16 February 2020 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation report - 27 WHO 16 February 2020
- Wuhan officials punished for failing to report suspected case that led to patient's death Global Times 16 Feb 2020 -- Several community officials in Wuhan, epicenter of the novel coronavirus pneumonia outbreak (COVID-19), have been punished for failing to report a patient suspected to be infected with the virus in time, which resulted in the patient's death.
- Hubei tightens anti-virus outbreak measures, seals off residential communities Global Times 16 Feb 2020 -- The government of Hubei, the epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak, has rolled out intensified measures, including locking down all residential communities in urban and rural areas, closing all non-essential public places as well as banning public gatherings and private vehicles in order to fight against the virus.
- Transmission route for 'cunning virus' remains undecided Global Times 16 Feb 2020 -- More encouraging signs have emerged outside of Central China's Hubei Province where the coronavirus originated, yet Chinese experts said it was too early to say that the nationwide battle had decisively turned for the better given no real diminution in infection rates and slow progress in development of antiviral drugs.
- New infections of novel coronavirus drop for 12th consecutive day outside Hubei People's Daily 16 Feb 2020 -- China's daily new confirmed cases of the coronavirus disease outside Hubei, the epicenter province in the outbreak, have been dropping for 12 consecutive days, according to the National Health Commission Sunday.
- Chinese hospitals discharge 9,419 recovered patients of coronavirus infection People's Daily 16 Feb 2020 -- A total of 9,419 patients infected with the novel coronavirus had been discharged from hospital after recovery by the end of Saturday, Chinese health authority announced Sunday.
- China reports 2,009 new confirmed cases of coronavirus infection, 142 new deaths People's Daily 16 Feb 2020 -- Chinese health authority Sunday said it received reports of 2,009 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 142 deaths on Saturday from 31 provincial-level regions and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps.
- China epidemic slows, prompting cautious optimism Press TV 16 Feb 2020 -- Figures show a slowdown in the spread of the novel coronavirus COVID-19, prompting praise for China for its efforts to contain the epidemic.
- Taiwan to expand virus testing on inbound travelers CNA 16 Feb 2020 -- Taiwan will expand screening for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) by taking samples from all travelers arriving in the country who have a fever or respiratory symptoms starting Monday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan reports first death from coronavirus infection CNA 16 Feb 2020 -- Taiwan on Sunday reported the nation's first death from the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), a 61-year-old male living in central Taiwan, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|