Find a Security Clearance Job!

Military


Podpolianske Strojrne (PPS Detva)

There is no doubt that with the name of the town of Detva, apart from maintaining traditions, folklore combines engineering production. For many, the PPS is synonymous with quality, long-standing history, and work as such.

The Communists' efforts to industrialize, especially in poor rural areas, such as Podpolanie led to a decision to build a heavy machinery plant. The cornerstone of the company was laid in 1950. The company was founded in 1950 when it formed a part of Tatra Koprivnice national enterprise. Soon after, the excavator koda D500 left the production line in 1954. Gradually, the production program incorporated the production of construction machinery and special engineering products.

On the 1st of January 1955, the Czechoslovak Minister of Engineering granted permission for PPS to start trading independently. The Podpolian engineering plant in Detve was finally established. For the young, unprecedented, but for older legendary machines like the Skoda D500, the armored OT 810, the HON or the UNC. The name, Podpolianske strojrne, was first used for the company.

The first product of the enterprise the koda D 500 excavator - came off the line in 1954. The start of operation in the production hall 3 (22,000 m2) came in the following year. 1958 saw the establishment of a development centre and prototype workshop, giving rise to the D 031k excavator. The core production program of the enterprise was established by the launch of the OT 810 armored personnel transporter. The production program gradually settled on the production of machines for construction and defense equipment.

The company introduced the HON 050 hydraulic rotary loader to the market in 1960. With several improvements (HON 051 and HON 053), the loader became the best-selling product manufactured under the PPS brand. This loader was produced until 1974.

Production of the track personnel carrier OT 62 started in 1962. It soon became a favorite with customers, and was a very successful export product. 1966 saw the start of production of the SATUR 035k telescopic excavator. Its design was revolutionary in the construction machinery market. A new type of loader UNC 151, a result of PPS developers, was introduced in the segment of construction machinery in 1970.

In the special production portfolio, production of the BVP-1 armoured tracked vehicles was started in 1970. This vehicle represented the worlds best and is still comparable with the technology used by the army in this category.

The year 1974 saw the launch of UN 050 loaders in cooperation with the Research and Development Institute in Zvolen. This loader was manufactured with various modifications until 1995. 30,000 units have been sold. Its considered a unique achievement in the area of construction machinery. In 1978 Podpolianske strojrne Detva changed its name and the company became known as Zvody Takho strojrstva, .p. Detva since the beginning of 1978.

Launch of the UNC 200 large-volume wheel loader came in 1980. The modified UNC 201 was produced until 1998. The innovations are focused on industrial robots (OJ 10) and welding manipulators (OM). A cooperation agreement was signed with HANOMAG AG, Hannover, Germany in 1989. This can be regarded as a turning point for the current strategic focus of PPS, a partner of the original manufacturers of brand name equipment (OEM).

A license agreement to produce forklifts was made with the Italian company CESAB Spa Bologna, and a cooperation established with the American company CET Salt Lake City to develop a new type series of CET loaders.

In 19901991 the conversion of the armaments industry and the associated expansion of the manufacturing program in the field of construction machinery gave rise to a new production line. It included loaders steered by wheel slippage, and the expansion of the articulated loaders Detvan 500, 650 and 850 models. The manufacturing program was expanded by a new generation of machines field telescopic handlers, the production of hard drive axle and harvesters was introduced. A cooperation with JOHN DEERE, BITELLI and SIMA was established. Several subsidiaries were founded abroad, as well as a PPS KRIVBASS joint venture in the Ukraine.

In 1997 the PPS Detva national enterprise was transformed into the PPS Detva plc. public limited company and progressively integrated into DMD Holding, a.s. (a joint stock company). PPS gradually got into private hands. However, instability on the traditional markets and the consequences of the conversion in special production resulted in the insolvency of PPS Detva, a.s. (a joint stock company) in 1997

The company's insolvency became appropriate, causing multiple problems for the entire region, but especially for the affected families. The reasons for this were more. Still difficult to adapt to new market conditions, the conversion of special and especially military production, or unstable trade policy. So far, many have been convinced that the condition that has occurred had been the result of amateurism, and even of robbing and tunneling the business.

Tunneling [tunelovan] is a term commonly used for large-scale financial fraud, in which management from a large company pours its funds into other companies by management usually owned by (affiliated) affiliates. However, this drainage is usually not straightforward (it would often be too high a risk), but for example through a significantly disadvantageous business. The phenomenon of tunneling was translated into English as Asset stripping in the early 1990s. This phenomenon existed in the West before, but in the Czech Republic it had reached considerable proportions in the 1990s due to the insufficiently developed and stable legal environment.

THis led to its transformation to PPS Detva Holding, a.s. (a joint stock company), which took over the administration of the company, alongside a part of its debt. The company was founded by the founder's decision in the NZ 25/99, written in the Notary Office of JUDr. Marie Vavrcov, in Detve, Tajovskho 1444/11, on 21.01.1999, in accordance with the provisions of the Act no. 154 et seq. Act. no. 513/91 Coll. and the approval of the statutes. Low flexibility in the light of changing conditions and lasting problems with payments of debts led to intractable economic problems in 2002, which resulted in the declaration of bankruptcy.

The year 2003 represents a significant qualitative change for the company. In 2003, new investors came to the company, who gradually revived the business. Since September 2003, the company has operated under its new business name PPS Group a.s. (a joint stock company). Its core manufacturing program is aimed at producing complex welded steel components frames, arms, booms, other kinematic components and steel structures for prestigious manufacturers of mining, construction, handling and forestry machines and mechanisms. Additional manufacturing programs include the production of jigs.

On 19 December 2014 PPS Group in Detve agreed with the union of the Collective Agreement for 2015. It guaranteed almost 1,100 employees of the largest employer in Podpolany the increase in tariffs and other extra standard benefits in the wage and social sphere.



NEWSLETTER
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list