Uruguay - Naval Exercises
In order to maintain an optimal level of training and the best degree of recruitment of personnel and equipment, Fleet Command units regularly participate in national and international naval operations such as the following:
- ATLASUR - The Argentine, Brazilian, South African and Uruguayan Navy perform joint naval drills every two years in the South Atlantic waters, thus improving their ability to operate in combination to protect maritime communication lines and safeguard human life at sea , While strengthening ties of friendship and cooperation between nations. The national flag is flown by the Fleet units in ports and international waters of interest to the Republic.
- AGUAS CLARAS - It is carried out annually with the Brazilian Navy in order to increase the interoperability of the means in the use of combined mining and countermining procedures.
- SALVEX - Combined exercise performed annually with the Brazilian Navy and whose objective is to optimize the efficiency in the use of the means available in Search and Rescue, Rescue, Towing and Medical Evacuation tasks at sea.
- ANTARKOS - In coordination with the Uruguayan Antarctic Institute, during the months of December to March, the ROU "Vanguardia" carries out its Antarctic campaign, providing logistical support to the "Gral Artigas" Scientific Base
- ANTARVEN - Operation of support to the Venezuelan Navy in Antarctic waters.
- DIPLOMAT -
- ESNAL - Operation for the instruction of students of the Naval School.
- PANAMAX - Exercise performed in the bi-oceanic Pacific-Atlantic scenario before an asymmetric threat from the sea. In 2005, 19 countries participated in this Operation and in the Operations of MCM were made by Germany, Canada, Ecuador, the United States and Uruguay.
- ACRUX -
- URUSAR - Exercise Made in Uruguayan waters with participation of COMFLO, PNNM, ADES and FAU
- PASSEX - Exercise performed at the request of COMFLO and due to the commitments of our Navy with forces of friendly countries that transit through our waters.
- AGUAS TURBIAS - Exercise performed for the preparation of the Units for the exercise "AGUAS CLARAS".
- POSEIDON -
- TORRENT -
- CEIBO -
- RIO - REVUELTO Annual fluvial operation of the fleet in surveillance, interdiction and safety tasks of a specific target area along the Uruguay River.
- SOUTHERN CRUZ - Ocean Fleet Operation, annual, in order to evaluate the enlistment and interoperability of its components in the different modalities of Naval Warfare.
- SAREX - Operation of Search and Rescue at sea to optimize the response capabilities of the Navy's material resources and other organizations with SAR capability.
- POLEX - Exercises involving means of the Fleet and the National Naval Prefecture in the control of oil spills.
- SARSUB - TENDEREX - An exercise that is developed with the Argentine and Brazilian Armies in order to optimize the efficiency and interoperability of combined search and rescue tasks of personnel trapped in sunken or damaged submarines.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|