Provider "Westerwald" class (760 A)
The provider of "Westerwald" class is responsible for the supply of sea units. The "Westerwald" was put into service on 02.11.1967 and first drove under a military occupation. On 04/11/1992 it was placed under the 2nd Squadron supply and has been operational since civilian of a crew.
Since 01.04.1997 the "Westerwald" was a unit of the convoy squadron. The main task of the "Westerwald" is transporting material between NATO depots and support units such as naval bases, suppliers and tenders.
In order to ensure a fast loading and unloading, the material is already stored on large pallets in the cargo holds. At sea the supplies will be issued by wire high canvas Dish approximately 10 tons of material per hour while driving on combat ships, catering, tender or other units. At anchor or at the naval base, the board cranes are used.
Special equipment include two onboard cranes, each 3 t and two derricks to 2.5 tonnes each, sprinkle the ten loading hatches and two supply stations. There can be a maximum of 1080 tons of cargo carried. In addition, the "Westerwald" is used as a carrier of system support groups.
|Dimensions (length / width / depth)||98.80 m / 14.02 m / 3.56m|
|Full load displacement||3460 t|
|Fuel storage||246 m³|
|Power||4120 kW (5600 hp)|
|crew||31 people (civilian occupation, since 1992)|
|name||squadron||Port of registry|
|A 1435||"Westerwald"||Albatross Squadron||Wilhelmshaven|
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|