UNITED24 - Make a charitable donation in support of Ukraine!

Military


Heer - German Army

Army Command / Kommando Heer
The streamlining of structures and reduction of levels of management are objectives of the reorientation of the Bundeswehr. Below the level of the Ministry, the Bundeswehr is led by military commands and federal upper authorities. The Chief of staff of the army leads the army from the Army Command in Strausberg, the only higher command in the Organization.
Army Office / Heeresamt
The Army Office is responsible for the principles of training and the development of the branches. The 12 schools of the army, the combat training center of the army, army combat simulation center and special operations training center are under the Army Office.

1st Armored Division /
1. Panzerdivision

The 1st Armored Division continues to make contributions to Germany's international obligations in whole or with military units. This includes the deployment of rapid reaction forces, such as the NATO response force and the EU Battle Groups for German participation in NATO and the EU. The Division is optimized primarily for use in high intensity against a predominantly military organized opponents. Equipment and material allow good armour protection, high firepower and fast movement. Also adjusts the Division also to enhance stabilization forces and support. 9th Armored Training Brigade /
Panzerlehrbrigade 9
In the 19th century, officers and NCOs were sent to so-called “Lehrbataillone” (demonstration battalions) on a temporary basis in order to practice exemplary training and tactical behavior. While the Reichswehr (1919-1935) did not have such units, the Wehrmacht (1935-1946) embraced this idea and used it to develop ideas for highly mobile warfare (better known by the unofficial name “Blitzkrieg tactics”). The Bundeswehr (1955-present) adopted this principle and transformed it several times.
The history of Panzerlehrbrigade 9 started the creation of the first teaching battalions of the Bundeswehr in Munster camp on April 3, 1956, after the rearmament was decided. With a roughly equal proportion of conscripts like other brigades, the training Brigade carried out tasks in addition to troop training. In the context of restructuring to the Brigade of the rapid reaction forces and the traditions, the Panzerlehrbrigade 9, took over the Association badge of 1 mechanized infantry brigade, which was out of service as of December 31, 2007.
21st Armored Brigade /
Panzerbrigade 21
On 15 August 1957, the armored battle group C3 in Unna was formed as a precursor to the 21 "LIPPERLAND" armored brigade, under the 3rd Armored Division in Hamburg. The 21 "Lipperland" armored brigade has, as a brigade of the rapid reaction forces, the Panzergrenadier battalion 212, the armoured battalion 203, the armored artillery battalion 215 and the Logistics Battalion 7. For the first time in the history of the Bundeswehr, in 2008 German troops were the forces of the ISAF quick reaction force (QRF), consisting of around 1000 soldiers and soldiers of the Brigade.

10th Armored Division /
10. Panzerdivision

The 10th Panzer Division is stationed in Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg. With the change in the security and governmental framework, the 10th Armored Division was subjected to constant change after 1990. It reached the target manpower of approximately 12,100 soldiers with the inactivation of 30th Panzer Grenadier Brigade and the addition of the 12the Armored Brigade in the course of the year 2008. After a multi-year transition period, the "tenth" took up its function as a division of stabilisation forces and bears a significant part of the foreign missions of the Bundeswehr as the strongest Infantry Division of the German army. The "Bayern" 23rd Mountain Infantry Brigade in Bad Reichenhall with 5,400 soldiers stand with "Oberpfalz" 12th Armored Brigade in Amberg with 6,500 soldiers for stabilization missions abroad. 23rd Mountain Infantry Brigade /
Gebirgsjägerbrigade 23
The 23rd Mountain Infantry Brigade has five locations under the Edelweiß - Bad Reichenhall, bischofswiesen, Mittenwald, feet and Ingolstadt - in southern Bavaria. Not only the scenic beautiful and convenient location of the individual sites, but also the diverse possibilities make the 23rd Mountain Infantry Brigade an attractive employer in the metropolitan area of southern Bavaria. The Edelweiß as Association badge shows the close ties of the Brigade with the region. The unique in the Bundeswehr range of tasks - the ability to fight in the most difficult terrain, extreme weather conditions - and demanding training, and implementation of this capability profile in operations abroad, characterize the 23rd Mountain Infantry Brigade "Bayern".
12th Armored Brigade
Panzerbrigade 12
The 12th Armored Brigade was established in 1959 in the Kaiser-Wilhelm-Kaserne in Amberg, subordinated Regensburg to the 4th mechanized infantry division. The coat of arms of Panzerbrigade 12 is based on the coat of arms of the 4th mechanized infantry division from Regensburg. In 2007 came the reclassification in the structure of "New army", inactivating the armored artillery battalion 115, tank battalion 383, and the addition of reconnaissance battalion 8. The armored brigade 12 in Amberg is divided as follows: Headquarters company; Logistics battalion 4 (Roding); Panzer pioneer battalion 4 (Bogen); Tank battalion 104 (Pfreimd); Panzergrenadier battalion 112 (Regen); Panzergrenadier battalion 122 (Oberviechtach); Reconnaissance battalion 8 (Freyung); and Telecommunications battalion 4 (Cham).

