04 June 2020 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Former US defense secretary says Trump deliberately sows division among Americans Global Times 04 Jun 2020 -- Former US Defense Secretary Jim Mattis broke silence on Wednesday amid the ongoing turbulent unrest across the United States, saying that President Donald Trump "tries to divide" the American people.
- Ex-Pentagon chief blasts Trump for dividing Americans amid anti-racism protests Press TV 04 Jun 2020 -- Former Pentagon Chief Jim Mattis has denounced Donald Trump's handling of nationwide anti-racism protests, saying the president is trying to turn Americans against each other.
- Shining Light In A Black Box: Can The U.S. Slow The Flow Of Dirty Money From The Ex-U.S.S.R.? RFE/RL 04 Jun 2020 -- When Ukraine's Privatbank filed a lawsuit in the United States against its former owner Ihor Kolomoyskiy one year ago, it claimed the tycoon had used a slew of anonymous shell companies registered in the U.S. state of Delaware to carry out what it called a "brazen" heist.
- Iranian, Chinese Hackers Attempted to Break Into Trump, Biden Email Accounts, Google Claims Sputnik 04 Jun 2020 -- The hacks are said to have targeted Trump and Biden's presidential campaigns.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation report - 136 WHO 04 Jun 2020
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 04 Jun 2020
- Rush Transcript: Governor Cuomo Announces State is Expanding COVID-19 Testing Criteria to Include Anyone Who Attended a Protest Across the State New York State 04 Jun 2020
- Fulfilling the President's Generous Commitment to Provide Critical Medical Supplies Across the Globe US Dept. of State 04 Jun 2020 -- "The United States has been the largest contributor to global health security and humanitarian assistance for more than a half century, saving lives all over the planet. In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have truly mobilized as a nation to combat the virus, both at home and abroad, committing more than $11 billion for the international COVID-19 response."
- California braces for second wave of coronavirus due to arrests, police tear gas, reopening Press TV 04 Jun 2020 -- The coronavirus outbreak has been on the rise in the US state of California over the past week, prompting health experts to warn that reopening and police use of tear gas and pepper spray against the protests over the death of George Floyd could exacerbate the pandemic.
- Insufficient COVID-19 testing for U.S. public contributes to high death toll, says expert Global Times 04 Jun 2020 -- A lack of sufficient testing for the presence of COVID-19 in the general public might be one of the major reasons for the large number of deaths in the United States, a leading medical expert has said.
- Insufficient COVID-19 testing for U.S. public contributes to high death toll, says expert People's Daily 04 Jun 2020 -- A lack of sufficient testing for the presence of COVID-19 in the general public might be one of the major reasons for the large number of deaths in the United States, a leading medical expert has said.
- Beijing eyes infectious disease regulations Global Times 04 Jun 2020 -- Beijing plans to formulate or revise 20 regulations to strengthen its public health system amid the COVIOD-19 epidemic, including measures on infectious disease prevention and control and public health emergency response.
- China's Hubei reports no new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 04 Jun 2020 -- No new confirmed COVID-19 cases were reported in central China's Hubei Province on Wednesday, the provincial health commission said Thursday.
- China's fight against COVID-19 stands the test of time: Foreign Ministry People's Daily 04 Jun 2020 -- China's responding to COVID-19 stands the test of time and history with a clear timeline and solid facts, a Foreign Ministry spokesperson said Wednesday.
- Five COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 04 Jun 2020 -- Five COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland Wednesday, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports 1 new imported COVID-19 case People's Daily 04 Jun 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported one new imported COVID-19 case Wednesday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 1,763, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports no new domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 04 Jun 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Thursday that no new domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases were reported on the Chinese mainland on Wednesday.
- Italy lifts national and European travel ban as pandemic slows down Global Times 04 Jun 2020 -- People in Italy will be allowed to move freely within the country from Wednesday and the travel restrictions were also eased the same day with travelers from European Union (EU) and Schengen countries, as well as the United Kingdom, Andorra and Monaco being allowed to visit the country without subjecting to quarantine.
