AND PLATOON BATTLE DRILLS
|BATTLE DRILL 6A: ENTER A BUILDING AND CLEAR A ROOM|
TASK. Enter a Building and Clear a Room (Squad) (7-4-D109).
CONDITION. The squad is operating as part of a larger force. The squad is moving at night and receives enemy fires from a building.
1. The squad gains a foothold in the building.
2. The squad secures a room by killing, capturing, or forcing the enemy's withdrawal from the room.
3. The squad maintains a sufficient force to defeat the enemy counterattack and continues operations.
1. The fire team that initiates contact guides in on the team leader's AN/PAQ-4 and tracers and suppresses the enemy in and surrounding the building using their AN/PVS-7B, AN/PVS-4, and AN/PAQ-4.
The squad leader SEEs the building through his AN/PVS-7B and with the help
of his hand-held laser pointer on wide angle (MTETT):
The fire team in contact:
The squad leader directs the fire team in contact to support the maneuver team.
He facilitates C2 by pointing out the following with his hand-held laser pointer:
5. If necessary, the supporting fire team repositions to isolate the building as well as continue suppressive fires on the enemy.
6. The squad leader signals for the supporting team to lift or shift fires to continue suppressive fires against adjacent positions/buildings.
7. The FO lifts or shifts indirect to adjacent positions/buildings.
8. The squad leader and the assaulting fire team use a covered and concealed route to approach the entry point and position on either side.
9. The lead soldier of the assaulting team cooks off a grenade and shouts, "Frag out," then throws the grenade into the building (ROE dependent).
After the grenade has detonated, the next soldier enters the building with
ir flashlight taped to the barrel of his weapon (or ir source on NODs). He
positions himself to the left or right of the entrance against the wall and
illuminates the area with the flashlight while simultaneously engaging identified
or likely enemy positions with rapid, short bursts of automatic fire, and scans
the room from left to right. The rest of the team provides immediate security
around the building.
The assaulting fire team leader shouts, "Coming in left (or right)," enters
the room and positions himself where he can control the actions of his teams.
13. Once the room is cleared, the team leader of the assaulting fire team signals to the squad leader that the building has been entered and the foothold gained.
The squad leader enters the building and marks the entry point with a Phoenix
Beacon. The squad leader determines whether or not his squad can continue to
clear through the building and maintain fire superiority outside with the base
of fire team.
15. The squad leader rotates fire teams as necessary to keep soldiers fresh and continue the momentum of the attack.
16. The squad leader follows the fire team that is clearing to ensure that the cleared rooms are properly marked (ir chemlight disks).
17. Once the room is cleared, the team leader of the assaulting fire team signals to the squad leader that the building has been entered and the foothold gained.
18. The squad leader reports to the platoon leader that the squad has entered the building and gained a foothold. He ensures that the entry point to the building is marked with a Phoenix Beacon. The platoon follows the success of the seizure of the foothold as part of the Platoon Drill, Enter and Clearing a Building.
19. The squad reorganizes as necessary. Leaders redistribute ammunition.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|