Samara Machine-Building Design Bureau
Samara Engineering Design Bureau SKBM OAO
The Kuznetsov OAO shareholders (previously, Motorostroitel OAO) decided during the extraordinary shareholders’ meeting on February 28, 2011 to reorganize the Company by acquiring N.D. Kuznetsov Scientific and Technical Complex of Samara OAO (N.D. Kuznetsov SNTK OAO), Samara Machine-Building Design Bureau (SKBM OAO) and Research and Production Association Povolzhsky Aviation Technological Institute OAO (NPO Povolzhsky AviTI OAO).
JSC Samara Machine-Building Design Bureau 'SMBDB' was formed in July 1957. This Samara-based company specialises in the design and production of aircraft-derived gas-turbine engines for driving electric-generating and gas-pumping plant rated at up to 12 MW (16,000 shp), small piston engines, and hot-jet vehicles for clearing snow and ice from runways. Its principal aviation engine is the P-032M air-cooled flat-twin rated at 26.1 kW (35 hp).
At present J.S.C. "Samara Machine-Building Design Bureau" ("SMBDB") is able to accomplish different tasks both in engine manufacturing and in the development and production of goods for national economy, as J.S.C. "SMBDB" possesses modern production and test bases and has an experience in the design of aircraft gas-turbine and piston engines, gas-transfer units and electric generators and in the increasing of engines' reliability and service life.
The production of the company is engineering development, increasing of reliability and service life of:
- NK-14E gas-turbine engine
- NK-14ST gas-turbine engine
- OS-1,2,3,4,5 and OS-12 gas-jet units
- P-032MR engine for super light flying vehicles
- VIHR-30MA outboard engine
- Reduction Gearbox
- Starter and generator on the internal combustion engine
- A series of aircraft engines
- Gas-transfer units and electric generators (power - 6-10 MWt)
- Small-sized aircraft piston engines (power - 20-100 H.p)
- Boat engines
- Gas - jet sets for the cleaning of snow and ice from airfields
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|