- Health secretary blasted for 'misleading' presentation of testing numbers Press TV 04 Jun 2020 -- The government was savaged by the UK's statistics watchdog chair, Sir David Norgrove, in a blistering letter to health secretary Matt Hancok earlier this week, accusing him of "misleading" the public by including tests mailed to home addresses and NHS locations - which might never be used - in the tally announced at the daily Downing Street coronavirus briefing.
- Germany Reports 394 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 04 Jun 2020 -- The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Germany increased by 394 to 182764 data from the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for infectious diseases showed on Thursday, according to Reuters.
- Belgium Reports 28 New COVID-19 Cases SPA 04 Jun 2020 -- Belgium reported 28 new deaths from coronavirus in the previous 24 hours, bringing the total number of deaths in the country to 9548, according to Reuters.
- Russian Farmers Suffering As COVID-19 Pandemic Keeps Central Asian Workers At Home RFE/RL 04 Jun 2020 -- Russian farmers who are highly dependent on Central Asian workers to harvest their crops are in a bind as the coronavirus pandemic lockdown has left hundreds of thousands of migrants unable to get into Russia.
- India COVID-19 death toll rises to 6,075 as total cases reach 216,919 Global Times 04 Jun 2020 -- India's health ministry Thursday morning said 260 new deaths due to COVID-19, besides fresh 9,304 positive cases, were reported during the past 24 hours across the country, taking the number of deaths to 6,075 and total cases to 216,919.
- UPDATES ON COVID-19 India PIB 04 Jun 2020
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan reviews status and preparations for COVID-19 management with Lt. Governor & Health Minister of Delhi India PIB 04 Jun 2020
- Official: 59 more Iranians die from COVID-19 over past 24 hours IRNA 04 Jun 2020 -- Head of Iranian Health Ministry's Public Relations Office Kianoush Jahanpour said on Thursday that some 59 more Iranians died from coronavirus over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 8,071.
- President wary of spread of COVID-19, urges people to avoid unnecessary trips IRNA 04 Jun 2020 -- President Hassan Rouhani cautioned the people against taking unnecessary trips in order to protect themselves from the deadly coronavirus.
- Iran President Says Coronavirus Restrictions To Be Restored If Warnings Not Heeded Radio Farda 04 Jun 2020 -- President Hassan Rouhani on Wednesday said restrictions will be restored if warnings are not heeded and the coronavirus outbreak peaks again.
- Health Ministry: COVID19-Infected Cases in the Kingdom are 93157 SPA 04 Jun 2020 -- The Ministry of Health said in a statement today that 1975 new confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 93,157 cases, including 23,581 active cases receiving necessary medical care. Of these, there are 1381 critical cases, while the health condition of the rest is stable. As many as 806 cases have recovered, bringing the total recoveries to 68,965.
- No new COVID-19 cases reported in Taiwan Thursday CNA 04 Jun 2020 -- The total number of confirmed COVID-19 coronavirus cases in Taiwan remained at 443 Thursday, as there were no new infections, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said at its daily press briefing.
- Africa's COVID-19 caseload nearing 160,000, while Italy partially reopens border Global Times 04 Jun 2020 -- With the novel coronavirus still in pandemic mode, the African continent has seen a continued growth in the total tally, while Italy, an earlier epicenter of the pandemic in Europe, has begun to partially lift travel bans as its new infections are dropping.
- Cooperation in fight against COVID-19 deepens China-Jordan relationship Global Times 04 Jun 2020 -- China and Jordan have maintained coordinated efforts to combat the COVID-19 pandemic, and their bilateral ties will be further deepened after the pandemic.
- US-Africa Coronavirus Fight Is Multi-Front Battle VOA 04 Jun 2020 -- The challenges faced by African nations during the coronavirus pandemic are about much more than a rapidly spreading virus, American aid officials say. They're concerned about the threats it poses to proper nutrition, the economy, liberties and freedoms, and the ongoing war against a deadly parasite that has plagued this continent for centuries: malaria.
- Chile Records Largest Single-Day COVID-19 Death Total Since Outbreak Began VOA 04 Jun 2020 -- Authorities say Chile, which has one of the highest totals for coronavirus cases in Latin America, confirmed 87 deaths from the virus in one day Wednesday, the largest single-day spike since the outbreak began more than two months ago.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|