UNITED24 - Make a charitable donation in support of Ukraine!

Military


Abu Dhabi MAR

Abu Dhabi MAR is the leading shipbuilding company in the Persian Gulf. The company's CEO is French-Lebanese businessman Iskandar Safa, who owns 30 percent of its shares via the Beirut-based Privinvest Holding Group. The remaining 70 percent belongs to UAE-based Al Ain International Group. Abu Dhabi Mar, one of the leading shipbuilders in the Arabian Gulf region, has acquired significant boat building capacities in Europe in recent years. It owns an international group of shipyards with operational sites in Germany, England, France, Greece and Abu Dhabi.

  • German yard Nobiskrug, based in the northern town of Rendsburg, makes naval and commercial vessels as well as yachts. Nobiskrug, acquired in 2009, has more than 100 years of shipbuilding experience and a workforce of 420, and won one of Boat International magazine's 2013 World Superyacht Awards for Mogambo as "Best Motor Yacht" in the category of 1300 GT (gross tonnage) and above.
  • HDW Gaarden, formerly part of the Howaldtswerke Deutsche Werft group, was acquired In 2011, and renamed Abu Dhabi MAR Kiel. Abu Dhabi MAR Kiel GmbH start its history with 172 employees, the facilities, equipment and infrastructure of the former HDW Gaarden, working on the first orders of its target markets offshore, mega yachts and construction on special vessels. In order to ensure a long-term and optimal utilisation of the facility in Kiel and a competitive cost structure, a close cooperation with Nobiskrug GmbH in Rendsburg providing major services was established.
  • CMN Constructions Mécaniques de Normandie - a French shipyard founded in 1945 and located at Cherbourg, employs some 400 workers and builds luxury yachts and navy ships.
  • Hellenic Shipyards, Greece's biggest boat builder, is a further subsidiary of Abu Dhabi Mar and specialises in naval ships and repairs.

Abu Dhabi Mar group has delivered more than 1,600 vessels and employs more than 2,500 people. In 2011, ADMShipyards launched Yas, a 141-metre superyacht, in Abu Dhabi. It was the eighth-biggest superyacht in the world and can carry up to 60 guests in regal comfort. It has a top speed of 26 knots and "green" fuel economy. It was built on the steel hull of a former Dutch navy frigate constructed in 1978.



NEWSLETTER
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list



 
Page last modified: 05-04-2017 19:33:04 ZULU