13th Mechanized Infantry Division /
13. Panzergrenadierdivision

The 13th mechanized infantry division leads nearly all of the army troops in the 'new' countries, as the only Army Division in East Germany. With the command acquisition on 3 and 4 October 1990 on the former military district III of the Nationale Volksarmee (NVA) of the GDR, the increasing Division in the truest sense of the word entered completely new territory for the Bundeswehr. The NVA units were gradually disbanded or integrated into the new aufzustellenden unit. He was at that time still under "Wehrbereichskommando VII". This was followed by renaming to "Division / WBK VII" (1991), "WBK VII / 13th mechanized infantry division" (1995) and after the merger of the de finally the final lineup as "13th mechanized infantry division" (2001). It is responsible for approximately 12,500 soldiers. The headquarters of "thirteenth" resides in Leipzig. Most of the subordinate organizations and units are stationed in Saxony, Thuringia and Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. There are slso single units in Hesse, Saxony-Anhalt, Brandenburg and Schleswig-Holstein attached to the Division. 37th Mechanized Infantry Brigade /
Panzergrenadierbrigade 37

On 01 April 1991 the 37th Homeland Security Brigade was established from the remnants of the 7th Armored Division of the East German Army [NVA] in the Albert city barracks. On January 01, 1995, the 37th Homeland Security Brigade was renamed the 37th Mechanized Infantry Brigade and subordinated to NATO. On October 1, 1996, renamed Jäger Brigade 37; the Brigade became part of the rapid reaction forces (Krisenreaktionskräfte - KRK). On April 1, 2007 Jäger Brigade 37 "Freistaat Sachsen" was reclassified as mechanized infantry brigade 37 "Freistaat Sachsen".
41st Mechanized Infantry Brigade /
Panzergrenadierbrigade 41

On April 1, 1991 the 41st Homeland Security Brigade was estbablishedin Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, and on 27 June 1991 the epithet of Western Pomerania was awarded. In 1995, it was reclassified to the 41st Mechanized Infantry Brigade 41. After the installation of the brigade staff in 2002, the headquarters company and the 413th Armored Battalion 413 moved to the Ferdinand von Schill barracks in Torgelow. The motto of the Western Pomerania 41st Mechanized Infantry Brigade reads : "ready to help – capable of fighting". This motto proved accurate with observer missions in Georgia, as well as the flood operations on the Oder in 1997 and in 2002 on the Elbe, as well as in the multinational environment, during the operations with IFOR, SFOR, KFOR in the Balkans and the UN with almost 2,600 soldiers.

