, according to a white paper issued by the State Council Information Office Sunday.
- China saves lives at all costs in fighting COVID-19: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- A white paper on China's fight against COVID-19 said the country made an all-out effort to treat patients and save lives.
- China takes most thorough, rigorous, comprehensive measures against COVID-19: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- China has adopted the most thorough, rigorous and comprehensive prevention and control measures against COVID-19, said a white paper on the country's fight against the epidemic.
- China contains COVID-19 rising spread in about 1 month: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- China has responded swiftly to the COVID-19 public health emergency, said a white paper released on Sunday, adding that the rising spread of the virus was contained in little more than a single month.
- Over 3,000 COVID-19 patients aged above 80 cured in China's Hubei: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- More than 3,000 COVID-19 patients over the age of 80, including seven centenarians, have been cured in Hubei, the Chinese province once hardest hit by COVID-19, said a white paper released Sunday by China's State Council Information Office.
- Millions of Chinese medical workers battle COVID-19 at front line: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- Millions of Chinese medical workers grappled with the COVID-19 epidemic at the front line across the country, said a white paper released Sunday by China's State Council Information Office.
- China establishes strict, efficient COVID-19 information release system: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- China has established a strict, professional and efficient system of COVID-19 information release amid its all-out effort to contain the epidemic, said a white paper on the country's fight against COVID-19.
- China's Hubei reports no new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- No new confirmed COVID-19 cases or suspected cases were reported in central China's Hubei Province on Saturday, the provincial health commission said Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports 5 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported five new imported COVID-19 cases Saturday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 1,776, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Temporary treatment centers a major innovative solution in China's fight against COVID-19: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- Temporary treatment centers, or Fangcang shelter hospitals, are a major innovative solution that turns the tide in the battle against COVID-19 in China, said a white paper released Sunday by China's State Council Information Office.
- Xi takes charge of China's COVID-19 response: white paper PLA Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping has attached high importance to COVID-19 prevention and control and assumed full command over the control efforts from the very beginning, said a white paper released by the State Council Information Office on Sunday.
- EU countries agree on coordinated, non-discriminatory lifting of travel ban Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- European interior ministers agreed on Friday that travel restrictions imposed to curb the COVID-19 pandemic should be abolished in a coordinated and non-discriminatory manner.
- Europe awakes from COVID-19 restrictions, embraces new-found freedom People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- As Margaritis Schinas, vice-president of the European Commission for Promoting the European Way of Life, has said, being European could mean feeling safe at home, on streets, and at "all of the places we like to meet, exchange, and experience life together."
- Leading scientist delivers blow to government by openly regreting late lockdown decision Press TV 07 Jun 2020 -- In a fresh blow to the government's coronavirus crisis management strategy, a leading scientist has claimed the UK's late lockdown has "cost a lot of lives".
- Germany records 301 new cases of COVID-19 virus SPA 07 Jun 2020 -- Data issued by Robert Koch Institute for Infectious Diseases in Germany showed today, Sunday, that the number of confirmed infection cases of COVID-19 virus increased 301 cases to a total of 183,397 cases.
- Russia registers new drug to treat COVID-19 Press TV 07 Jun 2020 -- A leading Russian innovative biotech company has registered a new drug for treatment of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) which would help alleviate the harshest complications caused by the deadly virus, including lung failure.
- Russia's Coronavirus Cases Climb Past 467,000; Chief Rabbi Being Treated RFE/RL 07 Jun 2020 -- Russian officials have reported 8,984 new coronavirus cases, bringing the total number of infections in the country to nearly 470,000.
- UPDATES ON COVID-19 India PIB 07 Jun 2020
- COVID-19 update India PIB 07 Jun 2020
- Some 72 more Iranians die from coronavirus over past 24 hours IRNA 07 Jun 2020 -- Head of Iran's Health Ministry Public Relations Office Kianoush Jahanpour said on Sunday that 72 more Iranians died from coronavirus over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 8,291.
- Health minister hails Iran's handling of coronavirus pandemic despite sanctions Press TV 07 Jun 2020 -- Minister of Health and Medical Education Saeed Namaki has hailed Iran's handling of the novel coronavirus (COVID1-19) pandemic, saying the country has turned from an importer of medical items into an exporter despite the illegal US sanctions.
- Health Ministry: 3045 New COVID-19 Cases Reported in Saudi Arabia SPA 07 Jun 2020 -- The Ministry of Health said in a statement today that 3045 new confirmed cases of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 101914 cases, including 28385 active cases receiving necessary medical care. Of these, there are 1564 critical cases, while the health condition of the rest is stable. As many as 1026 cases have recovered, bringing the total recoveries to 72817.
- Taiwan eases COVID-19 rules as domestic transmissions stay at zero CNA 07 Jun 2020 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) on Sunday lifted some of its restrictions on large gatherings, social distancing and the need for face masks, citing Taiwan's record of no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases for 56 straight days.
- Taiwan launches website to share COVID-19 experience worldwide CNA 07 Jun 2020 -- The Ministry of Health and Welfare has launched a website to share with the world the successful policies that Taiwan has implemented in its prevention efforts against the COVID-19 pandemic, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Sunday.
- Brazil Removes Months of Data on COVID-19 Tally Amid Claims of 'Fanciful, Manipulated' Statistics Sputnik 07 Jun 2020 -- Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro has been under a barrage of criticism from experts, deploring the country's statistics on COVID-19 as woefully deficient and in some instances manipulated, while the central government was slammed for its failings in handling the outbreak
- Indonesia plans to recruit volunteers to help contain spread of COVID-19 pandemic Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- Following the involvement of the military and police personnel in efforts to mitigate the COVID-19 pandemic, the Indonesian government now plans to recruit volunteers to help make a new normal scenario in the country possible.
- 80 pct of total COVID-19 cases in Turkey recovered: minister Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- Eighty percent of the total COVID-19 cases in Turkey have recovered and the majority of the patients stayed at home without any symptoms, the Turkish Health Minister Fahrettin Koca said on Saturday.
- Latin America Fatalities on the Rise as Global COVID-19 Death Toll Nears 400,000 VOA 07 Jun 2020 -- Latin America, specifically Brazil and Mexico, is seeing increases in the number of coronavirus-related cases and deaths, as the global death toll nears 400,000.
- Malian Migrants Stranded by COVID-19 Border Closures Now Home VOA 07 Jun 2020 -- Dozens of Malian migrants stranded for nearly three months in Niger by COVID-19-related border closures have returned home. Earlier this week, the International Organization for Migration was finally able to repatriate 179 migrants who had been waiting at IOM transit centers in Niamey and Agadez.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|