Special Operations Division /
Division Spezielle Operationen

The Special Operations Division was formed on April 1, 2001 in Regensburg. Training and equipment enable them to be used in a short time over long distances. The Division is able after its deployment to perform at the same time two physically independent operations. Currently it is available as a force contingent for a military evacuation operation. The Division also provides a multinational and joint command and control for the management of operations of the special forces. In the Special Operations Division currently 10,600 soldiers and soldiers serve. They are divided into 11 locations in six States. 26th Airborne Brigadee /
Luftlandebrigade 26

The constitutional obligation to ensure the protection and the security of German nationals abroad requires the ability to avert threats and to ensure the evacuation and rescue of endangered layers. This task falls to the 3,500 servicemen and women of the Saarland Brigade. To order fulfillment the Airborne Brigade consists of 26 in two parachute battalions, an air-land support battalion, an air land company, an air land reconnaissance company, and a headquarters company. Their skills regularly proves the Brigade. Since its existence, the servicemen and women of the Brigade take part again in national and international exercises. Since 1991, the Brigade regularly among the first forces in missions abroad.
31st Airborne Brigadee /
Luftlandebrigade 31

The Airborne Brigade 31 "Oldenburg" is one of three major units of the Special Operations Division. Parachute, air land support forces, air land reconnaissance forces and air land pioneers are used. The garrison of the rod and the rod company located in Oldenburg (Oldb). Their motto is: "ready for action - anytime - worldwide." The Airborne Brigade 31 leads own and subordinate in addition for the use of troops in the context of specific operations, with focus on operations against irregular forces. The Brigade leads the specialized paratroopers battalions 313 and 373, as well as the air country support battalion 272.

Airmobile Operations Division /
Division Luftbewegliche Operationen

As a new unit in the army of the future, the Airmobile Operations Division was formed on July 1, 2002 with headquarters in Veitshöchheim their service and was officially put into service was 2002. The Division, among other things, supports the air mobility in the army and assists other branches.
  • Telecommunications battalion
  • Military band 12
  • NBC defense company 120
  • Backup battalion 12
  • medium transport helicopter Regiment 15
  • medium transport helicopter Regiment 25
  • Transport helicopter Regiment 30
  • Artillery training Regiment 345
  • NBC-defense regiment 750
  • Airmobile Brigade 1
  • Army Troops Brigade
1st Airmobile Brigade /
Luftbewegliche Brigade 1

On January 11, 2007 , the 1st Air Mechanized Brigade [Luftmechanisierte] was renamed 1st Airmobile Brigade. The coexistence of the helicopter with the infantry - to air, fire support, but also to the independent fight is at the heart of the "new" Brigade. Thus, the 1st Airmobile Brigade represents a first in the history of German armed forces. The Brigade is highly mobile and assertive powers available that can be used in all types of terrain, and at any time at any place. The Brigade evolved away from a support Brigade to a combat Brigade. The Brigade command airmobile Brigade plans, prepares and leads forces within the framework of luftbeweglicher operations. Core mission of the Brigade command is running its own troops as well as possibly another imputed units in the air-mechanized and airborne operations. The Brigade command is able to conduct a mission of rapid reaction forces and stabilization forces. This it works either within the framework of operations of the rapid reaction forces or operations of the stabilization force. In addition, it is qualified to support operations of the special forces and special operations tactical. Luftmechanisierten
Army Troops Brigade /
Heerestruppenbrigade

The army troop command was established on April 1, 2002 as a Division equivalent in Koblenz and served under the army command immediately. Quickly, it was raised to the most comprehensive command of the Feldheeres and has led in its past more than 26,000 active soldiers and approximately 33,000 reservists. On December 10, 2007 before the Bruchsaler baroque castle the final step of transformation of the army forces command was taken when the command was transformed to the equivalent of a brigade. With approximately 3500 soldiers and soldiers, the Brigade completed the Division to the component of the ABC- defence, half-track and artillery forces. Still, the challenges of armed conflict, stability operations and humanitarian assistance determine the profile and the structures of the army force Brigade. The experience and skills of servicemen and women guarantee the successful order fulfillment in the future. The army force Brigade in Bruchsal, Germany breaks down as follows: Headquarters Company (Bruchsal); ABC-defense regiment 750 (Bruchsal); Artillery training Regiment 345 (Kusel); Backup battalion 12 (Hardheim); and easy ABC defense company 120 (Sonthofen).




NEWSLETTER
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list



 
Page last modified: 30-06-2021 12:05:59 ZULU